You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE SKY POKER TV TONIGHT *** with Rich and James ***

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
Afternoon!

Welcome to your show thread for tonight's live 5 hour broadcast. We start at 7 on Ch. 861 and keep going till it's Monday. 

Your hosts?

Me- Richard Orford...

and him- James Hartigan...

At 7 we'll have an hour of live Mastercash and maybe a phone call from Tikay over in Vegas. (Please don't let that put you off, it still should be a good show).

Then from 8 till 12 it's dedicated coverage of The Primo. And rumour has it that for part of it, James and I will swap roles and I'll be the expert. Watch this space for more on this horrific story as it breaks...

Now, here on the show, we thrive on your input. It's not half as fun without your messages- so please keep all your regular stuff coming in, whether it be a question, a main event, mini event or Mastercash hand request or a funny or interesting poker or non-poker message.

Our side topic tonight-

Tikay's odds for the WSOP have been quoted by Sky Bet here.

Suggest some more poker odds/prices!

They might be your serious suggestions or simply humorous.

They can be WSOP related, Sky Poker related, poker related or non-poker related, maybe just topical or funny. Whatever floats your boat.

E.g. 

Julian Thew hitting a one-outer to stay in the main event 5-1

Tikay to be voted worst dressed man in Vegas 3-1

Ryan to win a bracelet 400-1

Any Sky Poker player to have a shotgun Church of ELvis wedding whilst in Vegas 25-1

You get the idea...

Stick everything either on here, via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or tweet it to #skypokertv

And see you tonight at 7!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to LIVE SKY POKER TV TONIGHT *** with Rich and James ***:
    Afternoon! Welcome to your show thread for tonight's live 5 hour broadcast. We  s tart at 7 on Ch. 861 and keep going till it's Monday.  Your hosts? Me- Richard Orford... and him- James Hartigan... At 7 we'll have an hour of live Mastercash and maybe a phone call from Tikay over in Vegas. (Please don't let that put you off, it still should be a good show). Then from 8 till 12 it's dedicated coverage of The Primo . And rumour has it that for part of it, James and I will swap roles and I'll be the expert. Watch this space for more on this horrific story as it breaks... Now, here on the show, we thrive on your input. It's not half as fun without your messages- so please keep all your regular stuff coming in, whether it be a question, a main event , mini event or M a stercash hand request or a funny or interesting poker or non-poker message. Our side topic tonight- Tikay's odds for the WSOP have been quoted by Sky Bet  here . Suggest some more poker odds/prices! They might be your serious suggestions or simply humorous. They can be WSOP related, Sky Poker related, poker related or non-poker related, maybe just topical or funny. Whatever floats your boat. E.g.  Julian Thew hitting a one-outer to stay in the main event 5-1 Tikay to be voted worst dressed man in Vegas 3-1 Ryan to win a bracelet 400-1 Any Sky Poker player to have a shotgun Church of ELvis wedding whilst in Vegas 25-1 You get the idea... Stick everything either on  here , via email   skyopen@bskyb.com , or tweet it  to   #skypokertv And see you tonight at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Those odds on Thewy are way too long!  Tenner on that please!
  • edited June 2013
    Tikay to mention at any point to people on his table the difference between cement and concrete - 3/10
  • edited June 2013

Odds on 861 to start projecting adds on Richards forehead 10:1
  • edited June 2013
    Make sure you give Ryan a mention - for those who don't know he is 4th after Day 1 of WSOP Event 40 with 287 remaining.

Cards go in the air at 1pm Las Vegas time tonight, which I believe is 9pm BST.

The Brits haven't had a great series so far this summer,  hopefully Scott77 can change this around!

Oh and as for odds

"Orford straight" to be inlcuded in the official rank of poker hands anytime soon  - 5000-1
  • edited June 2013

I am playing Downtown @ Binions @ Noon today, but if Ryan goes very deep in this, & is still in, I'll come bck to the Rio later & do a Live Update for the folks at home.  
  • edited June 2013
    Live update for ryry FTW
    won't be watching tonight
    not enough concrete for me
    but anything that can inspire the poker gods to look favourable on ryry......

