You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Wednesday- £3k Double chance- This does exactly what it says on the tin! Players are allowed one single re-buy as a 'second chance' or 'last chance' or some may say....'double chance' in the tournament.

1) A long shot, but will there be an indication (either in lobby or on the player's table icon) that they have taken their second chance?

2) For all really, but will there be sats for all these extra Main Events? 

3) Is there any chance of changing some of the B/H mini events to reflect some of the newer choice tournaments, as not all players will be playing/be able to afford the Mains, but would perhaps like to try out some of the newer ideas.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon!:
    Wednesday-  £3k Double chance - This does exactly what it says on the tin! Players are allowed one single re-buy as a 'second chance' or 'last chance' or some may say....'double chance' in the tournament. 1) A long shot, but will there be an indication (either in lobby or on the player's table icon) that they have taken their second chance? 2) For all really, but will there be sats for all these extra Main Events?  3) Is there any chance of changing some of the B/H mini events to reflect some of the newer choice tournaments, as not all players will be playing/be able to afford the Mains, but would perhaps like to try out some of the newer ideas.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    This will work basically the same as the "Thews at 10" Tourney used to (which was very popular) - You have your re-entry or "Second Chance" once you are down to "0 Zero Chips".

The structure was quite fast if I remember, so it could get a little hairy at times if you played too slow at the start.
  • edited July 2013
    I hope some of these tournaments arent scrapped because they dont beat the current mains. If a tournament like the escalator passes its guarantee then it should go up against a different tournament the next week because its not gonna beat the Thursday night bounty hunter but could win on one of the other days.
    Posted by offshoot

Following on from this really. I think some of the best tournament ideas have been matched up against the bounty hunters which is a shame as there unlikely to be beat. Whereas both the current main and challenger on Tuesday is pretty bad as well as the Wednesday tournaments virtually being a mirror of each other. 

I do think the majority of MTT's should be bounty hunters as they are by far the most popular but regardless of results I think it would be good to see either the 6k Escalator, 4k deepstack or 4k run poker to replace either the Monday, Friday or Saturday BH's to add some variety. 

Also it would be nice to see either the timed tournament or the cash game to perhaps replace one of the nightly 9pm bounty hunters or the 10.30pm speed bounty hunters.

• edited July 2013
    Weds 10th July£3k Rebuy Open versus£3k Double Chance£11
    In my opinion it's a real shame these 2 tournies have been put up against each other. I mean a choice between multiple re-buys or just one (What will you do?) I think I know what most would pick on this night. Which is a shame really because a re-entry tourney would deffo have some legs imo, but it's never going to compete against a true "Re-Buy" Tourney.

Still - i'm loving the ideas from Sky for this promo and hopefully if we get the chance to do it all over again sometime, then we can shuffle the tournies v tournies around a bit. 
  • edited July 2013
    Weds 10th July £3k Rebuy Open versus £3k Double Chance £11 In my opinion it's a real shame these 2 tournies have been put up against each other. I mean a choice between multiple re-buys or just one (What will you do?) I think I know what most would pick on this night. Which is a shame really because a re-entry tourney would deffo have some legs imo, but it's never going to compete against a true "Re-Buy" Tourney. Still - i'm loving the ideas from Sky for this promo and hopefully if we get the chance to do it all over again sometime, then we can shuffle the tournies v tournies around a bit. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    ps - I love both of these tournies btw, so the choice for me is a difficult one.
  • edited July 2013
    Wednesday-  £3k Double chance - This does exactly what it says on the tin! Players are allowed one single re-buy as a 'second chance' or 'last chance' or some may say....'double chance' in the tournament. 1) A long shot, but will there be an indication (either in lobby or on the player's table icon) that they have taken their second chance? 2) For all really, but will there be sats for all these extra Main Events?  3) Is there any chance of changing some of the B/H mini events to reflect some of the newer choice tournaments, as not all players will be playing/be able to afford the Mains, but would perhaps like to try out some of the newer ideas.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Big +1 to point 3. Could we do battle of the minis or mix up the mini schedule?
  • edited July 2013
    The mini tournaments will remain unaltered for this particular week, however, dependant on the success of the promotion, we may introduce a mini variety.

As for satellites; there will an extensive range for both Main events throughout the week for all BR's.

Thanks
  • edited July 2013

I have a novel idea....change the name back to "The open" set the price at £10,maybe £20 on alternate nights.It always used to get 6/700 runners.
    i would like to see a week of the usual mains v the open to see which is  the most popular
  • edited July 2013

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just to say, regarding the match up of events, if a format gets 'beat' by another it doesn't mean it will disappear forever. Also, related to the previousl point, it's difficult to mix up all the combinations against each other. Especially in a week!

Should be interesting to see which ones are the most popular and to get additional feedback from when you've people have them. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming.

