You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Tuesday Show, with Boycey

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

Good afternoon.

OK, so it's barbecue weather, & everyone is out in the beer gardens, but the TV Show continues, & tonight we have a Mix N Match Poker & Open Golf Preview Show.

Poker, the normal, & for the Golf Betting preview (8pm - 10pm) we have Sean Boyce on the tee, with his caddie, Golf Columnist Sam Harrop, & his mind coach, Steve Bamford. I shall mainly be raking the bunkers.

The Open Golf this year is hosted at Muirfield, & should be a cracker.

We may find a few FREE PRIZES if you can Post (or e-Mail/Tweet) any great memories of Open Golf from Muirfield, or your predictions of the likely winner, & his score. I think the scores will be low low low, maybe 16 under or better. Agree, disagree?

Back at the poker tables, meanwehile, the WSOP November Nine is now sorted. Odd factoid - (with thanks to Dr Marbles for this) - From the final 27 at the start of the day, three of the 4 shortstacks made the final nine, but only one of the top 6 biggest stacks. How weird is that?

That apart, send in your questions, share your victories with us, chirp away if you have won something recently, no matter how small. Tonight is Tuesday FUN night. By order.

7pm. Don't be late. 

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Well for me I'm on Tiger Woods this week, it is only a matter of time before he starts winning majors again.

He has won around 25% of tournaments he has played throughout his career, and roughly 1 in 5 majors (14majors in 67 starts I believe)

If his elbow holds out, I'm delighted to be taking the 10/1 on offer.

My only other bet of the week is Thomas Bjorn Top 20 finish @ 5/2. Finished 8th here in the '02 Open and has 4 top 10's in his last 5 starts this year and is looking back to his best. I think winning this week will be a stretch too far for him, but a top 20 finish is on the cards.

I think you may be right about the scoring being better than usual in the Open, but according to the players on twitter, the rough may say otherwise!!

• edited July 2013
    Phil mickleson won last week on a lynx course   and i think at 25/1 great value for the scottish open 
  • edited July 2013
    I bet Tikay wishes the Open was at Gleneagles!
    That would be a great excuse to devote half the show to Railways, as it used to be a Caledonian Railway course.

We've just had the Derby won by Ruler of the World
    The British Open is reknowned as one of, if not, the best Tournament in the world!

Ryan Moore was the jockey on board in the Derby, what are the chances of his namesake Ryan Moore taking down the Open at 150/1

My Open memory was backing Van der Velde before round 1, at riddiculous odds in 1999. 
    I was playing Cricket at IBM Hursley as the final round took place, I got run out, just in time to watch him play the 18th hole.
    I lost my bet and we lost the match! brought a whole new meaning to French Cricket for me lol

Have a great Show!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: The Tuesday Show, with Boycey:
    I bet Tikay wishes the Open was at Gleneagles! That would be a great excuse to devote half the show to Railways, as it used to be a Caledonian Railway course. We've just had the Derby won by Ruler of the World The British Open is reknowned as one of, if not, the best Tournament in the world! Ryan Moore was the jockey on board in the Derby, what are the chances of his namesake Ryan Moore taking down the Open at 150/1 My Open memory was backing Van der Velde before round 1, at riddiculous odds in 1999.  I was playing Cricket at IBM Hursley as the final round took place, I got run out, just in time to watch him play the 18th hole. I lost my bet and we lost the match! brought a whole new meaning to French Cricket for me lol Have a great Show!!
    Posted by cleansweep
    Oucho!

In case the memory is fading.....

• edited July 2013
    Phil mickleson won last week on a lynx course   and i think at 25/1 great value for the scottish open 
    Posted by angie6108
    Yup, no sweat.

His sort of impish smile reminds me of......Princess Diane.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to The Tuesday Show, with Boycey:
    Good afternoon.   OK, so it's barbecue weather, & everyone is out in the beer gardens, but the TV Show continues, & tonight we have a Mix N Match Poker & Open Golf Preview Show. Poker, the normal, & for the Golf Betting preview (8pm - 10pm) we have Sean Boyce on the tee, with his caddie, Golf Columnist Sam Harrop, & his mind coach, Steve Bamford. I shall mainly be raking the bunkers. The Open Golf this year is hosted at Muirfield, & should be a cracker. We may find a few FREE PRIZES if you can Post (or e-Mail/Tweet) any great memories of Open Golf from Muirfield, or your predictions of the likely winner, & his score. I think the scores will be low low low, maybe 16 under or better. Agree, disagree? Back at the poker tables, meanwehile, the WSOP November Nine is now sorted. Odd factoid - (with thanks to Dr Marbles for this) - From the final 27 at the start of the day, three of the 4 shortstacks made the final nine, but only one of the top 6 biggest stacks . How weird is that? That apart, send in your questions, share your victories with us, chirp away if you have won something recently, no matter how small. Tonight is Tuesday FUN night. By order.   7pm. Don't be late.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    If i had a house i,d stick it on that right now to be a lot less