• edited June 2013
    Have a great show guys.

I'm glad you included recent pictures of yourself & hartigan, although hartigans hasn't changed much over the years and you still have the same expression after winning with 72 off Rich. :)

Poker Odds - I will be playing the Primo & the mini primo Tonight.............

What odds will you give me to cash in both?
  • edited June 2013
    ryan towin any bracelet 400/1 looks very tempting 

have a great show guys 
  • edited June 2013
    Good stuff guys- keep it coming please. We're live in 90 minutes!
  • edited June 2013
    Good evening both Richard & James

I will be watching all night from 7pm until midnight - and am going to donate in the cash, main, mini and CJ tournament. lol

Should be a cracker and looking forward to the show - just not sure who the "expert" is.. lol

Poker Odds:

POKEY2011 aka Chris Jones to not have an alcoholic drink during an SPT weekend : 1,000,000,000 / 1

TIKAY to not mention while at the tables anything to do with cement, tarmac, trains, bridges, aircraft etc.... 1,000,000,000 / 1

On a serious note - good luck to all in Vegas and hope that a few cashes and a bracelet are brought back - would have loved to be their myself had I used a condom 4 years ago lol - will definitely go in the next 50 years.

Lol

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    Bristol
  • edited June 2013
    how about 50/1 that a man wins the 'ladies' wsop event even with the clever buy in increase this year 
  • edited June 2013

Have a good show guys

odds on Ryan & Tikay both winning bracelets 1000/1
        odds on Tikay getting drunk & missing Main Event 1000/1
        odds on any sky poker player winning a bracelet 400/1
        odds on a sky poker player to make main event final table 400/1
        odds on me winning a sky poker main event 10,000/1
  • edited June 2013
    Poker odds. 1000-1 against Phil Helmuth showing up on time.

Have a great show
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to LIVE SKY POKER TV TONIGHT *** with Rich and James ***:
    Afternoon! Welcome to your show thread for tonight's live 5 hour broadcast. We  s tart at 7 on Ch. 861 and keep going till it's Monday.  Your hosts? Me- Richard Orford... and him- James Hartigan... At 7 we'll have an hour of live Mastercash and maybe a phone call from Tikay over in Vegas. (Please don't let that put you off, it still should be a good show). Then from 8 till 12 it's dedicated coverage of The Primo . And rumour has it that for part of it, James and I will swap roles and I'll be the expert. Watch this space for more on this horrific story as it breaks... Now, here on the show, we thrive on your input. It's not half as fun without your messages- so please keep all your regular stuff coming in, whether it be a question, a main event , mini event or M a stercash hand request or a funny or interesting poker or non-poker message. Our side topic tonight- Tikay's odds for the WSOP have been quoted by Sky Bet  here . Suggest some more poker odds/prices! They might be your serious suggestions or simply humorous. They can be WSOP related, Sky Poker related, poker related or non-poker related, maybe just topical or funny. Whatever floats your boat. E.g.  Julian Thew hitting a one-outer to stay in the main event 5-1 Tikay to be voted worst dressed man in Vegas 3-1 Ryan to win a bracelet 400-1 Any Sky Poker player to have a shotgun Church of ELvis wedding whilst in Vegas 25-1 You get the idea... Stick everything either on  here , via email   skyopen@bskyb.com , or tweet it  to   #skypokertv And see you tonight at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

An ode to Sky Poker!

I’m in my favourite poker room, sitting at the table
    Keeping myself cool, as much as I am able.
    Knowing when to call and knowing when to fold.
    Knowing when to raise because I’m feeling bold.

Picking up my hole cards and waiting for the flop,
    Full House, aces high – now’s not the time to stop!
    Wow!  I’ve got another ace, no bluffing needed here,
    No need to fold, nothing at all to fear. 

Perfection is four aces and I’m going to win this pot.
    I think I like playing poker, I like it quite a lot.
    I like piling up my poker chips and making my oppos shake.
    The best is winning when I’ve nothing and knowing I have to fake.