Thank you
  • edited July 2013
    Don't see what the big deal about the guarantees is. It's pretty obvious Sky expect there are alot of players who can only afford to play 1 and so will have to choose one or the other, thus halving the fields. It's not like guarantees matter anyway, Sky aren't gonna be having overlay on MEs so it's completely irrelevant. If the comp gets £6k of runners, it doesn't matter if Sky had put a £1k or £5k GTE on. It only matters when overlay comes in to play and it's pretty obvious Sky won't want overlay on their ME. Can't remember the last time I saw overlay on the current Sky MEs so why should anyone be put off by the fact these won't have overlay either. Your value is in being better than the field, not in Sky giving away free money
    Posted by Lambert180
    There was overlay in last nights £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!

#jinx
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon! : Following on from this really. I think some of the best tournament ideas have been matched up against the bounty hunters which is a shame as there unlikely to be beat. Whereas both the current main and challenger on Tuesday is pretty bad as well as the Wednesday tournaments virtually being a mirror of each other.  I do think the majority of MTT's should be bounty hunters as they are by far the most popular but regardless of results I think it would be good to see either the 6k Escalator, 4k deepstack or 4k run poker to replace either the Monday, Friday or Saturday BH's to add some variety.  Also it would be nice to see either the timed tournament or the cash game to perhaps replace one of the nightly 9pm bounty hunters or the 10.30pm speed bounty hunters.
    Posted by Curt360x27

Turbo Tuesday is the nuts!!!!!! More tournaments should be like that. And i know im not the only person to think that 
  • edited July 2013
    A few further points.

With the Esculator being s "speed down" mtt (blind levels get slower) will sky be looking into trialing a "speed up" mtt, obviously the complete opposite structure.

Love the dealer stealing format although £33 is out of my br atm, so that will be sat dependant for me to support it. 

The mini, maybe not the place for it, but since its been mentioned, wasn;t the mini always supposed to be the exact same as the main for 10% of the price? I wasn't around when it changed, but it seems like everything bar wednessday is now just a £5 bounty hunter. I mean i love bounty hunters, but some variation on the minis would be nice. The 10% buy in main was fun, although if sky want to go with a different approch that would be great. 

1 final thing. We seen a 3 max mtt, will we see more of these, or even the possibility of 4 max mtts. And can we have non-HU shuffle mtts (HU Shootout would be fun)  

I've gone way off topic but hope all this feedback is taken on board. 
  • edited July 2013
    A few further points. With the Esculator being s "speed down" mtt (blind levels get slower) will sky be looking into trialing a "speed up" mtt, obviously the complete opposite structure. Love the dealer stealing format although £33 is out of my br atm, so that will be sat dependant for me to support it.  The mini, maybe not the place for it, but since its been mentioned, wasn;t the mini always supposed to be the exact same as the main for 10% of the price? I wasn't around when it changed, but it seems like everything bar wednessday is now just a £5 bounty hunter. I mean i love bounty hunters, but some variation on the minis would be nice. The 10% buy in main was fun, although if sky want to go with a different approch that would be great.  1 final thing. We seen a 3 max mtt, will we see more of these, or even the possibility of 4 max mtts. And can we have non-HU shuffle mtts (HU Shootout would be fun)   I've gone way off topic but hope all this feedback is taken on board. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    No offence to you Donald but that would be a horrible idea imo, the whole speed down thing is good because there should be more and mroe play as the game progresses and gets to the business end. With the reverse, it would be a nitfest at the start, then a crapshoot at the end and we've already got plenty of MTTs on Sky that are already like that ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just to say, regarding the match up of events, if a format gets 'beat' by another it doesn't mean it will disappear forever. Also, related to the previousl point, it's difficult to mix up all the combinations against each other. Especially in a week! Should be interesting to see which ones are the most popular and to get additional feedback from when you've people have them. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming. Thank you
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Sorry for hijacking thread - But did you get my Pm
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Next weeks promotion- 'Battle of the Mains'....coming soon! : No offence to you Donald but that would be a horrible idea imo, the whole speed down thing is good because there should be more and mroe play as the game progresses and gets to the business end. With the reverse, it would be a nitfest at the start, then a crapshoot at the end and we've already got plenty of MTTs on Sky that are already like that ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    I've played speed ups on other sites and they are fun. 

Would also be a good balance for the deepstack lovers, and the turbo people like me. 
  • edited July 2013
    well done sky, very good promo and some fun looking mains apart from the stupid cash game on the sunday, if i want to play cash il play cash, no need for this game imo. oh and the timed tournament is hideous, aprat from that though thumbs up from me!!!
  • edited July 2013
    I guess my input is irrelevant

ie if i'm playing that night i'll play them both
  • edited July 2013
    Will there be the same numer of sats for both?  At the moment there are loads for the BH but hardly any for the run.

• edited July 2013
    Will there be the same numer of sats for both?  At the moment there are loads for the BH but hardly any for the run.
    Posted by cenachav
    Look in freeroll section for some reason.
  • edited July 2013
    lol  my fault for looking in the satillite section :)
  • edited July 2013
    I am an early riser for work so the weekday Mains finish too late for me. The Timed Main and the Cash Main would be ideal on say Mondays and Wednesdays