I,ve put my tips up on the Golf Thread in Punters Corner but will post again since your discussing it - Should be a great 4 days

Phil Mickleson        22/1 .    Backed him on the Scottish Open so have to stick with him. Also a joy to wacth

Henrik Stenson -    49/1      Apart from last few holes on Sunday he was on fire and must be confident 

Francesco Molinari    129/1   Showed some form at the weekend. A straight hitter at a great price

Ian Poulter            59/1       Almost did it at Birkdale. If he,s going to win a major i think it will be this one

Brandon Grace       79/1        Showed all round form at the weekend esp his short putting . Conditions and                                                   course will suit him

Rory                    28/1        At least he,ll get plenty of air time. Think its a good value price

Not got any memories from Muirfield as i havne,t been but top 3 Open moments would be

Almost watching Tom Watson win at Turnberry before Cink stole it (Never seen so many ppl supporting an American that day)

Helping Thomas Jaidee find his ball as he capitulated on the 17th on the Sunday at Birkdale

Putting £2 on Darren Clarke to win at 150/1 then another £2 after the price stayed the same just as he birdied a hole - then went on to win

Will be playing the main and mini so wish me luck and have a good show

Paul

• edited July 2013
    Well for me I'm on Tiger Woods this week, it is only a matter of time before he starts winning majors again. He has won around 25% of tournaments he has played throughout his career, and roughly 1 in 5 majors (14majors in 67 starts I believe) If his elbow holds out, I'm delighted to be taking the 10/1 on offer. My only other bet of the week is Thomas Bjorn Top 20 finish @ 5/2. Finished 8th here in the '02 Open and has 4 top 10's in his last 5 starts this year and is looking back to his best. I think winning this week will be a stretch too far for him, but a top 20 finish is on the cards. I think you may be right about the scoring being better than usual in the Open, but according to the players on twitter, the rough may say otherwise!!
    Posted by splashies
    If he could find his form, Woods would walk it. If......

I like the Bjorn bet though, I've backed him Top 20, Top 10, & outright. I've also had a few bob on Fowler, Haas, Koooooooooch, & Branden Grace, and a proper bet (Top 20, Top 10, Top Englishman, Winner) on Chris Wood.

The rough? What rough? Poulter Tweeted this photo earlier today......

• edited July 2013
    Posted by angie6108
    The trouble with this is that no winner of the scottish open has ever won the open the next week.  At the odds quoted on SKY BET I think that Justin Rose has a great shout at 18/1.  He has shown that he can win under pressure and can handle an open course.  He is also in a bit of form which helps
  • edited July 2013
    Luke Donald for me.

Welcome back to blighty Tony.

Oh and can you give FCHD (Richard) a big shout out for his WSOP thread.
    Cheers
  • edited July 2013
    Is there any poker on tonight's show? lol

Here's what I know about golf:

• edited July 2013
    Hi guys, can you ask tikay what polarising is? Have a good show guys 

Paul
  • edited July 2013
    Love the fact these show's are keeping it fresh and sticking with maintaining the topical themes!

Not first memories but best memories for me has to be the 1991 Open at Royal Birkdale.

I'd had the odd bet on the golf, but that year I decided to have a few weekly bets (back when I used to get paid weekly) on Ian Baker-Finch, each bet was 50/1 to win.

I opened my first savings account with the winnings from Ian Baker-Finch and the funds went some way to forming the deposit for my first house.

At the time I said I would call my house 'Baker-Finch' but settled for a signed photo of the great man holding the trophy, displayed in my home.

As for this years Open, I've been investing in Martin Kaymer at 50/1, as I think he has the perfect game and mindset for The Open and appeared (I think he is) to be coming into form.

So my prediction would be a Kaymer win on -13, unlucky for everyone else, lucky for Kaymer :)

I've been quietly confident that kaymer at 50/1 was superb value, though he's now as big as 66/1 and doesn't seem to be getting much of a mention from anyone.