As i have composed all of this i think you should give me a free entry to the Primo;)

C5SW03

xxx

• edited June 2013
    Odds of TommyD not being on a TV table 100/1
    Odds of Defectors never being mentioned ever again 1000/1
    Odds of someone mentioning hanged monkies tonight Evens
    Odds of someone nursing a huge hangover when SPT Newcastle starts  1/1000

I've managed to get into the Primo tonight for £2.60 so I'm treating it as a freeroll :)  Might as well enter the mini too so I can take down the jackpot, well it would be rude not too as it's on offer :)

Run well all and have fun
  • edited June 2013

orford and hartigan = organ

• edited June 2013

Scotland to win Football World Cup 1,000,000/1
        Wales to win Rugby Union World Cup 1.000.000/1
        Ireland to win Cricket World Cup 1.000.000/1
        England to win all of above 2/1

• edited June 2013
    TK odd that he will tell anyone off that decides to limp in  preflop 1/10
  • edited June 2013
    Tikay to get a penalty in the WSOP ME?    About Even Money?
  • edited June 2013

Good Evening James and New Analyst.

I'm loving the new analyst's style - it's fresh, flat and thin - much like his hair.

Could I ask his thoughts on Polarizing peoples ranges through over betting, or implied odds.

Talking of Odds - TRIP5 and SAMANTHA25 - Very

Giant811 and Greghogg - Fairly.

Richard to buy PenFifteen a beer at an SPT event - Name your price.

Can I get a tip from the new presenters as to good films to watch?  

Enjoying the show as always boys - well done.

Pen Fifteen
  • edited June 2013

Question for your 'expert'....

What are West Broms chances of staying in the League next season?

Same question for James :)

• edited June 2013

9:52 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 237 391 115 49
    left 88 111 21  

acepower83 1 4    
    badbyrne1 8 15    
    PokerKinga 9 101    
    Rosco15 10 86    
    rakiq 15 24    
    jp129 29 28    
    gillian23 34 25    
    darsum333 36 27    
    DOUBLESNO7 38 29    
    Blaiseee 40 107    
    72off5uit 42 45    
    TheDent 44 44    
    Jeffter 45 60    
    pj_guzdz 47 57    
    storm773 53 38    
    Wacko90 60 80    
    SoLack 72 92    
    NAILS01197 74 104    
    POKEY2011 76 89    
    clive_sop 81 17    
    Curt360x27 88 2    

• edited June 2013
    Hi guys,

Can you show this hand from about 5 mins ago on Mastercash 3 plz

Is this a great fold, or am I just from nitsville?

I didn't c-bet the flop because it just smashes a lot of people's calling ranges pre and I'm just gonna get check/raised loads and hate life. Then the turn card just makes me hate life even more...

Hand History #665652812 (21:59 23/06/2013)

• edited June 2013

10:40 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 237 391 115 49  
    left 51 52 5    

storm773 9 39      
    rakiq 11 2      
    DOUBLESNO7 26 15      
    acepower83 29 12      
    72off5uit 47 44      

• edited June 2013
    Hand History #665672768 Mastercash 14River is a really bad card for me and great for him to bluff. My hand is pretty strong though...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE SKY POKER TV TONIGHT *** with Rich and James ***:
    Hi guys, Can you show this hand from about 5 mins ago on Mastercash 3 plz Is this a great fold, or am I just from nitsville? I didn't c-bet the flop because it just smashes a lot of people's calling ranges pre and I'm just gonna get check/raised loads and hate life. Then the turn card just makes me hate life even more... Hand History #665652812 (21:59 23/06/2013)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi guys,

Thanks for showing my table for a few hands, especially managing to squeeze in that KK v QQ cooler lol but could you show the hand I posted :)

Felt like a really horrible spot, folding feels horrible, but doing anything else feels equally horrible.
  • edited June 2013
    Update from Vegas according to Ryan's last tweet

"Just under 100K going into 1/2k. Think 130 left. Wouldn't mind a table break. Locked 3k$ min cash"

On a 20-minute break right now
  • edited June 2013
    can i have 150/1 on james winning the next x factor plz lol
  • edited June 2013
    trust me people are still watching.... this is epic car crash tv

LOVE IT!
  • edited June 2013
    Ryan Update - 134 left, now locked up $3500