You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football league winners 2013/4

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Football league winners 2013/4:
    Just give u lot one tip..... Watford...... That's all I'm saying Edit:- have to justify my statement. Zola has managed to secure the services of all last years Italian imports, AND has gained one or two extra, EVEN BETTER ones. 
    Posted by joesman1
    They've bought/borrowed even more quality players this week....... GET ON!!!
  • edited July 2013

Reading
    Peterborough
    Chesterfield

win patent
  • edited July 2013
    Prem - Man city

Really tough league to predict with the top 3 changing managers. I just think Man City will have the best squad and could be more settled. Chelsea will be much improved again and Mourinho will always be successful but I think they lack a little bit of something up front unless they pull something out of the bag. Man Utd are Man Utd and should be ther or thereabouts but there has been massive changes at OT and it may take a year to settle.Why the heck Arsenal aren't spending I will never know. This is their chance to become one of the biggest clubs in the world. No big money on this league this year. No value at all. Just sit back and enjoy.

Championship - Watford.

Lets face it Watford were very very good last year under Zola and have improved their squad again. Its the sensible option.

League 1 - Wolves.

Wolves are again the obvious choice. They have retained a lot of their squad and got rid of the dodgy gaffer. I think if sheff utd can score a few more goals that they wont be far off.

League 2 - Newport County.

This is the gamble. Newport will be taking the pick of Cardiff and Swansea players once the squads are announced in the prem and along with newcomers from the conference usually doing ok I think they have strengthened significantly enough already to at least make the play offs. I hear the Bury theory too. Its a risk but Bury have shown they are big at this level and although there are plenty of chanjes going on it can go either way. Really open league this year.
  • edited July 2013
    gonna pick 3 teams and back them week in week out in £10 trebles. layout will be approx £400 odd quid then and would need all 3 to win same week/weekend approx 3 times to break evens by calculations. anything else will be profit. 

CHAMPIONSHIP:  BOLTON   (1ST GAME 17/10 AWAY TO BURNLEY)
    LEAGUE ONE :     PRESTON   (1ST GAME HOME TO WOLVES)
    LEAGUE TWO:    CHESTERFIELD  (1ST GAME 11/8 AWAY TO BURY) 

all 3 sides could have a good season in them, but not the big big fancies in their respective divisions, and therefore offer weekly value for the most part in their prices. 

the first weeks treble pays slightly over 15/1 

• edited July 2013
    PROMOTION BETS 6XFOURFOLDS

BRIGHTON,SHEFF UTD,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER (703/1)BV
    BRIGHTON,LEYTON ORIENT,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER(1787/1)BV
    WATFORD,LEYTON ORIENT,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER (1462/1)BW
    WATFORD,SHEFF UTD,,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER (535/1)C
    BOLTON,LEYTON ORIENT,,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER (1300/1)188
    BOLTON,SHEFF UTD,,NORTHAMPTON,KIDDERMINSTER (450/1)SKY

Abbreviations are bookmakers offering best odds
  • edited August 2013
    Looks like Liverpool and Tottenham have messed it up with Bale and Suarez so I might have to accept United will finish in top four now.

Come on Swansea!!!
  • edited August 2013
    man city-prem
    watford-champ
    peterborough-league 1
    league 2-bury

Surprised to see some people fancy norwich for relegation, had a good season last year and have further improved the squad, hooper and van wolfswinkel will bang them in, good manager too, seem solid to me!
  • edited September 2013
    Ok so my promotion treble is being hampered by Bolton bottom of the league.

My relegation acca is being hampered by Swindon not losing.

So I need to add another season treble to keep me interested.

Forest to finish Top 6 @ 8/11
    Oldham to finish Top 6 @ 14/1 (They looked awesome last night and were unlucky to lose)
    Northampton to finish Top 7 @ 6/1 (Yes we are 3rd bottom, but we always start slow)

£10 returns £1813.64
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Football league winners 2013/4:
    Ok so my promotion treble is being hampered by Bolton bottom of the league. My relegation acca is being hampered by Swindon not losing. So I need to add another season treble to keep me interested. Forest to finish Top 6 @ 8/11 Oldham to finish Top 6 @ 14/1 (They looked awesome last night and were unlucky to lose) Northampton to finish Top 7 @ 6/1 (Yes we are 3rd bottom, but we always start slow) £10 returns £1813.64
    Posted by splashies
    SLOW, SLOW, thats tortoise pace splashies. Very good luck with that one.