You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Boring?!!!!!

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
I hate saying this because i know he deserves a chance and he is just doing his job, but i find the live shows the new guy is presenting really boring and lacks the fluency and entertainment the other shows have.. 

I know the sky and forum regs will slat me for this but just wanna know everyone elses opinion to see if its just me or not!! Was lookingbforward to sitting down and watching the show tonight but got bored and turned over already zzzzzzz

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Boring?!!!!!:
    I hate saying this because i know he deserves a chance and he is just doing his job, but i find the live shows the new guy is presenting really boring and lacks the fluency and entertainment the other shows have..  I know the sky and forum regs will slat me for this but just wanna know everyone elses opinion to see if its just me or not!! Was lookingbforward to sitting down and watching the show tonight but got bored and turned over already zzzzzzz
    Posted by pocket9s
    dont watch then.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!!:
    In Response to Boring?!!!!! : dont watch then.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I agree, they do lack the entertainment rich and tikay or anna and ryan have but give him a chance
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Boring?!!!!! : dont watch then.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Im not watching dont worry!!

Not here to upset or argue with anyone just my opinion and just wandered if anyone had an opinion on this!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : Im not watching dont worry!! Not here to upset or argue with anyone just my opinion and just wandered if anyone had an opinion on this!!
    Posted by pocket9s
    well you may have just upset yannis as he will be reading threw the forum, if you had brains you would be dangerous.
  • edited June 2013
    I hate saying this because i know he deserves a chance and he is just doing his job, but i find the live shows the new guy is presenting really boring and lacks the fluency and entertainment the other shows have..  I know the sky and forum regs will slat me for this but just wanna know everyone elses opinion to see if its just me or not!! Was lookingbforward to sitting down and watching the show tonight but got bored and turned over already zzzzzzz
    Posted by pocket9s
    Your post is boring.

You being here is boring.

Your moaning is boring.

Yiannis will be doing a great job, putting his spin on the hot seat.

Close this gutteral thread!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Boring?!!!!! : Your post is boring. You being here is boring. Your moaning is boring. Yiannis will be doing a great job, putting his spin on the hot seat. Close this gutteral thread!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Close this thread? Why because im giving my opinion (which im entitled to do) i knew the sky regs would kick off like this.. You probably all agree with me but your sticking together in your little clique like a sheep.. Well done. Going off at me just because my opinion is different to yours. Rant over
  • edited June 2013
    I actually quite like the guy and met him at the spt, just commenting that i dont enjoy the shows as much, thats all

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : Close this thread? Why because im giving my opinion (which im entitled to do) i knew the sky regs would kick off like this.. You probably all agree with me but your sticking together in your little clique like a sheep.. Well done. Going off at me just because my opinion is different to yours. Rant over
    Posted by pocket9s
    what is the purpose of the thread though, what outcome would you like, your more than entitled to give your opinion but i think you should show a little bit of tact and not give it while the guys on air, it happend last time he was on the show. p.s - maybe pay attention to carl0 rather than looking to be entertained and you might be able to remove that orange thing jumping out of a bowl!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Too much 'acting on emotion' itt.

Imo, the response: "Don't want it then." is just childish. It's obvious the guy isn't just here to preach his hate, and is trying to offer (albeit in a not too articulate way) advice and criticisms. In turn, so that the presenter, and the quality of the broadcast, can improve. How else is he supposed to voice his dissapointment? Just not watch, and expect a decline in ratings to eventually give the new format the boot?

He's picking out the specific problems with the current show, and telling this new guy to mix it up and improve.

Why do people take these comments personally? Most of the comments have been critical of his ability, and not attacking him directly. He should welcome the criticism and brush off any 'haters' that come here just to spew abuse.

This thread isn't an example of someone trying to abuse the presenters, and discussions about how to improve the show should be encouraged, not dismissed.

Having said that, OP needs to work on his delivery. The thread title is shocking, and you need to make your suggestions clear and absent of any frustration or negative emotionaments.
  • edited June 2013
    I actually quite like the guy and met him at the spt, just commenting that i dont enjoy the shows as much, thats all
    Posted by pocket9s
    Did you tell him to his face?
    This is a guy you quite like!
    You come across as a really nice guy

• edited June 2013

So why did you not give your opinion to the blokes face when you met him at SPT Brum??

