You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon!

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Watch this space for next weeks promotion!

'Battle of the Mains' will be coming to Sky Poker starting next Monday!

Keep checking back for details....

Joe

Comments

• edited July 2013
    that's a bit more like it......

....... I hope
  • edited July 2013
    You're joking aren't you????

I was going to start playing mtts next week but with this promo every1 is going to be trying to sat in etc, gonna make them even harder to win.

Spose it's back to cash for me    :(
  • edited July 2013
    Trolling, trolling, trolling 
    Though the forum trolling 
    Keep them doggies trolling 
    Rawhide 
  • edited July 2013
    4 posts but I see only three
    sky
    dohhhhhhhh
    and myself 
    who am I hiding? 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon!:
    4 posts but I see only three sky dohhhhhhhh and myself  who am I hiding? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Count seems to be one out. May be a Sky glitch as I can only see the same posts as you.
  • edited July 2013
    Its a delay waiting for the "river" post to appear !
  • edited July 2013
    I was trolling earlier - think they have have deleted mine.  Hope this helps
  • edited July 2013
    Its a delay waiting for the "river" post to appear !
    Posted by VespaPX
    LOL Nice one, runner, runner.........................runner bingo.
  • edited July 2013
    There was a troll who posted a poem about trolling on about 20 threads in poker chat this morning.

#solved
  • edited July 2013
    I was trolling on the forum earlier so they deleted my posts.  Hope this helps.
  • edited July 2013
    Three day teaser, come on joe spill the beans !
  • edited July 2013
    If im reading it right,  guarantees  are halved but to play both it will cost double.  I can only afford 1 at best. Terrible idea.
  • edited July 2013
    How does the cash game work in terms of the jackpot? Can you explain the new games run poker and escalator

Thanks matt
  • edited July 2013
    Also lets say the £5k cash game attracts most runners on the sunday, doest his mean the end of the PRIMO ?
  • edited July 2013
    Is there some super jackpot if you final table all three?

TBH I can see all the same tournaments picking up most of the runners... particularly the bounty hunters.
  • edited July 2013
    Also lets say the £5k cash game attracts most runners on the sunday, doest his mean the end of the PRIMO ?
    Posted by REDARROW61
    There is 100% no chance the cash game will get more entries than the Primo
  • edited July 2013
    Keep them all

Also please get rid of the 9pm £11s   . Change them back to 33 55 110£.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon! : There is 100% no chance the cash game will get more entries than the Primo
    Posted by Slykllist
    Wouldn't be so sure, the Primo is always relatively low on numbers cos it's £55.

And while the cash game is also £55, assuming it's some kind of timed affair so you get the value of your stack after 3 hours or whatever, it's a lower risk with there being a decent chance of at least getting something back which is why everyone loves BHs so much.
  • edited July 2013
    Keep them all Also please get rid of the 9pm £11s   . Change them back to 33 55 110£.
    Posted by 1267

where is full info on how cash game format works, differs from time? how run/escelator and shuffle are supposed to work?
  • edited July 2013
    How does a "Cash" tourney work? Are you allowed to re-load or top up your stack?
  • edited July 2013
    Monday night structure of new unknown who knows, bounty will win

Tuesday i hoep turbo Tuesday wins, but its cheap so will be similar i think 

Wednessday, i think the double chance might be in with a shot here. 

Thursday bounty hunter won weeks ago

Friday - meh

Saturday - Timed, really? 

Sunday Primo will crush
  • edited July 2013
    Also, how does the timed work in terms of the jackpot?
  • edited July 2013
    So many questions,  so few answers. 
  • edited July 2013
    I like the double evnts, but... halfing the GTD and not the price is pretty brutal. Prob be some days I won't enter any.
  • edited July 2013
    Don't see what the big deal about the guarantees is. It's pretty obvious Sky expect there are alot of players who can only afford to play 1 and so will have to choose one or the other, thus halving the fields.

It's not like guarantees matter anyway, Sky aren't gonna be having overlay on MEs so it's completely irrelevant. If the comp gets £6k of runners, it doesn't matter if Sky had put a £1k or £5k GTE on. It only matters when overlay comes in to play and it's pretty obvious Sky won't want overlay on their ME.

