You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wimbledon tennis

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    what odds on a knighthood if he wins,
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon tennis:
    just had a small bet on Djoc at 13/10 to inspire Murray to victory. come on Andy 
    Posted by vaigret
    Best bet I've ever lost
  • edited July 2013
    Brilliant performance from Murray.  

If he can convert on break point the way he did today I think he is almost unplayable.  The 1st 2 Djokovic service games typified Murray - phenomenal service return play - until that crucial break point - he lost 3 in the 1st game and 4 in the 2nd before he finally converted the 5th.  After that he goes onto convert 7 out of 9.

If he can continue to play crucial break points the way he plays other return points I don't think anyone can live with him - not even Djokovic.

He has not proven he can do it consistently though which is why he has never been World No.1 and has not won the number of Grand Slams the others in the Big 4 have.  

Even today where he was sensational, there was still some evidence of temperament issues (40-0 up in the final game and almost losing it) but if he can sort this out he still has time to prove himself as one of the greatest and certainly the best returner ever to play the game.