You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread*****

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Oh I DO love a Turbo Tuesday! Live coverage of the main event from 8pm GL to all involved!

I've been tipped off I may need to bring sunglasses in presenting with Ryan, dunno what that's all about do you!? ;-)  I'll be after some tips from the king of multitabling after the forum DTD left me spinning the other week!  Terrific fun though which leads me on to the big question:

Cash or Tournaments?  Which do you prefer and why?  I've been throwing some money around the cash tables just recently and had a great time doing so, that said I'm still a fan of tournament play, which do you think is the better discipline for a lower level player?  

And for a bit of fun! I'm off to the Isle of Wight Festival at the weekend to see The Stone Roses headline with the Killers and Bon Jovi - quite the line up!, I know the first record Ryan ever bought was the Smurf's greatest hits so I can't wait to find out the answer to this one: a few years back the November nine were allowed to choose their own entrance music for their walk into the Penn and Teller Theatre so what would your entrance music be and why? 

There'll be the odd spot prize thoughout the show so get involved!  email skyopen@bskyb.com or post below 

See you from 7pm

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread*****:
    Oh I DO love a Turbo Tuesday! Live coverage of the main event from 8pm GL to all involved! I've been tipped off I may need to bring sunglasses in presenting with Ryan, dunno what that's all about do you!? ;-)  I'll be after some tips from the king of multitabling after the forum DTD left me spinning the other week!  Terrific fun though which leads me on to the big question: Cash or Tournaments?  Which do you prefer and why?  I've been throwing some money around the cash tables just recently and had a great time doing so, that said I'm still a fan of tournament play, which do you think is the better discipline for a lower level player?   And for a bit of fun! I'm off to the Isle of Wight Festival at the weekend to see The Stone Roses headline with the Killers and Bon Jovi - quite the line up!, I know the first record Ryan ever bought was the Smurf's greatest hits so I can't wait to find out the answer to this one: a few years back the November nine were allowed to choose their own entrance music for their walk into the Penn and Teller Theatre so what would your entrance music be and why?   There'll be the odd spot prize thoughout the show so get involved!  email skyopen@bskyb.com or post below  See you from 7pm Sarah xx
    Posted by Sarah_C
    I'll think of something more interesting to say/ask closer to the broadcast, but I can answer the entrance music question now with a stock answer.

Why Can't We Be Friends? by War

Pretty much sums up how I feel every time I end up on the same table as Ryan.  :)
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Sarah
    I'm off on Saturday to see The Stone Roses at Glasgow Green with The View,Jack Bugg and Primal Scream so my entrance music has to be Made of Stone by the roses because I'm a rock!...
  • edited June 2013
    F.E.A.R - Ian Brown

OR

All or Nothing - Small Faces

Just cuz they're banging tooooons :-)
  • edited June 2013
    what would your entrance music be and why? 

Obamanation by MC Lowkey

Just because its in the US, although i,m sure the powers that be would  ban me from using it as its lyrics are a bit controversial

Have a good show guys

• edited June 2013
    You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol

I think it would intimidate my opponents. Nowt more scary than a xylophone.
  • edited June 2013
    Hello Sarah

Saw the stone roses last year at heaton park and it was an awesome night! 

My entrance music, Passion Rules The Game by The Scorpions, includes the lines

I always take the chance to win
    Drove a million miles
    Gambling rules my life
    I only stop to start again
    I reach out through the air
    Good luck is everywhere
    Can almost touch it with my hands

Have a good nite. 
  • edited June 2013
    Loving your work! If you're a fan of the Roses by the way guys the new 'Made in Stone' documentary is SUPERB!  I went to the premiere in Manchester to interview Shane Meadows who directed it and is a SUPER fan of the Roses, so it's a real fans film.  Well worth a watch...  
  • edited June 2013
    Fatboy slim - right here, right now
  • edited June 2013
    Having thrown away big chipleads at final tables recently, I think I need exit music rather than entrance music!
    So I'd have to choose "The Winker Song" by Ivor Biggun (Doc Cox)

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread*****:
    Fatboy slim - right here, right now
    Posted by The_Don90

Good choice!  I can picture that Donald.  In the mankini?

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread*****:
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread***** : Good choice!  I can picture that Donald.  In the mankini?
    Posted by Sarah_C

PS A second choice if you're going the mankini route Don:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJflQfNUE8

• edited June 2013
    evening both hope are both well

entrance music for Ryan

"Show Me Your Teeth" by Lady Gaga

sorry could not resist, only teasing they look a job well done

have a good show
  • edited June 2013

Would have to be 
     'it's to funky in here' by Mr James Brown
     or
     'firestarter' by The Prodigy
  • edited June 2013
    Loving your work! If you're a fan of the Roses by the way guys the new 'Made in Stone' documentary is SUPERB!  I went to the premiere in Manchester to interview Shane Meadows who directed it and is a SUPER fan of the Roses, so it's a real fans film.  Well worth a watch...  
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Still proudly wear my Spike island T-shirt 21 years and its still going strong,good times!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread***** : Good choice!  I can picture that Donald.  In the mankini?
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Did someone mention mankini?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrE_twxiMDw
  • edited June 2013
    No Distance Left To Run by Blur. 
  • edited June 2013
    Hi all. Hope the show goes well. 

