You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Boring?!!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I thought he did an excellent job and is getting better with every show. Keep up the good work Yiannis.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!!:
    Last nights show was a vast improvement. I think it helped him working with Carlo as I gather they already knew each other? Carlo also did a great job with his analysis and didn't hold back in his criticism of some very poor calls made out of position. Refreshing to see. 
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    i think all the analyists have different good qualities but with carlo you allways get the brutal truth, he dosent mask any bad play what so ever, if its bad he says its bad and thats the best way to learn in my opinion. he has top banter too!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Think you have to give presenters a while to settle in. We all have our favourites and least favourites and that will always be

Hope he does ok as i also shared a table with him at SPT Brum side event and found him to be very friendly and engaging as Slyklist best put it . Always had a smile on his face, seemed really keen and good fun to play with.

GL with the presenting
  • edited June 2013
    when Carlo first came on I said wtf
    but he grew on me very quickly
    even when he laughed at me calling IDCU's AA 6bet with my JJ
    if you don't like the advice just ignore it
    I did, as the Don well knows with my AJ

• edited June 2013
    i think hes ok if ya playing poker at the time coz ya multitasking so dnt take much notice of the tv in the background 

but i wasnt playing last nite and watched abit and i turned over after 10 mins i nearly fell asleep 
  • edited June 2013
    In reply to      The Don    

Look at your comments again mate esp  " you have nobody to blame but yourselves " I appreciate we all need a little comedy in our lives but they get paid as poker commentators as such therefore they come under the category of professional and should act accordingly.

When i want comedy i will spend 55 quid on a Peter kay ticket
  • edited June 2013
    In reply to      The Don     Look at your comments again mate esp  " you have nobody to blame but yourselves " I appreciate we all need a little comedy in our lives but they get paid as poker commentators as such therefore they come under the category of professional and should act accordingly. When i want comedy i will spend 55 quid on a Peter kay ticket
    Posted by Benalman
    I think you have mis-understood the point of my post
  • edited June 2013
    Guys if someone laughs over a hand, probably not at your mis-fortune, and it upsets you, that begs the question of why your playing on a tv table on a tv night. Nobody to blame but yourselves. They have already censored the show enough on that context. I'd love for  any of the presenters to call me a complete looney when i make a mistake, thats how i learn, but because a few people moan about things they won't ever do that, and sugar coat it. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Redic statement
  • edited June 2013
    Another one of these threads?

I think there are bigger issues with the show at the moment than the new presenters. Besides, what's the goal when posting this sort of thing? How does it help anyone? There's certainly one person it could hurt.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : Redic statement
    Posted by seppe
    why is it such a redic statement. if your going to play on the tv tables, you cant then complain when the man on the tv has an opinion.

he/sh may laugh, it may be at the run out of the board being sick, it maybe at how badly someone played it. At the end of the day he/she is entitled to that opinion and if you dont like it, dont play on a table with a tv icon. 

Simple as that.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : why is it such a redic statement. if your going to play on the tv tables, you cant then complain when the man on the tv has an opinion. he/sh may laugh, it may be at the run out of the board being sick, it maybe at how badly someone played it. At the end of the day he/she is entitled to that opinion and if you dont like it, dont play on a table with a tv icon.  Simple as that.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don, I was the one whos kk got busted by 66  after hitting the k on the flop and the 66 hitting a str8 . Yes I was annoyed with the laughter from Carlo at my exit hand.(BY the way I like Carlo) Reason being I don't play the Primo that often and as stated I had satted in for under £8 and at the point of exit was only 6 or 8 places from the cash. I can take the laughter but what would a Newbie of made of it ?  Its now Tuesday ,lets all move on and good luck at the tables all.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : Hi Don, I was the one whos kk got busted by 66  after hitting the k on the flop and the 66 hitting a str8 . Yes I was annoyed with the laughter from Carlo at my exit hand.(BY the way I like Carlo) Reason being I don't play the Primo that often and as stated I had satted in for under £8 and at the point of exit was only 6 or 8 places from the cash. I can take the laughter but what would a Newbie of made of it ?  Its now Tuesday ,lets all move on and good luck at the tables all.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    I can see why you'd be annoyed but i really don't think hes gone Lol he busted, hes laughed purely because thay was an insanely sick hand. (it was the KK v QQ v 66 right?) 

