You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

everyones a winner

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013

Threads do get closed rather more than I would personally like to see.

If I were King for a Day (copyright Radiohead) I would change that, I just think it is good to talk, but I don't expect to be King any time soon.

The issue, though, is one of time, & endlessly debating the same things, when, as has been pointed out hundreds of times, the correct route for Customer complaints & the like is Customer Care.

Nobody in the Business has the remit to deal with Customer Queries on the Community. Why? Because they have a Customer Care Department, & that is their job.

It is a tricky line to negotiate without upsetting anyone, it really is. Which sort of begs the question.......have you ever wondered why other Online Poker Sites do not have in-house Communities or Forums? There IS a good reason!

More follows.....   

• edited June 2013

Passwords.

If players have a Private Password & pass it on to others, it is.....regrettable.

What that does is destroy value for everyone in the Freeroll. It does not cost the Business a penny, but it causes bad blood, as we saw last night.

If, say, there is a £20 Freeroll limited to 20 players, that equates to £1 per player.

If Fred, who is entitled to play it, tells his mate the Password, then his mate tells his two mates, & so on, soon there are 40 in the Freeroll, & the value per head is now ten bob. So Fred has lost ten bob, which is just daft when you think about it, & affects EVERYONE in that Freeroll, so it is, arguably, a little selfish, & is hardly likely to make yourself popular. The Business is looking at ways to stop this happening in future.

Is there some form of censure or penalty for doing this? Not really, not at present, the legalities are far-reaching, so that is more Management & Legal resource tied up finding a way to prevent it, & penalise those who abuse the sysyem. I imagine a solution will be found, though.

I hope that has answered most of the questions that arose, & that it does not cause offence to anyone. It was not intended to. But you did ask, & so I answered. 

My old Nan used to say be careful what you wish for.

;)   

• edited June 2013
    A great responce as usual tk, 1 way around it check who cashed and see if tey were invited, if players know this then they wont bother looking for the invite only freeroll, AS THEY SAY IF YOUR NAMES NOT DOWN YOUR NOT COMING IN...........................
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: everyones a winner:
    A great responce as usual tk, 1 way around it check who cashed and see if tey were invited, if players know this then they wont bother looking for the invite only freeroll, AS THEY SAY IF YOUR NAMES NOT DOWN YOUR NOT COMING IN...........................
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Thank you.

Well that is one answer, yes, but would it not be better if people did not abuse the system in the first place? The problem disappears then.

I'm not actually sure that, legally, the Business CAN withhold such monies at present, you know how it is these days with sense of entitlement in a lititagious society.  
  • edited June 2013

yes that would be the answer, but u will always get some that abuse the system, even if its a few it causes resentment among others, and things blow up over something that is so silly in relevence to life, but saying that its the princable of the matter,imo just greed on behalf of some players to abuse this system.

• edited June 2013
    yes that would be the answer, but u will always get some that abuse the system, even if its a few it causes resentment among others, and things blow up over something that is so silly in relevence to life, but saying that its the princable of the matter,imo just greed on behalf of some players to abuse this system.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Pretty much agree with every word, but especially the enboldened part.

Hard to believe folks get so het up about these things when there are far more important things in life to worry about, such as the difference between......

....and

• edited June 2013
    As a suggestion why not just autiomatically enter those eligable, thus then they wouldn't know the password to share anyways, it could run much like the top of the posts promotion. 

This would also mean it was a locked tournament - thus even if somehow a password that was correct did get leaked, it wouldn't be useable anyways
  • edited June 2013
    As a suggestion why not just autiomatically enter those eligable, thus then they wouldn't know the password to share anyways, it could run much like the top of the posts promotion.  This would also mean it was a locked tournament - thus even if somehow a password that was correct did get leaked, it wouldn't be useable anyways
    Posted by The_Don90
    ......because quite often, a large % of eligible players do not actually turn up & play Freerolls.

And then what happens?

THE most bizarre thing. People complain that half the seats on their Table are "AWAY".

Don't ask me to explain that, because I simply cant.

If 40 players are eligible, & only 10 enter, then I'd be chuffed to bits. The £1 per head Freeroll example I used earlier is now a £4 per head Freeroll. What's not to like?

As I get older, I understand stuff less & less.

• edited June 2013

The solution to this is pretty obv.......

1) Ban freerolls.
    2) Close forum.
    3) Delete facebook from tinternet

^^^ sort it out sky!
  • edited June 2013
    Some people will always find something to complian about Tikay.  Sometimes they'll complain about a thing so much it gets changed and then they'll complain about the thing they asked for it to be changed to.  As long as you keep giving them something to complain about, they'll be happy complaining so just leave them to it!

As for a solution the freeroll issue - TOKENS that appear in the players account and must be activated, or even just a simple link in the e-mail that needs to be authorised to trigger entry to the tournament, SIMPLES!

and yes.... I know this is probably a lot more problematic to implement than I just made it sound :)
  • edited June 2013
    I am pretty sure the priority freeroll is not a password but locked to those eligible to play.Why not do the same here.Send e-mails to eligible players if they want to play they play if not they don't only those on the list can reg.
  • edited June 2013
    I am pretty sure the priority freeroll is not a password but locked to those eligible to play.Why not do the same here.Send e-mails to eligible players if they want to play they play if not they don't only those on the list can reg.
    Posted by belsibub
    thats exactly what it was when i was eligable for those.

easiest solution there is to all of this
  • edited June 2013

The easiest solution is for people to respect the rules & acept they do not have the RIGHT to play in certain Freerolls. That is where the problem begins. Yes, the Business has responsibilities, but so do the players. Two way street, this.  

EDIT - That's just me living in my little dream world I suppose!

