You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wimbledon tennis

edited July 2013 in Betting Chat
Federer  10/1   to win outright surely  overpriced 

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Wimbledon tennis:
    Federer  10/1   to win outright surely  overpriced 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    He's not doing well but he still class.

If you want to cover your bet. On my favourite Irish betting site he's 10-1 price with your money back as a free bet is Andy Murray win.

personally I think it will be a Novak v Murray final
  • edited June 2013
    i backed federer at 10/1 and nadal at 9/2    

if murray wins money bk as free bet 
  • edited June 2013
    Fed wont win.  Boring but most likely Joker with Murray and Nadal slim chances.
  • edited June 2013
    Not too sure how many of you saw the Wimbledon preview on Sky Poker this Thursday just gone, but some really interesting comments by Sky Bet's Tim Clements and Sporting Life's Andy Schooler. One stat I didn't know - 32 of the last 33 Slams have been won by one of 'The Big Four', which makes Tsonga at 18/1 look very short considering he's the next big threat, imo.

If you missed them, here are the summaries of the Big Four's chances, as well as the overall Wimbledon preview:

Best price I thought in the whole segment was Murray to lose in the Final - 3/1 - especially with the way the draw has worked out: Djokovic should make it to the Final, and for me he'll have Murray's number. That said, I'd like to see Andy win it...

• edited June 2013
    31 of the last 33 have been won by one of the big three - only Del Potro & Murray with one each.

Of course, one of the big three is out already
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis:
    31 of the last 33 have been won by one of the big three - only Del Potro & Murray with one each. Of course, one of the big three is out already
    Posted by FCHD
    Sure is-Nadal must be raving mad playing with that knee still causing grief-he'll pay for it later on in a few years.
    Trust me -I know a little bit about dodgy knees-had 2 of gthem for many years.
    Knee injuries CAN'T br rushed-don't I know it now LOL.
  • edited June 2013
    Any chance of a price on the loudest female grunt at Wimbledon ? Sharapova/Azarenka.
    Hee Heeonly joking.
  • edited June 2013
    Querrey
    Seppi
    Blake

£50 returns £215.47
  • edited June 2013
    CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL WENT ON YESTERDAY ?????
    ALL THE TURN-UPS AND WITHDRAWALS.

IDONKCALLU-HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TOO MUCH ON FEDERER MATE.

MURRAY WILL NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE.
  • edited June 2013
    No one has even mentioned djokovic, the most solid player on the circuit right now. At evens not much value though. Wish I had backed him a few days back. 

As for Murray, yeah he can win it but i suspect he will have to beat djokovic which aint gonna be easy.  

• edited June 2013
    murry  3-1 tommorrow bound to drop a set  dont watch the women cant find my ear plugs

• edited June 2013
    No one has even mentioned djokovic, the most solid player on the circuit right now. At evens not much value though. Wish I had backed him a few days back.  As for Murray, yeah he can win it but i suspect he will have to beat djokovic which aint gonna be easy.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Paddy refunding losing bets if Murray wins until the end of today I think, up to £100.

Freeroll on Djok..............
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis : Paddy refunding losing bets if Murray wins until the end of today I think, up to £100. Freeroll on Djok..............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Money back as a free bet tho.
  • edited June 2013
    ^^^ I think...can't find the exact terms on their site, but sure the tv advert says as a free bet.
  • edited June 2013
    I had a look on the site this morning, it says "money back", doesn't say anything about free bets....

It's available until close of play today I think, so I'm waiting until Djok gets through his 2nd round game. Will look further in to it after that and post up the result.

It reads on the website, as cash back, but I suppose it would......
  • edited June 2013
    Not watched to much but think this is the guy with the big serve that Mcenroe was raving about yesterday

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfitWimbledon Mens 2013Jerzy Janowicz
    Mens Tournament Winner22 £3.00 £63.00
    Ref: 27960751413M Matched: 16:31 29-Jun-13
  • edited July 2013
    Not watched to much but think this is the guy with the big serve that Mcenroe was raving about yesterday Back (Bet For) OddsStakeProfit Wimbledon Mens 2013 Jerzy Janowicz Mens Tournament Winner 22 £3.00 £63.00 Ref: 27960751413M Matched: 16:31 29-Jun-13
    Posted by MP33
    Bump - You can still get this guy at the same price even tho hes won 1 or 2 since and has even drifted a pt on the exchanges
  • edited July 2013
    Thoughts on Bartoli vs Flipkens?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis : Bump - You can still get this guy at the same price even tho hes won 1 or 2 since and has even drifted a pt on the exchanges
    Posted by MP33
    Cant see any further than djokovic tbh. Murray did well yesterday in a game he would have lost a few years back. Murray vs Djokovic final not the hardest thing to predict.   
  • edited July 2013
    No one has even mentioned djokovic, the most solid player on the circuit right now. At evens not much value though. Wish I had backed him a few days back.  As for Murray, yeah he can win it but i suspect he will have to beat djokovic which aint gonna be easy.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Hey Gooner, check my post near the top ;-)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis : Cant see any further than djokovic tbh. Murray did well yesterday in a game he would have lost a few years back. Murray vs Djokovic final not the hardest thing to predict.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER

He,s already beaten Murray and has come on loads in last year. if its a bit windy and he may have problems with his serve but if its not he,s got value imo

• edited July 2013

had £80 on Djorkovic from the start just to reach the final, so hopefully will win £75 today...

fingers & toes crossed. 

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited July 2013
    Just aswell you did Dev!  What a match!
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Superb tennis from both men, gotta feel for JMDP....great effort!

Had £50 on djoko at 15/8 (pre-draw) with money back if murray wins....looking good :)
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum
    yeah  not wrong there mate
    Djokovic played way below his normal game,but i'll take the win anyway it comes  :)

only thing is I got it wrong...
    I haven't won anything yet as my bet is £40 e/w on the win which I didn't realise,
    so the bet is now...

£65 back if he loses final
    £155 back if he wins final

so, got to go through it all again on Sunday  :)

dev
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis : He,s already beaten Murray and has come on loads in last year. if its a bit windy and he may have problems with his serve but if its not he,s got value imo
    Posted by MP33

Must say murray did play well yesterday, I didnt think the pole would give him this much trouble but its a sign of how good murrary is these days. I still think djokovic is the best in the world right now but anything can happen in a one off. 
  • edited July 2013
    just had a small bet on Djoc at 13/10 to inspire Murray to victory. come on Andy 
  • edited July 2013
    Murrays already 1.65 for sports personality of the year and its only start of 2nd set
  • edited July 2013
    Its a done deal if he wins this.
  • edited July 2013
    1 service game from winning and he,s now 1.17 for Sports personality of the year

EDIT - 1pt later and he,s now 1.12