This isn't so much walk on music but an complete entrance. I would come on to the full Undertaker entrance from WWE. Loads of dry ice, eerie music and Druids pushing coffins for my opponents. Should give me a bit of a psychological edge!  I think the undertaker is a secret poker player anyway. He has come to the ring a few times in a hoodie :-)

For new players I would suggest trying both cash and tournies to see which one they prefer. Personally I'm bad at cash so tend to stick to tournies but the main thing when you start is to find what suits you, play within your bankroll and have as much fun as possible!
  • edited June 2013
    My entrance would be Gangnam Style as it's my darts nickname because I apparently look like Psy. (Don't see it myself personally)
  • edited June 2013

Am looking forward to the show Sarah & Ryan,

My music entrance would be   Simply The Best - Tina Turner (says it all)
  • edited June 2013

Looking forward to another great show with Sarah & Ryan tonight and will be watching from 7pm - my entrance music would be
    "DJ Tiestos - Adagio for strings" - best dance tune of all time and me being a party animal (with my drinking over the SPT) it summed up my youth (although getting harder to remember now I am getting older lol)

Cheers all and great to meet you Ryan over the weekend alongside Rich and the rest of the community / sky team.

Bring on Nottingham (less drinking this time)

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    Bristol

• edited June 2013
    Looking forward to another great show with Sarah & Ryan tonight and will be watching from 7pm - my entrance music would be "DJ Tiestos - Adagio for strings" - best dance tune of all time and me being a party animal (with my drinking over the SPT) it summed up my youth (although getting harder to remember now I am getting older lol) Cheers all and great to meet you Ryan over the weekend alongside Rich and the rest of the community / sky team. Bring on Nottingham (less drinking this time) Chris Jones POKEY2011 Bristol
    Posted by POKEY2011

Gotta disagree with this being the best dance tune of all time mate, surely "out of the blue" by system f is the undisputed greatest dance tune in the history of the planet !  :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread***** : Gotta disagree with this being the best dance tune of all time mate, surely "out of the blue" by system f is the undisputed greatest dance tune in the history of the planet !  :)
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    You're both wrong. It's DISCO by Ottawan.

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread***** : You're both wrong. It's DISCO by Ottawan.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No it isn't. The best dance track bar NONE is agadoo by Black Lace. As a professional Sony award winning superstar DJ I'm sure Sarah will agree with me
  • edited June 2013
    Evening Sarah & Ryan!!! Looking forward to a great show tonight!!! My walk on music would have to be Puff Daddy - Come with me from the film Godzilla!!! Have a great show!! Stuart
  • edited June 2013
    My imagination doesn't run to reaching the November nine but if Julian Thew does I remember a record by Plainsong from many years ago that might suit him -it was called Yoyo Man.

Have a great show

• edited June 2013

Sarah, are we going to see you wearing a medallion this evening? A Sony Award shaped medallion?

Perhaps it will just be strategically placed in shot, on that little table in front of the sofa. :)

• edited June 2013
    hello all, 

Ace of Spades motorhead.

mabe not....
  • edited June 2013
    Greggo, you play darts, who for where, what level etc?? 
  • zzrzzr
    edited June 2013

Hi all 2 year anniversary tonight of both playing poker and on this site, not the best player but now enjoying it more these days, surely the walk on tune would have to be Viva Las Vegas by Elvis or I'm feeling good, by Nina Simone, have a good show. or maybe to drunk to ???? by the dead kennedys which I would be if I got that far lol

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Tuesday night live with Sarah and Ryan *****official show thread*****:
    Oh I DO love a Turbo Tuesday! Live coverage of the main event from 8pm GL to all involved! I've been tipped off I may need to bring sunglasses in presenting with Ryan, dunno what that's all about do you!? ;-)  I'll be after some tips from the king of multitabling after the forum DTD left me spinning the other week!  Terrific fun though which leads me on to the big question: Cash or Tournaments?  Which do you prefer and why?  I've been throwing some money around the cash tables just recently and had a great time doing so, that said I'm still a fan of tournament play, which do you think is the better discipline for a lower level player?   And for a bit of fun! I'm off to the Isle of Wight Festival at the weekend to see The Stone Roses headline with the Killers and Bon Jovi - quite the line up!, I know the first record Ryan ever bought was the Smurf's greatest hits so I can't wait to find out the answer to this one: a few years back the November nine were allowed to choose their own entrance music for their walk into the Penn and Teller Theatre so what would your entrance music be and why?   There'll be the odd spot prize thoughout the show so get involved!  email skyopen@bskyb.com or post below  See you from 7pm Sarah xx
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Would have to be lucky man by the verve. Self explanatory really but its good tune.

Others would just be for fun- wannabe by the spice girls and dressed like borat-try concentrating on your game with that sitting beside you lol