You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dear Sky, Please Introduce MasterCash 2p-4p tables!

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
It would be really good if there were mastercash 2p-4p tables. Even if it wasn't shown on the TV, would be fantastic to be able to play 200bb deep at 4nl.

I've been playing a bit on the 10nl Mastercash tables they are really good fun with a totally different dynamic to the regular 100 bb buy in tables.

Just an idea of something that i feel would benefit the site!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I've been asking for this for ages. Not just for the very rare chance to get a 2p-4p hand on Mastercash, but also to make it possible for hands from 2p/4p Mastercash to be submitted to Poker Clinic etc.  I can't see a downside, but every time it comes up we get things like "No one wants to see 2p/4p cash on TV", "the play at that level is so bad it would be a detriment to the channel to show hands from that level" etc.
  • edited July 2013

lol FCHD you always get the jokers on Sky:P

Do they think 2p-4p is significantly different to 10 nl haha

1) the hands shown on the show are selective (interesting hands)

2) Sometimes bad play makes for interesting hands!

3) It can't be any worse than some of the play at 10nl /20 nl:D

• edited July 2013

a prime example of why I don't think they will have a master cash for 2p 4p is these tables are just too poor with betting so basically all that means is you get hardly any action at all.
    take this for example

xSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.42
    Vidda Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.38
      Your hole cards

xCall  £0.04 £0.10 £8.39
    craigcu12 Fold     
    mordaw18 Fold     
    xRaise  £0.06 £0.16 £2.36
    Vidda Fold     
    xCall  £0.04 £0.20 £8.35
    Flop

• A

xBet  £0.04 £0.24 £2.32
    xCall  £0.04 £0.28 £8.31
    Turn

xBet  £0.04 £0.32 £2.28
    xCall  £0.04 £0.36 £8.27
    River

• Q

xBet  £0.16 £0.52 £2.12
    xCall  £0.16 £0.68 £8.11
    xShow
    • A
    • Q

xMuck
    • Q

xWin Two Pairs, Aces and Queens £0.62  £2.74
    min raise AQ preflop the with top pair decent kicker just min bets then does the same on the turn when it is now getting very dangerous then when the chasers will no longer want to call what does he do bet larger.
    a lot of the time it's just button clicking that you would be watching on nl4.
  • edited July 2013
    i'm waiting for the master cash table where the big blind decides whether it should be 2-4 5-10 or 10-20 before the carda are dealt lol

• edited July 2013
    I begged for this nack in the day. I think its a good idea for stuff like the clinic, the Poker school etc. 

Infact its probably good for sky too, 7.5% rake, get 4 of them on the go, I rekon they will run alot of the time, and £16 pots are worth more than £8 pots. 
  • edited July 2013
    why leave there names in. ?. its 2-4p  rec plys having a bit of fun. you wont see any good poker till 50p-£1 onwards, 
  • edited July 2013

having a mastercash table for hands to be sent in would be fine

flip side is I don't think they would play 200bb deep too often, the vast majority of players at that level don't buyin for 100bb nevermind 200bb

• edited July 2013
    Craig this is no evidence at all. I could sit down now and play for 10 mins and I'd probably be able to show at least 1 HH where the money all went i the middle. Some are very passive, some are bad aggro, and some ust over-value weakhands too much. You get all sorts at 4NL, just like you do at 10NL.

Tbh, if it's really boring TV, then all they have to do is not show it, simple as. But at least have the opportunity.
  • edited July 2013
    And we often see just outright bad play when they show hands from £1/£2 or £1.50/£3 tables. Does that mean they shouldn't exist either?

Mastercash on the TV shows what about 15 hands a week? Would it really bother people that much if one of those hands was from a 2p/4p table?
  • edited July 2013
    Great idea Larson, some hysterical hands at 4nl
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Dear Sky, Please Introduce MasterCash 2p-4p tables!:
    Great idea Larson, some hysterical hands at 4nl
    Posted by calcalfold

+1
  • edited July 2013

when I think about it and after reading what you have said it is something that should be done.
    as you said paul their might be less action but they not forced to show it.

plus the other side to the story is when people start poker tthey will most likely start on the NL4p so what better way to understand poker than showing hands from a nl4 in the poker school episode and the clinic or analyse my play.

i should have put more thought into my post because i asked about a hand which had strange play on Thursday and where was that from a 5p 10p

• edited July 2013
    Mastercash at 4nl would be great entertainment
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    siarc Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
    calcalfold Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

skyeguy08 Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £2.09
    lukyflinty Fold        
    tworussell Fold        
    Davebl Call   £0.16 £0.38 £2.63
    siarc Fold        
    calcalfold Raise   £1.16 £1.54 £3.34
    skyeguy08 Call   £1.04 £2.58 £1.05
    Davebl All-in   £2.63 £5.21 £0.00
    calcalfold Raise   £3.18 £8.39 £0.16
    skyeguy08 All-in   £1.05 £9.44 £0.00
    calcalfold Unmatched bet   £1.59 £7.85 £1.75
    calcalfold Show
    • A
    • A

skyeguy08 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Davebl Show
    • J

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

Davebl Win Flush to the Ace £7.26   £7.26
    This kind of play makes note taking so easy, no need for full notes, just type "sen"
  • edited July 2013
    Hopefully someone from Sky can have a look at this!
  • edited July 2013
    I've been asking for this for ages. Not just for the very rare chance to get a 2p-4p hand on Mastercash, but also to make it possible for hands from 2p/4p Mastercash to be submitted to Poker Clinic etc.  I can't see a downside, but every time it comes up we get things like "No one wants to see 2p/4p cash on TV", "the play at that level is so bad it would be a detriment to the channel to show hands from that level" etc.
    Posted by FCHD
    Hi Richard.

