You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

everyones a winner

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
i feel i must make others aware of how sky are treating me and probably most other players surely u cant make up the rules as you go along !!! right my point is the everyones a winner tournament is for selected players does not clarify why or what they have done to get into this and chat support wont even tell me why. so basically there is no criteria? it is just random they say and if u dont have an ivitation via email u can not play! ok well i noticed there is a player called kris2405 on this site now he was not invited to play nor had a password u can see him on twitter under name krisv24 clearly ask sky if how he can get in they told him no invite then u can not play im afraid he says its his birthday yesterday lol etc. stil to no joy no invite no play they say. now to my amazement they let him in an now he's chip leader?????? explain SKY........ even before this i couldnt understand how u randomise which players are in this game without no pacific reason as to why whatsoeva???? and then to see a player who clearly was told he needs password and invitation to be involved playing shows how there is no rules u do what you want well i dont feel like its safe gaming im afraid also looks like use are favouring certain players until theres an explanation as to how u get into such a game i wont be satisfied an will consider what to do next thank you Thexmajor......

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to everyones a winner:
    i feel i must make others aware of how sky are treating me and probably most other players surely u cant make up the rules as you go along !!! right my point is the everyones a winner tournament is for selected players does not clarify why or what they have done to get into this and chat support wont even tell me why. so basically there is no criteria? it is just random they say and if u dont have an ivitation via email u can not play! ok well i noticed there is a player called kris2405 on this site now he was not invited to play nor had a password u can see him on twitter under name krisv24 clearly ask sky if how he can get in they told him no invite then u can not play im afraid he says its his birthday yesterday lol etc. stil to no joy no invite no play they say. now to my amazement they let him in an now he's chip leader?????? explain SKY........ even before this i couldnt understand how u randomise which players are in this game without no pacific reason as to why whatsoeva???? and then to see a player who clearly was told he needs password and invitation to be involved playing shows how there is no rules u do what you want well i dont feel like its safe gaming im afraid also looks like use are favouring certain players until theres an explanation as to how u get into such a game i wont be satisfied an will consider what to do next thank you Thexmajor......
    Posted by ThexMajor
    I'm sure there is an Atlantic reason why they're invited, rather than being random. I believe they'd be in contact via email if you're eligible.

• edited June 2013
     I got no invite. and Sky love me? --- no Arctic you late reason at all !!!
  • edited June 2013
    There are certainly players in that freeroll that were not invited, personally I hope they are not allowed to keep their winnings.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: everyones a winner:
    In Response to everyones a winner : I'm sure there is an Atlantic reason why they're invited, rather than being random. I believe they'd be in contact via email if you're eligible.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Do you mean Atlantic crossing by ROD Stewart a very good Album it was,
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, I have no idea what this MTT is let alone who was invited and who wasn't.

Thex, how do you know a player was not invited?

If someone who was invited decided to leak the password then why is it SkyPoker's fault?  This has happened in password freerolls since online poker began, not sure how you can blame the room and not the leaker.

And poker players will try something for free money, and now the weather....
  • edited June 2013
    it would take one simple post by Sky to explain (or at least give some vague details) about the criteria for these invite-only freerolls, yet each time one is mentioned we are told to lump it and the thread is closed without the opportunity for further discussion.
  • edited June 2013
    paige55 will you stop posting in my name,you bad girl
  • edited June 2013
    Surely Sky know who they sent the e-mails too, I highly doubt those who didnt get an e-mail and therefore are ineligible will be allowed to keep their winnings, would be nice to hear from sky themselves though
  • edited June 2013
    I hear Errol Brown had an invite!
  • edited June 2013
    If I invite my friends around for a home game, are you lot going to moan about it? Demanding to see the invitation criteria?

Okay, I don't have any friends but the point stands. Why do Sky need to explain every little detail to us? Be realistic.

I don't care about who gets in to this freeroll. If some people want to be crafty/ask nicely for the password and get it from someone, then why do you care?
  • edited June 2013
    I was invited, and cashed, however im guessing idonkcallu aand certsin otheres where not, rediculous imo
  • edited June 2013
    I got free money, but lets complain 
  • edited June 2013
    Tikay has said he'll reply in the morning, obvs he's doing a show at the moment
  • edited June 2013
    I'm not sure how the phrase 'Invite only freeroll' isn't explanation enough to be frank.

Everyone chill out please, I'm probably going to close (not delete) this thread in a moment if this continues.  Then one of the suits or Tikay can open it and answer the questions if they feel so inclined.
  • edited June 2013
    everyones a winner now the donk is leaving ya all got a good chance to win peace out all \/  good luck 
  • edited June 2013
    everyones a winner now the donk is leaving ya all got a good chance to win peace out all \/  good luck 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    i've Sent you a pm Steve please  read it 

Regards Alan
  • edited June 2013
    If I invite my friends around for a home game, are you lot going to moan about it? Demanding to see the invitation criteria? Okay, I don't have any friends but the point stands. Why do Sky need to explain every little detail to us? Be realistic. I don't care about who gets in to this freeroll.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Because it's the money they have taken from us in rake that is used to pay for these freerolls?

I'm not even that bothered by the actual tournaments themselves, just Sky's heavy handed closing of threads each time someone asks about them.
  • edited June 2013
    It was my birthday yesterday, and i didn't get an invite.....but it's prejudice against scouses...lol
  • _G__G_
    edited June 2013
    Hi TommyD

I am sorry if you think i am going on about this, but, i was wondering how you get invited into these freerolls,
    i dont know how or what you have to do, could you shed some light on the subject please.

Glen
  • edited June 2013
    Hi TommyD I am sorry if you think i am going on about this, but, i was wondering how you get invited into these freerolls, i dont know how or what you have to do, could you shed some light on the subject please. Glen
    Posted by _G_
    I honestly don't know how G.

