You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info

13»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info:
    I LOVE SPT WEEKENDS!!!!!! That is all. B
    Posted by Bromley023
    +1

From the moment I win my seat I'm always super excited until I can get sat down with my chips!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info:
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info : can't wait to see what its all about ..... This looks like the one for me  , Saturday 27th July 7pm £25 NLHE F/O 10k 20m £2,500 GTE Do i reg on the dtd site or through this site?
    Posted by limmy01
    Just turn up on the day with your £25. It's not a Sky event, it just runs in DTD and you can register there.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info : Just turn up on the day with your £25. It's not a Sky event, it just runs in DTD and you can register there.
    Posted by Lambert180

cheers again for your help , if i bump into you at the bar i  will grab you a beer
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info : cheers again for your help , if i bump into you at the bar i  will grab you a beer
    Posted by limmy01
    Lambert will defo hold you to that!

Regarding the questions about having only online, an SPT weekend is the best time to learn. You might make mistakes but that's how you learn! Don't get bothered by it, the chances are no one at the table will care as everyone has been there when its their first live event. People who have played hundreds of live events still make mistakes.

At my first live event (which was at DtD) I under raised (eg went to min raise but didn't calculate it correctly!). The dealer made a joke about me being an online player and told me about when he played live for the first time, we then had a bit of banter and I was chatting with some of the other players after this.

Come along, enjoy yourself and afterwards you will wonder why you thought it would be a problem.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info : Lambert will defo hold you to that! Regarding the questions about having only online, an SPT weekend is the best time to learn. You might make mistakes but that's how you learn! Don't get bothered by it, the chances are no one at the table will care as everyone has been there when its their first live event. People who have played hundreds of live events still make mistakes. At my first live event (which was at DtD) I under raised (eg went to min raise but didn't calculate it correctly!). The dealer made a joke about me being an online player and told me about when he played live for the first time, we then had a bit of banter and I was chatting with some of the other players after this. Come along, enjoy yourself and afterwards you will wonder why you thought it would be a problem.
    Posted by MattBates
    cheers for that , its true about online , it does most of the work for you and you just click away. Going to be a wake up call thats for sure
  • edited July 2013
    bumps...

Ok, only 1 day away -

Ryan or Gazza if you still wanna meet on Friday/Saturday post here to confirm

If anyone else wants to then fine, just post here.

A few people are playing Friday in the 7pm FO MTT £50, their is also a £25 FO MTT at the sametime.
    Either meeting Friday for something to eat/drink at 5pm and/or 6:45 @ DTD bar.

Saturday - DTD opens at 1pm - SPT starts at 2pm so free for all at the bar !

c u @ DTD yo!

if you post I'll pm u the details.

• edited July 2013
    ill meet ya tomo ..
  • edited July 2013
    Great Thread Mark!!!!!!!

Just what i would expect from a Friendly Community Loving Squaddie!!

Obvioulsy, I'm in The Hylands Hotel with you!! think about 12/14 Squaddies in there Now!!

Those Squaddies That are there Friday early, have provisionaly arranged to meet Hotel lobby 4.30-5pm, to cab/drive down to Frankie & Bennie's Restaurant oppsite Dusk till Dawn to Grab a Beer/Burger/stuff at 5pm+ish

We then aiming to play Sky sides at 7pm!!

In The Spirit of This Thread & SPT's, I invite ANYONE who wants to join in at 5pm+ at Resturant,  & Grab either a table next to Us or Seat with Us if theres room, [Massive Place, plenty seats], does not matter if we know you, or not, if you newbie/virgin or not, YOU WELCOME TO JOIN US, My Special Invite!!

Dont be Shy, post here, or introduce youselves to Me/Us over week-end, happy if you can join Us at restaurant!

LOOK OUT FOR OUR HITSQUAD FLAG & TOPS!!

Anyone playing SKY SPT would be great to meet You!!

Regards

Dave Hitman Harvey

HitSquad Founder & Capo

[15 SPT's & Counting, I remember My first, when new to sky,  so I know what is was like, not knowing anyone!]
  • edited July 2013
    Great Thread Mark!!!!!!! Just what i would expect from a Friendly Community Loving Squaddie!! Obvioulsy, I'm in The Hylands Hotel with you!! think about 12/14 Squaddies in there Now!! Those Squaddies That are there Friday early, have provisionaly arranged to meet Hotel lobby 4.30-5pm, to cab/drive down to Frankie & Bennie's Restaurant oppsite Dusk till Dawn to Grab a Beer/Burger/stuff at 5pm+ish We then aiming to play Sky sides at 7pm!! In The Spirit of This Thread & SPT's, I invite ANYONE who wants to join in at 5pm+ at Resturant,  & Grab either a table next to Us or Seat with Us if theres room, [Massive Place, plenty seats], does not matter if we know you, or not, if you newbie/virgin or not, YOU WELCOME TO JOIN US, My Special Invite!! Dont be Shy, post here, or introduce youselves to Me/Us over week-end, happy if you can join Us at restaurant! LOOK OUT FOR OUR HITSQUAD FLAG & TOPS!! Anyone playing SKY SPT would be great to meet You!! Regards Dave Hitman Harvey HitSquad Founder & Capo [15 SPT's & Counting, I remember My first, when new to sky,  so I know what is was like, not knowing anyone!]
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    are you footing the bill
  • edited July 2013
    I will probs pop along to that Dave. I'm planning on getting to Nottingham around 4.30, so quick shower + taxi ride from the holiday Inn, should be able to get there around 5. Looking forward to this weekend :-)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Your first SPT? or not - SPT DTD Nottingham group 26th-28th July - sign up within + Event info : are you footing the bill
    Posted by ctbn
    Yup I am, ...for anyone worse than me at Poker!!

PS that aint you mate!!

...in fact it any many people at all, maybe Nick Pryce, lol!!!
  • edited July 2013
    I will probs pop along to that Dave. I'm planning on getting to Nottingham around 4.30, so quick shower + taxi ride from the holiday Inn, should be able to get there around 5. Looking forward to this weekend :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Looking forward to it Charles, mate, Should be good mixed Poker Sky Gang at Frankie & Bennie's, from sounds of it Now!!

WOOP WOOP!!!
  • edited July 2013
    my first SPT and cant wait to put faces to people I have played for the past couple of years. I met a lot of them last year at DTD when i played a side event. Both myself and my stepson WOOKIEBOY have qualified for the main event so we cant wait to see who wins our side bet as to who lasts longest. look forward to seeing you there.