You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! (caption contest inside)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Can I ask why Stapes is off to Macau and what's it like over there, from a poker perspective?

Also, I know the sky cash game is upcoming and its great but do you guys know if there is going to be any high stakes stuff on tv or via the net soon.  I used to love watching poker after dark and high stakes poker but it seems to have dried up recently.

Cheers guys.
  • edited May 2013

Hand History #655463370

• edited May 2013

turbo open  could i find a fold here when i get a 4 bet or does it play itself ?
  • edited May 2013
    Bonjour chaps!
    Great to see you two bantersaurus rex's on the show tonight! Just gone out of the main... but won a tidy sum early on today so not too bothered but had an interesting hand on the way which is a beaut! The Id is 655476541

Cheers guys! Shafty91 aka Steve
  • edited May 2013

If showing hands from mini. This is a hand just before the sync break kicked in and my toast was burning....so I just chucked it in then just managed to get back to see the river card.....

• edited May 2013

hi rich and joe

going down very fast...

9:56 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 460 515 232 50  
    left 51 49 2    

earl00108 2 16      
    gibbzy 45 1      

• edited May 2013
    Shame there is still background music
  • edited May 2013

Evening Guys

Sorry I missed first part of show.  To be fair - I should have missed it all - wedding anniversary today ( 19 years lol ) and due to go out for a meal, but Junior Fifteen is unwell, so postponed.

As for captions, Rich is obviously doing his Nelson impression with "I see no Chips"

I'm not sure what to make of Stapes, other than he looks like an even camper version of Marc Almond.  Perhaps he holds a torch for you Rich ;)

Great to see you two on together.  I will be at SPT Brum Rich - another oppotunity for you to duck out from buying me that beer again.

Great show as always 

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited May 2013
    Great show, really enjoying it- stapes analysis is really insightful and interesting.
  • edited May 2013
    u might wanna show this hand mastercash table 4   

ya could say we have alot of history :) 

• edited May 2013
    Gret show guys

Master cash 1 just now  
    for my worst fold of the night
  • edited May 2013
    Evening guys

Just finished a night of playing Tikay's Omaha High-Low tournaments, so only now started watching the show

Thoughts on the new graphics:

Overall look and feel is fine, but there is just too much "going on". The "zooming in and out" on the player on whom the action sits gets confusing quite quickly, and the moving dark blue background just seems to serve no purpose other than to distract from the action. "At The Races" uses a similar background when they show two races "split-screen" and it is equally distracting there.

The dealer button needs to be slightly bigger

To echo Andrew1947, please please please please get rid of the background music. it adds nothing and all it does is to make it harder to hear the presenter and analyst talking about the cards.

I'd also like to see the cards slightly bigger (possibly the expense of some of the screen space allocated to the avatars), but that may just be me.

Positives include the way raise/bet sizes are shown, particularly in 3-bet and 4-bet etc. pots, and the ability to see players' stack sizes at all times during the hand is a must that has been a long time coming.
  • edited May 2013
    hand #655544561 l
  • edited May 2013

Any chance of turning the music up.......keeping the action going constantly on the table....auto updates of tournie lobbies....etc etc etc

....please collect your UB40's on your way out guys...:)
  • edited May 2013
    Richard Orford?? zzzzzzzz....(!)

Agree that the graphics look a bit 'busy' with all the colours and Star Wars background.  Looks like the graphics team got a few new toys to play with :)

• edited May 2013
    hi guys     amazing graphics , but would like the held cards level , as it would be to much for the eyes when multi tabling .

caption for yours rich ( is it a bird , is it a plane , wow no its a tkay )
            caption for stapes (is it a bird , is it a plane , wow no its a maid )

love the show , keep it up boys
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! (caption contest inside):
    Richard Orford?? zzzzzzzz....(!) Agree that the graphics look a bit 'busy' with all the colours and Star Wars background.  Looks like the graphics team got a few new toys to play with :)
    Posted by bbMike
    I see what you did there. Funny. :D
  • edited May 2013

Hmmm... so that's what Joe calls people who dwell up.... and he's doing a show with Anna soon?

Do you sell tickets to the show? Can you get seats in for a live audience? I will pay good money to be there to see Anna's reaction.

• edited May 2013
    I've only been watching for 10 minutes and Joe Stapleton deserves his own show. Great to see someone bring a natural sense of humour to the show.
  • edited May 2013
    Great show guys and great double act in the making

Those graphics are gonna take a bit getting used to imo but i woulda prob liked them better if they actually showed me winning a hand :)

BTW lol at Rich saying Donttelmum has prob gone to bed now :)  He never sleeps mate :)

Daz
  • edited May 2013

sandwich technique....

great show

to me, the card graphics could be better as i think it is important that the viewer readily understands what is being shown. it would be so much better to have the cards all the same size, with the same perspective (preferably no perspective its superfluous at best) aligned in two columns (left three hands and right three hands) and both cards positioned side by side with no overlap.  the card graphics are unnecessarily fancy and a little awkward.

great show