Can't remember the last time I saw overlay on the current Sky MEs so why should anyone be put off by the fact these won't have overlay either. Your value is in being better than the field, not in Sky giving away free money
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

Here is a run down of the new tournaments (I will also add this to the content page for clarity)

Monday- £4k Run Poker- This is a brand new variant to the Sky Poker tournament schedule. The basic concept of this type of tournament is that any player that wins a hand, will then become the dealer for the next hand.

Tuesday- £3k 6-max Shuffle- This variant of event involves tables shuffling (or re-balancing) much more often than is the case in regular tournaments. Players will be shuffled around tables at random intervals, thus play against a lot more players within the tournament

Wednesday- £3k Double chance- This does exactly what it says on the tin! Players are allowed one single re-buy as a 'second chance' or 'last chance' or some may say....'double chance' in the tournament.

Thursday- £6k Escalator- This is a brand new blind structure for Sky Poker. Blinds go up in 5 minute increments for the first hour, 10 minute intervals for the second hour, and finally 15 minute intervals until the end of play. The structure encourages players to generate a decent stack size before slowing down in the latter stages and picking their time to strike.

Friday- £4k Deepstack- This tournament type speaks for itself. Players are given more starting chips and a slower structure will be put in place.

Saturday- £4k Timed Tournament- This tournament will be a £33 hour long timed tournament where prizes are determined by the chipstack at the end of an hour.

Sunday- £5k Cash Game- Blinds remain unaltered for the duration of this timed tournament. The tournament will play out very much like a timed cash game. Prizes will be paid out dependant on final chipstack size. The tournament will last for 2 hours.

Hope these brief descriptions answer anyones questions.

With regards to the jackpot, players who decide that they would like to try both 8pm tournaments on a given evening, will have an extra chance of winning the jackpot if they reach the final table in the mini event. Your best finishing position in either of the Main Events will be paired with your finishing position in the Mini event to determine your shot at the jackpot. With regards to the Timed Tournament and the Cash Game tournament, the top 6 will be determined by chipstack size. Definitely a great incentive to play in both!

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this thread and I will try my best to respond.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys, Here is a run down of the new tournaments (I will also add this to the content page for clarity) Monday- £4k Run Poker- This is a brand new variant to the Sky Poker tournament schedule. The basic concept of this type of tournament is that any player that wins a hand, will then become the dealer for the next hand. Tuesday- £3k 6-max Shuffle- This variant of event involves tables shuffling (or re-balancing) much more often than is the case in regular tournaments. Players will be shuffled around tables at random intervals, thus play against a lot more players within the tournament Wednesday- £3k Double chance- This does exactly what it says on the tin! Players are allowed one single re-buy as a 'second chance' or 'last chance' or some may say....'double chance' in the tournament. Thursday- £6k Escalator- This is a brand new blind structure for Sky Poker. Blinds go up in 5 minute increments for the first hour, 10 minute intervals for the second hour, and finally 15 minute intervals until the end of play. The structure encourages players to generate a decent stack size before slowing down in the latter stages and picking their time to strike. Friday- £4k Deepstack- This tournament type speaks for itself. Players are given more starting chips and a slower structure will be put in place. Saturday- £4k Timed Tournament- This tournament will be a £33 hour long timed tournament where prizes are determined by the chipstack at the end of an hour. Sunday- £5k Cash Game- Blinds remain unaltered for the duration of this timed tournament. The tournament will play out very much like a timed cash game. Prizes will be paid out dependant on final chipstack size. Hope these brief descriptions answer anyones questions. With regards to the jackpot, players who decide that they would like to try both 8pm tournaments on a given evening, will have an extra chance of winning the jackpot if they reach the final table in the mini event. Definitely a great incentive to play in both! If you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this thread and I will try my best to respond. Thanks a lot, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Thnx Joe, only question, how long does this game/tournament last?
  • edited July 2013
    I hope some of these tournaments arent scrapped because they dont beat the current mains. If a tournament like the escalator passes its guarantee then it should go up against a different tournament the next week because its not gonna beat the Thursday night bounty hunter but could win on one of the other days.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon! : Thnx Joe, only question, how long does this game/tournament last?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well spotted DOHHHHHHH,

The cash game will last for 2 hours.

I have amended the copy now :)