The point I was trying to make was twofold:

1)  There have been invite only freerolls and private freerolls on poker sites practically since they started.  I personally think the term 'invite only' is self explanatory.  I don't know why a poker site would need to expand upon this and I also don't understand why a certain section (not you Sir) of the community feel that they should get an invite or be told why not.

2)  Passwords for freerolls have always been leaked for as long as they have been going.  If someone feels the need to go looking for them and ask everyone already in there what the password is then it's up to them.  They are the ones risking some sort of intervention from the site if they are discovered and the site deems it fit.  Personally I don't think it's worth the risk.

Finally in addition I don't know why this has spilt onto the forum.  I didn't see it but I have since been told most of the abuse and comments which has angered and upset many was on a private Facebook group (I'm a member of it by the way but all of the posts have been deleted before I saw them).  I don't know why the fallout of that comes here and don't like it.  Because it just leads to increased bad feeling and a drop in the atmosphere in the forum as well as confusion as most people don't know what it's all about.
  • edited June 2013
    Is there a dress code to get in?

• edited June 2013
    In Response to everyones a winner : I'm sure there is an Atlantic reason why they're invited, rather than being random. I believe they'd be in contact via email if you're eligible.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I can sense a sea change on Sky before long.
  • edited June 2013
     The people that were invited to the freeroll are happy ---- The people that were not invited to the freeroll are exactly as happy as they were before they knew about the freeroll ---- so anyone that has lost some happiness is problably never going to be truly happy, until they have been invited to every freeroll. and this cannot happen until they are dead ! ----- and we can't really blame sky poker for that fact.

Forgive them now!

Tunbridge Wells
  • edited June 2013
     The people that were invited to the freeroll are happy ---- The people that were not invited to the freeroll are exactly as happy as they were before they knew about the freeroll ---- so anyone that has lost some happiness is problably never going to be truly happy, until they have been invited to every freeroll. and this cannot happen until they are dead ! ----- and we can't really blame sky poker for that fact.                                                        Forgive them now!                                                                       Tunbridge Wells
    Posted by oynutter
    There were 1000 prizes yet less than 200 enetred so I dont think it was overly abused, why are people moaning when every single person who enetered got at least £10 for their troubles.The only thing that this will do is for sky to not hold anymore of these and then everyone loses out, come on boys stop sulking and get playing!!
  • edited June 2013
     But the people that can't see the reason not to moan do have a right to moan, we can't restrict the right to moan to reasonable people can we?
  • edited June 2013

As promised last night, I will try & deal with some of these questions this morning, once I've sorted some other stuff out.

The replies by TommyD & Slykllist pretty much nail it, to be honest, but I said I would reply, so I will.

Please bear with me until then.

Thanks. 
  • edited June 2013

Not really sure quite how to explain this without giving offence.

In reply to numerous questions, the business replied to one such "why cant I have the password?" question last week along these lines....

"If you are entitled to play it, you will have been sent the Password".

Several people suggested this was rude, & disrespectful.It was neither, it was a simple fact, explained clearly, & not intended as rude, so I'm really going to struggle with this, but I'll do my best. It is better if I try & tell it straight, as it is.

More follows..... 

• edited June 2013
     The people that were invited to the freeroll are happy ---- The people that were not invited to the freeroll are exactly as happy as they were before they knew about the freeroll ---- so anyone that has lost some happiness is problably never going to be truly happy, until they have been invited to every freeroll. and this cannot happen until they are dead ! ----- and we can't really blame sky poker for that fact.                                                        Forgive them now!                                                                       Tunbridge Wells
    Posted by oynutter
    Quality post, says it all

Legend!
  • edited June 2013

Sky Poker do a lot of targeted Freerolls.

They are specific to certain, & different, groups of players.
    Every single Online Poker site does them, always have, always will.

I dion't intend to detail the specific groups, that is commercially sensitive, but don't forget, Sky Poker is part of a wider family of sites in SB&G, & Freerolls MAY be targeted at regulars of Bet, Vegas or Bingo, as well as Poker.

They are also done as part of Promotions, Social -Media stuff (Twitter & Facebook) & a myriad of other reasons, including targeting re-activations, & specific groups of players who may play a lot, a little, or who have not played for a while. Standard Online Gaming marketing.

In fact ALL businesses do this, or pretty much. Nectar Cards in petrol stations, Tesco Club Cards, da de da, are all part of modern-day targeted promotion by vendors.

The system works very well, otherwise they would not do them.

Does everyone have a right to know what & whom these Freerolls are for?

No, sorry, they don't. This is not a Council, or the Government, spending Constituents or Taxpayers money, it is a private commercial business. It is fully entitled to spend it's money any way it wishes, as long as it is fully street legal, compliant, & not discrminatory towards race, sex, disability etc.

There are Freerolls every single day on Sky Poker, open to all. Yes, you need a few poker points to enter them, & we can debate that all day. But imagine what would happen if Poker Points were NOT needed to enter them......yup, thousands of poker players, who have never played or deposited here, & never will, would flood the site, destroying the Freeroll value for the regulars here. That makes no sense, & would be lose lose for all.

More follows.....
  • edited June 2013

So what is the best way to deal with, & reply to, all these "what is the password please?" Threads?

Some seem to take offence to a brief, straight & honest reply, & that is not the intention, but it's hard to know how else to say these things.

The business are debating how best to resolve this. 

It is likely therefore that they will decide that they will not respond to any of these threads on the Community, & if you wish to ask that question, you will need to contact Customer Care, who will give you a reasoned reply.

Any such threads will be closed. 

Which brings us to the "repeatedly closed threads" matter.....

More follows.....