Prefering to start a thread while he is doing a live show is very low IMO.
  • edited June 2013
    Too much 'acting on emotion' itt. Imo, the response: "Don't want it then." is just childish. It's obvious the guy isn't just here to preach his hate, and is trying to offer (albeit in a not too articulate way) advice and criticisms. In turn, so that the presenter, and the quality of the broadcast, can improve. How else is he supposed to voice his dissapointment? Just not watch, and expect a decline in ratings to eventually give the new format the boot? He's picking out the specific problems with the current show, and telling this new guy to mix it up and improve. Why do people take these comments personally? Most of the comments have been critical of his ability, and not attacking him directly. He should welcome the criticism and brush off any 'haters' that come here just to spew abuse. This thread isn't an example of someone trying to abuse the presenters, and discussions about how to improve the show should be encouraged, not dismissed. Having said that, OP needs to work on his delivery. The thread title is shocking, and you need to make your suggestions clear and absent of any frustration of negative emotionaments.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Thank you... Exactly what i meant, but you put it so much better! No offence meant to anyone, just criticism
  • edited June 2013
    So why did you not give your opinion to the blokes face when you met him at SPT Brum?? Prefering to start a thread while he is doing a live show is very low IMO.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes i agree, i shouldnt have done that.. Acted before thinking (again)
  • edited June 2013
    Too much 'acting on emotion' itt. Imo, the response: "Don't want it then." is just childish. It's obvious the guy isn't just here to preach his hate, and is trying to offer (albeit in a not too articulate way) advice and criticisms. In turn, so that the presenter, and the quality of the broadcast, can improve. How else is he supposed to voice his dissapointment? Just not watch, and expect a decline in ratings to eventually give the new format the boot? He's picking out the specific problems with the current show, and telling this new guy to mix it up and improve. Why do people take these comments personally? Most of the comments have been critical of his ability, and not attacking him directly. He should welcome the criticism and brush off any 'haters' that come here just to spew abuse. This thread isn't an example of someone trying to abuse the presenters, and discussions about how to improve the show should be encouraged, not dismissed. Having said that, OP needs to work on his delivery. The thread title is shocking, and you need to make your suggestions clear and absent of any frustration of negative emotionaments.
    Posted by Smitalos
    i dont see how saying dont watch it is childish, if i dont like something i dont watch simple as that, the op has already said he likes yiannis so what does he want the guy to do on the show, strip off or sing a few songs.
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by Smitalos
    All fair points, but as TK said the last time it should be posted once the show is finished.

And as others have said, it's a bit weezly to post this up anonimously, would he say this 2 his face?

He had the chance and he did not! All round pretty cowardly
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : i dont see how saying dont watch it is childish, if i dont like something i dont watch simple as that, the op has already said he likes yiannis so what does he want the guy to do on the show, strip off or sing a few songs.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I dont expect anything, i was just saying how i dont find the live shows as "entertaining" thats all.

I know its about the poker, but the banter/humour inbetween the poker is very important IMO.

I appologise for the offensive title thred, no harm intended just mis judgment by me!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : I dont expect anything, i was just saying how i dont find the live shows as "entertaining" thats all. I know its about the poker, but the banter/humour inbetween the poker is very important IMO. I appologise for the offensive title thred, no harm intended just mis judgment by me!
    Posted by pocket9s
    Even more so now that i read that this has been brought up before.. I would have just commented on that thread instead sorry.. Thead closed as far as im corncerned
  • edited June 2013
    hello pockets, tk-ric or-anna have been doing the show for years, hard shoes to fit into, but its like poker you (hopefully ) keep geting better .... 
  • edited June 2013
    He's picking out the specific problems with the current show, and telling this new guy to mix it up and improve.
    Posted by Smitalos
    I don't think "lacks fluency" or "boring" is specific or constructive criticism.  For what it's worth, I thought he did a much better job tonight than when this all kicked off last time, it was clear at the end that he'd enjoyed the show. He seemed a lot more confident, and I'm sure he can grow further.  Unless of course the guy keeps getting bashed up on the forum.
  • edited June 2013
    I met Yannis at the SPT trully a nice guy

Bar that i disliked his presenting style in the early days, i actually thought tonight with carlo was pretty good. Really started to grow on me, that and i think hes sleeping with my misses. 
  • edited June 2013
    I met Yannis at the SPT trully a nice guy Bar that i disliked his presenting style in the early days, i actually thought tonight with carlo was pretty good. Really started to grow on me, that and i think hes sleeping with my misses. 
    Posted by The_Don90

this part really made me chuckle lol

• edited June 2013

I met Yiannis at Birmingham and found him to be a decent guy who is articulate and very keen to learn more about the game of poker.

