You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheap Buyin tournaments.

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap Buyin tournaments.:
    Do you think that 98% are losing players Don? I have absolutely no idea myself, just curious. Seems a very high figure
    Posted by Jac35

It doesn't really matter if 98% or 90% or 50% are losing, it matters how much you're losing. I enjoy  poker and I'm happy to lose/play/win £20 maybe more a month. My Bro-inlaw is a movie buff and regulary buys new release bluerays for £20 a time. Its my entertainent,

I also realise many play and ca afford to lose £200 month and they are well catered for on here, but I will struggle with my skill level to get £20 to last me. Maybe I improve and increase my BR but its too difficult to start out on Sky. So maybe many stick with the site they start out on, and Sky really is an expensive way to learn poker online.

You have 10% skinning everyone else as the stakes are quite high.
  • edited June 2013
    A couple more 1.10 tourneys everynight 5 or 7min blinds since the 6.50 speed has gone. Even without a GTD bit like the PLO ones. What have sky to lose with no GTD. The 1.10 deepstack just takes too long i can only play this once a week.
    Posted by stuarty117
    As a low stakes player I agree  - additional tourneys around the £1 to £2 buyin level would be great. I would play these instead of DYM's as opportunity to win more and also likely to attract more users to the site with more low stakes stuff on offer.
  • edited June 2013
    The reason Skypoker does not and never will get the big numbers is because everyone thinks the site is a scam to make money. Add some small touneys, let them sit and fill slowly and watch the numbers increase. Sky is a good brand but currently Skypoker is not good for the brand, Add some small stacks tourneys, and sit an goes. It does appear Sky want to keep their current user base at all costs, and checking Sharkscope tells you why. Its full of users happy to lose £2000 a year. Try to get the small stakes players in. The site numbers will double/tripple when word gets out Sky has 5p 10p 20p games. A lot of online players don't like Skys "close" community and the same names winning time after time. Go on 888 theres thousand and thousands of players fromt the UK, Mention Sky to them and see what they have to say. Sky is meant to be good for its communtiy advice? I'v seen users who have lost thousands giving advice to players struggling. The advice is BET BIGGER ON THAT TURN...Yea and lose bigger. Lets get some nice small easy to play 20p 50 seat sit and goes.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    I hate to be so painfully blunt, but this is just absolute drivel.

Everything itt from OP just seems to be conjecture. His own interpretation of Sky and its' player base, is just him making wild assumptions to make his PoV seem more favourable.

You state that people come here for the community, but go on to say that it sucks and is seen as a joke by other sites, because the forum has a few recreational players giving (iyo) bad advice. The two are unrelated, as one can have a stellar community made up of entirely recreational players.

You then (for some bizarre reason) decide to attack losing players, and have an extremely pretentious tone, undermining everyone because you've used SharkScope and get to see who's +/-
    SharkScope is nothing new, everyone knows about it, and everyone who wants to use it will have already done so. You are point-blank childish, calling forum members out that are in a downswing, or have lost money recently. If you're a solid player, you should know to never berate recreational players, as they're obviously here for fun. If you also play poker as a hobby, then you're just coming across as patronising and inconsiderate, trying to one-up everyone. This isn't a playground, and no-one cares.
    If you really want to brag about how good you are, OR how bad everyone else is, how about we go play some 1kNL HU for your entire net worth and see whose sharkscope looks better after that?

Grow up. You attitude stinks, and your 'suggestions' are just self-invested opinions with no evidence to back up any of your claims.

For the record, the site contains an absurd amount of small stakes games (and freerolls too). The site (OBVIOUSLY) wants to make money like every poker site/business out there, and every single rigtard that complains about the RNG or some bs is 90%+ of the time, a Live player that sucks and prolly has an IQ less than 100.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap Buyin tournaments. : I hate to be so painfully blunt, but this is just absolute drivel. Everything itt from OP just seems to be conjecture. His own interpretation of Sky and its' player base, is just him making wild assumptions to make his PoV seem more favourable. You state that people come here for the community, but go on to say that it sucks and is seen as a joke by other sites, because the forum has a few recreational players giving (iyo) bad advice. The two are unrelated, as one can have a stellar community made up of entirely recreational players. You then (for some bizarre reason) decide to attack losing players, and have an extremely pretentious tone, undermining everyone because you've used SharkScope and get to see who's +/- SharkScope is nothing new, everyone knows about it, and everyone who wants to use it will have already done so. You are point-blank childish, calling forum members out that are in a downswing, or have lost money recently. If you're a solid player, you should know to never berate recreational players, as they're obviously here for fun. If you also play poker as a hobby, then you're just coming across as patronising and inconsiderate, trying to one-up everyone. This isn't a playground, and no-one cares. If you really want to brag about how good you are, OR how bad everyone else is, how about we go play some 1kNL HU for your entire net worth and see who's sharkscope looks better after that? Grow up. You attitude stinks, and your 'suggestions' are just self-invested opinions with no evidence to back up any of your claims. For the record, the site contains an absurd amount of small stakes games (and freerolls too). The site (OBVIOUSLY) wants to make money like every poker site/business out there, and every single rigtard that complains about the RNG or some bs is 90%+ of the time, a Live player that sucks and prolly has an IQ less than 100.
    Posted by Smitalos
    RE-EDIT,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, you obviously feel very strongly, and I don't care, Now about those 20p tounaments.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap Buyin tournaments. : RE-EDIT, Thanks for taking the time to reply, you obviously feel very strongly, and I don't care, Now about those 20p tounaments.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Yes, it was a good idea to edit out the personal insults.

I feel strongly about putting an end to your condescending attitude over other members because you know how to use Sharkscope. Your argument is supposed to be about micro stakes games, but instead you've ranted on more than one occasion about completely unrelated topics.
    I can't even begin to describe how out of line your posts in this entire thread are, belittling losing/recreational players for what seems to be no reason whatsoever.

Construct your arguments on solid OBJECTIVE facts, and stop making it personal. Maybe then you'll get taken more seriously.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap Buyin tournaments. : Yes, it was a good idea to edit out the personal insults. I feel strongly about putting an end to your condescending attitude over other members because you know how to use Sharkscope. Your argument is supposed to be about micro stakes games, but instead you've ranted on more than one occasion about completely unrelated topics. I can't even begin to describe how out of line your posts in this entire thread are, belittling losing/recreational players for what seems to be no reason whatsoever. Construct your arguments on solid OBJECTIVE facts, and stop making it personal. Maybe then you'll get taken more seriously.
    Posted by Smitalos
    I think you need to get out more, either that or go find someone who gives a toss about what you've got to say, An that is not me. You've got too much spare time, getting wound up and serious. Its Sat night, shouldn't you be out? It seems when I  mentioned your £1500 loss on pokerstars(sharkscope) its struck a nerve. Well let it flow over you, relax, deep breath, anddddddddddddddddddddddd carrry on.

I also didn't know then that mentioning sharkscope stats was frowned upon at that point, feel free to check me out I'm £19 in the poo over 108 games at a loss of 19p a game average lol.

But the original sharkscope mention was...Some guy had been losing and was advised by someone else to BET BIGGER, the guy advising this was 2grand in poo. I just didn't think it was useful advice.

The advice maybe should of been, drop down in stakes, play small, play tight.
  • edited June 2013
    Another idea, small stack super turbos DYM, Unless they're here? Starting with 500 chips? blinds raise every couple of minutes?