• edited June 2013
    Tikay can you explain to everyone on here because i am not sure it is sinking in! there were 1000 prizes availablefor the freeroll yet less than 200 players, that means everyone had a 5 times greater chance of winning and also a certain £10 and not 50p.its hardly been abused and to all those saying players were not invited how do you know. I t was a great freeroll for anyone in it and thank you sky poker for inviting myself and many others into it. A nd finally to all of you that are not happy despite your certain £10 + in your account today , dont enter it next time!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Tikay can you explain to everyone on here because i am not sure it is sinking in! there were 1000 prizes availablefor the freeroll yet less than 200 players, that means everyone had a 5 times greater chance of winning and also a certain £10 and not 50p.its hardly been abused and to all those saying players were not invited how do you know. I t was a great freeroll for anyone in it and thank you sky poker for inviting myself and many others into it. A nd finally to all of you that are not happy despite your certain £10 + in your account today , dont enter it next time!!!!
    Posted by griffith10
    You seem to have misunderstood, none of this is aimed at players who were legitimately invited, and congratulations on your free money :)

It is clear from conversations away from this forum that some players had obtained the password who had not been invited and therefore should not have been playing, hence the discussion being raised and the detailed responses that Tikay has posted.
  • edited June 2013
    Could it not be possible to email,text,etc that participants have been invited into a freeroll and the password will be given to you 10 mins prior to event taken place.If you tell them the date and time before hand im sure they will keep an eye out for password,This way it stops people giving away the PW and hopefully stop any discrestions
  • edited June 2013

The easiest solution is for people to respect the rules & acept they do not have the RIGHT to play in certain Freerolls. That is where the problem begins. Yes, the Business has responsibilities, but so do the players. Two way street, this.     EDIT - That's just me living in my little dream world I suppose!  
    Posted by Tikay10

Look lads and lady peeps --- Listen to Tikay ---- read the lines before you read between the lines---- some of these freerolls are used to attract people that we really, really, really want to see playing poker against us in the future!
  • edited June 2013
     Why not have a freeroll for chess grandmasters only ---sort it out Sky --- that'll teach em!!!
  • edited June 2013
      Look lads and lady peeps --- Listen to Tikay ---- read the lines before you read between the lines---- some of these freerolls are used to attract people that we really, really, really want to see playing poker against us in the future!
    Posted by oynutter
    THIS
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, I have no idea what this MTT is let alone who was invited and who wasn't. Thex, how do you know a player was not invited? If someone who was invited decided to leak the password then why is it SkyPoker's fault?  This has happened in password freerolls since online poker began, not sure how you can blame the room and not the leaker. And poker players will try something for free money, and now the weather....
    Posted by TommyD
    hi tommy i am not certain sky put him in but from what i see on twitter he certainly was not invited sky said so themselfs so that is how i know. anyways i just thought i'd bring up that no criteria or no info as to how u get in is not good surely?its not about the money its not exactly life changing is it, its the principle as to how they choose which players get in surely were all equals and all should be given the chance.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: everyones a winner : I honestly don't know how G. The point I was trying to make was twofold: 1)  There have been invite only freerolls and private freerolls on poker sites practically since they started.  I personally think the term 'invite only' is self explanatory.  I don't know why a poker site would need to expand upon this and I also don't understand why a certain section (not you Sir) of the community feel that they should get an invite or be told why not. 2)  Passwords for freerolls have always been leaked for as long as they have been going.  If someone feels the need to go looking for them and ask everyone already in there what the password is then it's up to them.  They are the ones risking some sort of intervention from the site if they are discovered and the site deems it fit.  Personally I don't think it's worth the risk. Finally in addition I don't know why this has spilt onto the forum.  I didn't see it but I have since been told most of the abuse and comments which has angered and upset many was on a private Facebook group (I'm a member of it by the way but all of the posts have been deleted before I saw them).  I don't know why the fallout of that comes here and don't like it.  Because it just leads to increased bad feeling and a drop in the atmosphere in the forum as well as confusion as most people don't know what it's all about.
    Posted by TommyD
    im not used to forums and stuff so im sorry if i started this subject in the wrong place but i do not agree with u atal tommyD yes ithey dont need to explain why or who gets invites on whatever terms but when one asks i would like an answer not to be told by the sky team that they dont even know how they decide not a good enough answer for me im afraid, sure im not the only one with those views then again your views are prob shared by others aswel anyways no more said only wanted a reply from sky no one else 
  • edited June 2013
    ^^^Why should Sky answer a ridiculous question by yourself? ^^^

What has it actually got to do with you? Nothing whatsoever!

INVITE ONLY FREEROLL. Why would anyone really bother looking twice at this if they weren't invited, let alone start a forum thread about it, for God's sake.

"I only wanted an answer from Sky, noone else" - funny, I thought I'd just read three pages of a thread created by yourself where you HAD to tell people how you've been treated. Just LOL
  • edited June 2013
    I'm sure if Sky Poker sent you a Powerpoint presentation detailing their targeted marketing strategy then:

1. it would bore you half to death, and

2. you still wouldn't be sure which segment you slotted into and whether you'd get an invite

• edited June 2013
    I'm sure if Sky Poker sent you a Powerpoint presentation detailing their targeted marketing strategy then:
    1. it would bore you half to death, and
    2. you still wouldn't be sure which segment you slotted into and whether you'd get an invite
    Posted by bbMike
    3. You would still moan and complain about it.
  • _G__G_
    edited June 2013
    Hi Everyone
    my question was not to gain acsees to a freeroll by get a password i wasn't entitled to, my question was to see if i missed some promotion that i had to register for. that's all i was asking, i know that sky do promos and i was wondering if i missed it.

Good luck everyone

Glen