You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi everyone I am new to sky poker

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Hello everyone, as suggested by Tikay I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Nick, screen name Pompeynic. I only joined the site on Sunday and was hoping to make some friends and have a go at playing poker as I have watched it on tv for years but never been brave enough to have a go!!! As you may have seen I was fortunate enough to win the Super Roller at my very first attempt and can honestly say that I did not get to sleep until 3.30am Monday as the buzz at playing and winning just refused to go away. Anyway I hope that this does not people off as I really did want to join the site and get to know people who enjoy the game and maybe make some new friends.
Play up Pompey
Nick 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Welcome Nick,

Think that's about the sickest possible start you could have when signing up to a poker site! Very well played on Sunday, everyone needs a bit of run good to win an MTT.

Hopefully see you at the tables more often.

Paul
  • edited May 2013

Welcome to the forum Nick. Very well done on Sunday!

• edited May 2013
    Very nice result Sir!

Welcome :)
  • edited May 2013

Hi, Nick, welcome to Sky Poker and many congratulations on winning your first ever tournament. What an incredible start!

As my name implies, I support Plymouth Argyle so I'm looking forward to the Dockyard Derby next season.  Let's hope better times are just around the corner for both teams.

Ian

• edited May 2013
    Welcome, well done and good luck!

• edited May 2013
    Hi Pomey
    Great result - welcome to the forum & Sky Poker.

Best of Luck at the Tables.
  • edited May 2013
    Well done hope u can keep it up I shall look u up when I'm on. 
  • edited May 2013
    sick way to join a site. congrats and good luck in the future
  • edited May 2013
    hello 

nice win sir. 

Enjoy and stick around.
  • edited May 2013
    welcome and congrats on your win 
  • edited May 2013
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Great result in the super roller. VWP

What are your plans pokerwise now?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Hi everyone I am new to sky poker:
    Hello everyone, as suggested by Tikay I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Nick, screen name Pompeynic. I only joined the site on Sunday and was hoping to make some friends and have a go at playing poker as I have watched it on tv for years but never been brave enough to have a go!!! As you may have seen I was fortunate enough to win the Super Roller at my very first attempt and can honestly say that I did not get to sleep until 3.30am Monday as the buzz at playing and winning just refused to go away. Anyway I hope that this does not people off as I really did want to join the site and get to know people who enjoy the game and maybe make some new friends. Play up Pompey Nick 
    Posted by pompeynic
    welcome Nick,

find it difficult to believe you won the Roller having never played before. but regardless vwp & welcome
  • edited May 2013
    You've got a great roll to start smashing things up at the 4nl tables, perhaps coupled with the odd £1 dym and £2.30 BH. If you can stretch, there is a mega stack tourney on Friday nights for £5.50.

The bankroll nit shall inherit the earth.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi everyone I am new to sky poker:
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Great result in the super roller. VWP What are your plans pokerwise now?
    Posted by waller02
    First of all can I say thank you to everyone who has left very nice messages and I also hope both Plymouth and Pompey can recover from very irresponsible ownership. As to my plans poker wise I know full well that I had quite a bit of luck on Sunday on my way to the win, so i have no illusions that i will have lots to learn and that is something that I would welcome feedback on from everyone. I really enjoyed the deep stack tournament as it gave me time to recover from mistakes ( at one stage I think I was down to six or seven thousand chips) I have played some 2p 4p cash and started at £3.20 grew it to £14 then lost some and pulled out at £9. I played two double your money sit and go cashing in one busting out first in another. I would of course one day like to give the wsop main event a go but need to get much much better before I attempt that !!!
    So any advice would be welcome 
  • edited May 2013
    your sharkscope graph is HI-LAR-IOUS
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Hi everyone I am new to sky poker : welcome Nick, find it difficult to believe you won the Roller having never played before. but regardless vwp & welcome
    Posted by GELDY
    Honestly I joined Sunday played some cash 2p 4p, two double your money and I tried a sattelite for the Sky Roller and other than that I have never ever played before but have watched a lot on tv and always wanted to give it a go
  • edited May 2013
    hey pompey(nick) welcome to sky you will enjoy this site alot of good peoplehere.

