You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

b/r mess

2»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: b/r mess:
    In Response to Re: b/r mess : in fact, most of the time it's a win! (in all but cash earned) i see a bit of the former don in you - has potential - will engage in hand discussions - but allows his bad times to overwhelm his good. the don took a break but is now back with a vengeance you need to find your cure for the emotional beats - could be a break - learning more - changing your game - giving up, whatever. you have potential but you need to find the way to make it work for you.
    Posted by GELDY
    So true, when your on tilt you dont have an edge on anyone.  Thanks tho i liked that comment, i like to think i have potential but its been a very very slow progression lol what tilt is it though cause i read 'the mental game of poker' alot but cant work out what it is. desperation tilt? hate losing tilt?
  • edited May 2013
    If you're not winning then that alone is not a reason to quit, as most of us are losing players, but if you're not enjoying it then definitely quit!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yeah but its not nice to lose, we all want to progress futher with our games.  Why do you play then, just because you like the game?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: b/r mess : Yeah but its not nice to lose, we all want to progress futher with our games.  Why do you play then, just because you like the game?
    Posted by robbie1992
    Yep, it's a hobby. The same as buying & playing my guitars or doing trackdays in my car.
  • edited May 2013

Losing/not enjoying it isn't neccesserily a reason to quit, most winning players were in your shoes at one time or another.

If/when you start winning the enjoyment might come. If it doesn't, maybe that's the time to quit unless you need to play on purely for financial gain.

Did you ever look in to getting a coach as suggested in your previous thread?

Sound like you can afford it, and that it will be worthwhile.

You're probably at a level (experience and bankroll/stakes wise) where a coach will be really beneficial, maybe the type of student a 'coach' would enjoy working with as you have good understanding already and it's just trying to take it up a level.

Give it a spin for £100 or so, will get you a 4/5 hours and maybe see how you feel after that?
  • edited May 2013
    Losing/not enjoying it isn't neccesserily a reason to quit, most winning players were in your shoes at one time or another. If/when you start winning the enjoyment might come. If it doesn't, maybe that's the time to quit unless you need to play on purely for financial gain. Did you ever look in to getting a coach as suggested in your previous thread? Sound like you can afford it, and that it will be worthwhile. You're probably at a level (experience and bankroll/stakes wise) where a coach will be really beneficial, maybe the type of student a 'coach' would enjoy working with as you have good understanding already and it's just trying to take it up a level. Give it a spin for £100 or so, will get you a 4/5 hours and maybe see how you feel after that?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    no i didnt, i forgot to ask lambert to send me the details.  Yeah i definatly need a coach or some interaction with another person over my hands.  Yeah true every player was like this i guess but i wouldnt care if i see signs of improvment but i dont really.  Im gonna start a diary instead of posting to much in the forum, might help people spot my mistakes and make me continue with my br and usually i panic because iv lost a certain amaount withdraw and come back in a week on two, but thats pointless ill come back with the same problems lol
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: b/r mess : no i didnt, i forgot to ask lambert to send me the details.  Yeah i definatly need a coach or some interaction with another person over my hands.  Yeah true every player was like this i guess but i wouldnt care if i see signs of improvment but i dont really.  Im gonna start a diary instead of posting to much in the forum, might help people spot my mistakes and make me continue with my br and usually i panic because iv lost a certain amaount withdraw and come back in a week on two, but thats pointless ill come back with the same problems lol
    Posted by robbie1992
    I'll PM you some details tonight mate.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: b/r mess : I'll PM you some details tonight mate.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah no rush...thanks mate :)