Would anyone like to say why Martin Kaymer should be virtually friendless this week?

Other 'value bets' for me are Matt Kuchar 50/1 and with a benign forecast and little to no need for the driver, I feel Rory Mcllroy is suddenly looking good ew value at 28/1.

In the three figure section, I like Chris Wood 150/1, Brett Rumford 300/1, Danny Willett 250/1, Gareth Maybin 500/1 and playing in his first major Graham Delaet 200/1.

Brett Rumford 20/1 top Aussie also gets my interest.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Tony and Boycey

A big thankyou to Tony for all his videos while he was in Vegas.  It was great reliving the WSOP with him again.  I still don't know how I got to the 5th day in 2010.

Well played Tony see you at Nottingham at DTD.

Love

Sue

xx
  • edited July 2013

fchd... excellent work.

spt nottingham?...... please

• edited July 2013
    We nominated FCHD for top of the posts and he took down £15 his biggest win on Sky poker.
    He was so humble and delighted he deserves to be at the next SPT.
    His thread was the best thing I looked forward to for the duration of the SPT
    Top Man he deserves a Top prize
  • edited July 2013
    For FCHD and the great updates keeping us all in the loop re vegas.The guy deserves a super roller seat or an SPT seat whatever he likes.
  • edited July 2013
    FCHD did some cracking work with that thread.  Totally agree with Rob above, a buy in at an SPT of his choice IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    Is there any poker on tonight's show? lol Here's what I know about golf: ...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Twice as much as I know about poker then!

Big thank you for FCHD for keeping us all updated (does this make it a £2 bh?).  Did Tikay bring back any of those small cream cakes he was showing off?  Well I say they they looked as big as a bag of concrete.

Run well all and see you at the 6max
  • edited July 2013
    fchd did some sterling work on the wsop updates, definately deserves a seat in 6 max in nottingham where i came 3rd in the same tournement last year :) ( blatant brag )
  • edited July 2013
    Give the person a number of spt seats (maybe 4) or wsop main event seat in 2014. Tikay stop being tight.
  • edited July 2013
    yes tk... just want too know when r we gettin an spt bolton... maybe next yr lol
  • edited July 2013
    FCHD Suggested Prize

Firstly good evening both and enjoying the show and will be here until midnight, qualified for Nottingham myself for free due to coming 2nd in the semi for £176 and winning the other night for the q/final qualifier so will be looking forward to meeting the sky team and community next week in Nottingham, the first time I have been to DTD.

I suggest that FCHD heads up to Nottingham for the SPT on the Saturday around midday where I am sure the community players like myself and others will gladly pay towards his buy in for the event due to the excellent work he has delivered recently to lets face it, the poker players and others who will be at the SPT and the rest of the sand plus secondly perhaps Tikay could present him with a small gift from SKY just before the event takes place.

I will gladly put £10 down for starters plus more if a few wish to buy him in amongst us, but let me know if he can make it and who wishes to participate and I will chase up on the Saturday at the SPT.

He deserves it for his outstanding contribution and I am more than happy to assist if he can make it, plus any others who agree with this - please post and let me know

Please pass on my details or message me FHCD

Good Luck

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    Bristol

• edited July 2013
    For the market for the lowest score in the first round, when does the panel think the best conditions for scoring will be on Thursday?
  • edited July 2013
      Just for Tikay.

The tooting bec medal is presented to  the player who was born in the uk/republic of ireland or parents born there who shoots the lowest round in the open.
  • edited July 2013
    As an aside to the discussion on the Open at Muirfield.....

How can they call themselves the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers when , in this day and age they still don't allow female members!

Disgraceful

*Edit
    Be back in a minute - gotta check the wifes finished the ironing ! :-)
  • edited July 2013
    Jason Day who kept blinking his eyes 3 times before his shot - some sort of brain therapy (trying to utilise the left hand side of his brain)
  • edited July 2013
    If the forecast is for the wind to be the same on Thursday is it not likely to be a disadvantage of going out early as they will get the opposite times on the Friday where it might favour early starters more with more of a turn in the weather?
  • edited July 2013

10:01 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 406 474 202 50  
    left 40 49 2    

henners10 31 35      
    haddock214 40 39      

• edited July 2013
    Are you not showing the end of the Turbo Tuesday????

#dissapointed :(
  • edited July 2013
    Made my night :D

Thanks guys!!!

For ease of reading people just call me C5 ;)