One poster said you were picking out specific problems with the show,I would say that your OP was non specific as whilst you used the words "boring " and " lacks the fluency " nothing was added to further explain your point of view.

As always on here everyone is entitled to their opinion however I watched some of the show last night and mostly found it interesting and entertaining.That said Carlo laughing after the KK v my QQ v 66 debacle was not so amusing !!!!!

Give the guy a chance and dont be resistant to change.

• edited June 2013
    I still haven't had the chance to catch the show when Yiannis has presented so I can only comment on my impression of the guy having met his at SPT Birmingham.  He's a very articulate, friendly and engaging guy and very obviously has a real interest in the game of poker, I'm sure given time he'll do a great job on the show.
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by pocket9s
    I quite like the chap!...We have to give him a chance to settle!

When "Nick Hewer" took over "Countdown", I thought he's not right for the job, but has settled into it and now I think he fits the role!

Do remember though, that people have feelings, i think he may feel a little hurt but your comment! Im sure the bloke is trying to be a good presenter!

However, he will know," One can't please everyone all the time, but can please most some of the time!

I do respect the fact that you have a right to voice what you think!

FranK!
  • edited June 2013
     He's a very articulate, friendly and engaging guy and very obviously has a real interest in the game of poker, I'm sure given time he'll do a great job on the show.
    Posted by Slykllist

no one denying those attributes. Unfortunately missed him at B'ham & the show last night - but there has been some criticism of his presenting style in the previous thread - and it is good for him to have that feedback - as that is what will help him get there quicker.

to post during the show however is completely out of order

• edited June 2013
    I think Yiannis did a great job last night with Carlos.

I think he was much more relaxed last night and the more i watched it the more it grew on me.

I even had a few chuckles with with some of the hands they were analysing, so it was very much improved for me. I did stay and watch the whole show too so for anyone who didn't....I think you missed out.

All I can say is..........

Best of Luck Yiannis.
  • edited June 2013

Last nights show was a vast improvement. I think it helped him working with Carlo as I gather they already knew each other? Carlo also did a great job with his analysis and didn't hold back in his criticism of some very poor calls made out of position. Refreshing to see. 

• edited June 2013
    I met Yiannis at Birmingham and found him to be a decent guy who is articulate and very keen to learn more about the game of poker. One poster said you were picking out specific problems with the show,I would say that your OP was non specific as whilst you used the words "boring " and " lacks the fluency " nothing was added to further explain your point of view. As always on here everyone is entitled to their opinion however I watched some of the show last night and mostly found it interesting and entertaining.That said Carlo laughing after the KK v my QQ v 66 debacle was not so amusing !!!!! Give the guy a chance and dont be resistant to change.
    Posted by Benalman
    Totally agree  and mentioned to my friends Carlo laughing at my exit hand was pretty annoying.I didnt sleep last night very well after that but hey that's poker.
  • edited June 2013
    Guys if someone laughs over a hand, probably not at your mis-fortune, and it upsets you, that begs the question of why your playing on a tv table on a tv night. Nobody to blame but yourselves. They have already censored the show enough on that context. I'd love for  any of the presenters to call me a complete looney when i make a mistake, thats how i learn, but because a few people moan about things they won't ever do that, and sugar coat it. 

• edited June 2013
    FWIW I find a lot of the show's not very entertaining and a bit stale in parts.
    But I dont' feel the need to come on here and dig out the new guy or have a go at the old gaurd.

Posting this acheives nothing, why would anyone listen to a negative post like this.

Imagine the next meeting at Sky "O yes longdong52 said Tikay was boring so we must tell him to stop taking rubbish or he will lose his job"

Seriously......