As you say its now Tuesday lets move on 
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : I can see why you'd be annoyed but i really don't think hes gone Lol he busted, hes laughed purely because thay was an insanely sick hand. (it was the KK v QQ v 66 right?)  As you say its now Tuesday lets move on 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yer that was the 1 Don .  Run good.
  • edited June 2013
    Aw come on people.  I'm with Smit on this.  Do you seriously think the BBC doesn't receive a gazillion emails a day complaining about Dot Cotton's haircut/Alex Jones' wildly irritating accent/other such profound critique?  And why do people do it?  Because as licence fee payers, they (rightly) feel they have a stake in it.  The BBC (if it has any sense, which tbh is debatable) should then look for trends in feedback, as customer feedback is important to all businesses.

Ok Sky is not the BBC, but they should welcome constructive feedback from the paying clientele, and be flattered that people identify so strongly with the brand that they take the time to provide said feedback when something is considered amiss.

Note the use of the word CONSTRUCTIVE.

@ the poster who said "don't watch it then" - you're that boy who took their ball home when you were losing, aren't you?
  • edited June 2013
    If you get upset when someone laughs at your play - then don't play poker or take part in any competive game.

seriously......sensative much ?

thread just lols down the hill and keeps on going.....................

• edited June 2013
    Aw come on people.  I'm with Smit on this.  Do you seriously think the BBC doesn't receive a gazillion emails a day complaining about Dot Cotton's haircut/Alex Jones' wildly irritating accent/other such profound critique?  And why do people do it?  Because as licence fee payers, they (rightly) feel they have a stake in it.  The BBC (if it has any sense, which tbh is debatable) should then look for trends in feedback, as customer feedback is important to all businesses. Ok Sky is not the BBC, but they should welcome constructive feedback from the paying clientele, and be flattered that people identify so strongly with the brand that they take the time to provide said feedback when something is considered amiss. Note the use of the word CONSTRUCTIVE. @ the poster who said "don't watch it then" - you're that boy who took their ball home when you were losing, aren't you?
    Posted by RogueCell
    Good Point!

And ya goodlooking enough to be a presenter! lol
  • edited June 2013
    I don't think Carlo was laughing because the guy just got eliminated from the tournament. It was just a sick perfect runner runner that was kinda beyond belief. Type of situation where laughing masks just how ridiculous it was.
  • edited June 2013
    Funny how two threads have been now been created out of this. 

Clare you are taking the point to an extreme, BBC programs are watched by millions and if someone makes a random comments on a forum it doesn't matter. It gets diluted into the cesspit of differing opinions. 

Here on sky, as soon as you say something about a presenter that is non constructive as the op has, its just a tad out of line in my opinion. Yes we have our favourites, I loved LML couldnt understand why she left, but thats life things have to move on. 

I understand Yiannis to his credit, was highly visible and mingled with the community at SPT Brum, fair play to him. Give the geezer a chance for goodness sakes.     
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Boring?!!!!! : why is it such a redic statement. if your going to play on the tv tables, you cant then complain when the man on the tv has an opinion. he/sh may laugh, it may be at the run out of the board being sick, it maybe at how badly someone played it. At the end of the day he/she is entitled to that opinion and if you dont like it, dont play on a table with a tv icon.  Simple as that.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Donald donald donald your missing the point, having an opinion is perfectly fine but laughing isnt giving an opinion really is it?

I remember luke schwartz on the show, he was great in my opinion but got slated for being honest & hes never been back. Whats the difference?

• edited June 2013
    The_Don is right. If you're upset because someone laughs at something in poker, then you're putting your ego into your play. That's bad for both your game and your mental health.

It's a game of cards. If someone thinks you did something wrong, why does that need to bother you? They're not laughing at you, just something that happened at a poker table.

On this occasion, from the sounds of it Carlo wasn't even laughing at bad play, just an unfortunate run-out.