You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Slykllist6154
    thanks for the bok Rob, just busted the mini
  • edited June 2013
    The best Motorway services are at Lancaster (Forton) on the M6. The Pennine tower on the Northbound carriageway was made a listed building last year, though it hasn't been in use for decades. I think it closed in the early nineties due to safety concerns and hasn't been reopened since. The hexagonal lifts in the tower section are still in use for the ground and first floors, though.

The Westmorland Tebay services are renowned as having an excellent standard of food, but ee bye gum they're pricey.
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks Anna & TK for playing my AKs hand. My thoughts were Carrsbar had AQ and not the flush draw, didn't even spot it. I missed the re-raise preflop, should have done it, was trying to be tricky :)
  • edited June 2013
    the service station could be Charnock Richard. It's near Chorley in Lancashire.
  • edited June 2013
    Prrrrff!!! Men drivers!
  • edited June 2013
    The 'Air Traffic Control Tower' is the Pennine Tower at Lancaster (Forton).

At Charnock Richard they actually have the "restaurant" on the bridge over the motorway.
  • edited June 2013
    hi dream team 2

its scottish for give me a hand. mad, i know but there you are. it comes from the glasgow side of the country.

onwards and upwards :-)

• edited June 2013
    oh, and by the way, you do look nice tonight Tikay.

Anna always looks nice.

• edited June 2013

go trev....

10:54 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 228 446 119 52  
    left 41 44 1    

POKERTREV 20 19      

• edited June 2013
    The Latin word for 'hand' is 'manus'.

This can be seen in the modern romance languages such as Italian, where 'a hand' is 'una mano'.  Curiously, the 'o' would seem to indicate that 'mano' should be a masculine word but it actually uses the feminine article of 'una', 'la', 'questa', etc... which makes it unusually tricky in the normally straightforward world of Italian genders.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****:
                go trev....           10:54 PM main mini both % main in mini               entered 228 446 119 52   left 41 44 1                             POKERTREV 20 19                                                                                                                                          
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks aussie.

Enjoying the show Anna & Tikay
  • edited June 2013
    Anna.  Tiger bread is so called as its originator was eating a lion bar when they were cooking it for the first time.  Hope this helps.

• edited June 2013
    Tikay, I'm with you on carrot cake - horrible.
  • edited June 2013

Hi there , TK to answeer your questions.  
                   mince pies ( AS Xmas ) originally did have meat in them back in Victorian times.
                   And  an optician deals with your glasses and the opthalmic men deals with your eyes.

• edited June 2013
    tiger bread is either a roll or a bloomer with cheese sprinkled on the top.

carrot cake does have carrots in it and was born of ingenuity in war time when there was no sugar to be had.

ever tried beetroot on toast? yummy!

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****:
    tiger bread is either a roll or a bloomer with cheese sprinkled on the top. carrot cake does have carrots in it and was born of ingenuity in war time when there was no sugar to be had. ever tried beetroot on toast? yummy! onwards and upwards :-)
    Posted by Gollygosh
    If you are going to have anything on toast you should put smoked Arbroath Kippers on it.  Breakfast of kings
  • edited June 2013
    I think I've come up with some particularly interesting things tonight: Unusually charming by my standards.

I'm afraid you'll have to entertain at/ruin Anna's wedding on your own, Tikay. I'm beginning to lose hope over my invitation. It does not seem to be pending.

Back to my charmless self for Richard and Carlo on Tuesday. Tikay, what can you tell us about Simon Deadman?
  • edited June 2013
    Still feel sick after my QQ losy to the J7, but for  the sake of clarity. Historically, Optometrists were ophthalmic opticians (they test eyes and issue prescriptions and can dispense spactacles). Dispensing opticians just dispense specatcles. As both were opticians, there wa some confusion, so ophthalmic opticians became optometrists (interestingly we have been metric using metres for about 100 years).
    As an aside we never say 20/20 vision in the UK, and that's all American and to do with feet and inches - we have 6/6 vision.
    Personally, you can call me what you want.
  • edited June 2013
    In the UK the word ‘optician’ is often used to refer to an optometrist as many high street ‘opticians’ are in fact qualified optometrists. In other places around the world however, the word ‘optician’ is used to refer to a dispensing optician whose role is somewhat more limited, and not ncessarily a qualified medical practitioner
  • edited June 2013
    Simon Deadman is supposed to be on the show on Tuesday...

Could it be that this is a mistake in the "What's On" thread? Surely you would know if he's going to be on.
  • edited June 2013

Can the last hand you show tonight be the tommyd folding the quads one again please ......just for the lolz. :)

• edited June 2013
    To be honest, I wasn't worried about how handsome Mr Deadman is... Thanks though.
  • edited June 2013
    Talking of the "Wembley thing" as far as I can tell Day 3 has ended with 99 left, average about 400,000, chip leader about 1.5 million

Toby Lewis 4th just shy of a million chips
    Sam Trickett 7th about 800,000
    Devilfish (!) has 700,000
    other still in include Peter Eastgate and Praz Bansi and (I think) Amy Trodd & Nik Persaud
  • edited June 2013
    Talking of the "Wembley thing" as far as I can tell Day 3 has ended with 99 left, average about 400,000, chip leader about 1.5 million Toby Lewis 4th just shy of a million chips Sam Trickett 7th about 800,000 Devilfish (!) has 700,000 other still in include Peter Eastgate and Praz Bansi and (I think) Amy Trodd & Nik Persaud
    Posted by FCHD
    The last I heard, "Direwolf" was still in, & going along nicely, too.

I don't know if he survived until the end of play, but he definitely "made the money".

I'll let you know later if he is still in, & how he gets on.

Good luck Guy!