also do you remember I was at your table in the roller for a while donated all my chips to you lol least you put they chips to good use well done on the bink.
  • edited May 2013
    Welcome and congratulatioins on the win. Call me cynical but I still can't believe a completely new poker player can take down the main event and win over 6 grand, on the first day of playing. I was watching some of the coverage of the Super Roller on Sky Poker TV on the night and it was hard to believe you were doing so well then. 
    I've got nothing against you at all, and if it's true you've never played before then good luck to you, but I suppose if you start winning other events, it might be even harder to believe.  
  • edited May 2013
    Is that you Phil Ivey?
  • edited May 2013
    Awesome start mate

Welcome to the forum
  • edited May 2013
    hi nick ive been playing on sky  since 2009  everyone dreams of a nice big  win its true lol  is all I can say is well done infact very well done don't let people put u off ur dreams  but just rember poker is gambling  real money  easy come easy go lol may ur luck continue buddy but most of  all have  fun there  are lots of people  in forums that  give gud advice if u need it or sky team guys 
  • edited May 2013
    Nice one Pompeynic---- you're an inspiration!--- I'm thinking of becoming a new player that has never played before myself now--- Just waiting for brain transplant technology to catch up with reality.
  • edited May 2013
    very well played Nick...

what a fantastic start to your poker life...

long may it continue.!!!

(you do know it's downhill from now on though.  lol
    only joking, of course.)

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Nice one Pompeynic---- you're an inspiration!--- I'm thinking of becoming a new player that has never played before myself now--- Just waiting for brain transplant technology to catch up with reality.
    Posted by oynutter
    just so lol
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi everyone I am new to sky poker : First of all can I say thank you to everyone who has left very nice messages and I also hope both Plymouth and Pompey can recover from very irresponsible ownership. As to my plans poker wise I know full well that I had quite a bit of luck on Sunday on my way to the win, so i have no illusions that i will have lots to learn and that is something that I would welcome feedback on from everyone. I really enjoyed the deep stack tournament as it gave me time to recover from mistakes ( at one stage I think I was down to six or seven thousand chips) I have played some 2p 4p cash and started at £3.20 grew it to £14 then lost some and pulled out at £9. I played two double your money sit and go cashing in one busting out first in another. I would of course one day like to give the wsop main event a go but need to get much much better before I attempt that !!! So any advice would be welcome 
    Posted by pompeynic
    Being a Rangers fan i know the pain. I wish both clubs all the best. 

Ban irresoinsible owners imo!
  • edited May 2013
    your sharkscope graph is HI-LAR-IOUS
    Posted by gazza127
    3008% ROI! 
  • edited May 2013
    nice one, enjoy the money )
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Hi everyone I am new to sky poker:
    Hello everyone, as suggested by Tikay I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Nick, screen name Pompeynic. I only joined the site on Sunday and was hoping to make some friends and have a go at playing poker as I have watched it on tv for years but never been brave enough to have a go!!! As you may have seen I was fortunate enough to win the Super Roller at my very first attempt and can honestly say that I did not get to sleep until 3.30am Monday as the buzz at playing and winning just refused to go away. Anyway I hope that this does not people off as I really did want to join the site and get to know people who enjoy the game and maybe make some new friends. Play up Pompey Nick 
    Posted by pompeynic
    welcome
  • edited May 2013
    Hi and a belated welcome pompeynic

I was flabbergasted with this result, if indeed you are totally new to playing (im sure many of us are somewhat dubious lol) then wow, i am a fellow good starter, i came 2nd in my 1st main event for 1600 (roughly 50th mtt after 3 weeks of play). It was one hell of a night i can only imagination how you reacted :) im amazed that you even got to sleep.

Good point gazza im going to check his sharkscope profit graph it will be funny as fupp ............ L M A O HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG dont play anymore games you have the perfect graph :P