Nobody from Sky Poker, or Channel 861, has ever said that. Other players may have - the business has not.

Good & bad play exists at every level - it is all relevant.

• edited July 2013
    There are some better players at NL4 than NL100 not loads but there are some. So to argue you wont see good poker from NL4 is redonkulous you may have to filter most of the hands but a lot would be fine.

I think the fact of it is most people like watching big money cross the felt regardless of how good the play is.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Dear Sky, Please Introduce MasterCash 2p-4p tables! : Hi Richard. Nobody from Sky Poker, or Channel 861, has ever said that. Other players may have - the business has not. Good & bad play exists at every level - it is all relevant.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes of course you're right Tikay, it was other players making those responses, not a Sky employee/representative. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the previous post.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Dear Sky, Please Introduce MasterCash 2p-4p tables! : Hi Richard. Nobody from Sky Poker, or Channel 861, has ever said that. Other players may have - the business has not. Good & bad play exists at every level - it is all relevant.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Just to recap it seems everyone would be behind it, overwhelming support for this. They have these tables at al other higher levels, so would make sense to include 4nl in this.

From a business perspective, like Don said, it's more rake and more profit for the business.

It could even be a segment on the show, trying to promote amongst new players, a "poker school" type segment. Not only would sky be saying that you can play 4nl up to 100nl, you would be able to show the lowest limit on the show, where as usually it is just the higher tables that are shown.

I just think overall, not talking about it being shown on tv (not many hands are shown anyway) but it would be a good dynamic to have games where people are sitting 200 bigs deep. I love it, and right now have to get my fix at 10 nl lol
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by Tikay10

Just to recap it seems everyone would be behind it, overwhelming support for this. They have these tables at al other higher levels, so would make sense to include 4nl in this.

From a business perspective, like Don said, it's more rake and more profit for the business.

It could even be a segment on the show, trying to promote amongst new players, a "poker school" type segment. Not only would sky be saying that you can play 4nl up to 100nl, you would be able to show the lowest limit on the show, where as usually it is just the higher tables that are shown.

I just think overall, not talking about it being shown on tv (not many hands are shown anyway) but it would be a good dynamic to have games where people are sitting 200 bigs deep. I love it, and right now have to get my fix at 10 nl lol
  • edited July 2013
    I think if they were to put on an NL4 Mastercash table (or 2 ) it would get more new players involved who see it on TV and realise you can play for pennies instead of pounds. 

On the other hand it they were to do it at NL4 , wouldn,t they have to do it at NL8 as well to make things fair
  • edited July 2013
    Think its a great idea to attract new low stake players to the site. Some people may just depoist a few quid and chuck there 4-8 quid about just to get there hands played on tele. Anything that attracts new players to the site would be good imo.
  • edited July 2013
    Introducing nl4 mc 200bb deep would be a good idea.
    I very much doubt any hands would be seen on TV due to the nature of the way the games play and should be played.
  • edited July 2013
    I just want to see the presenting team trying to anylyze a forum cash game:)

a 14 bet pre flop anyone lol
  • edited July 2013
    No offense meant to anyone lol, I watch sky every night and love master cash - find the tournament coverage a bit boring but that's cos I play cash and not tournaments so that's by the by. But if I tune in to 2p 4p master cash I will be turning straight back over to the Simpsons lol!
  • edited July 2013
    I just want to see the presenting team trying to anylyze a forum cash game:) a 14 bet pre flop anyone lol
    Posted by TINTIN
    To be fair the two players did have monsters and were trapping.  53 off and J2 suited I think. 
  • edited July 2013
    No offense meant to anyone lol, I watch sky every night and love master cash - find the tournament coverage a bit boring but that's cos I play cash and not tournaments so that's by the by. But if I tune in to 2p 4p master cash I will be turning straight back over to the Simpsons lol!
    Posted by mrdavies
    Why though?
  • edited July 2013
    Just not interested in watching it, spider pig would be more interesting. 
  • edited July 2013
    Just not interested in watching it, spider pig would be more interesting. 
    Posted by mrdavies
    But what disinterests you?

Is it just cos you think the standard of play will be really bad?

Or is it just cos of the amounts of money involved don't mean much to you? In which case, is a hand posted for the £11 ME rubbish in comparison to one posted from the £110 monthly roller?
  • edited July 2013
    I just want to see the presenting team trying to anylyze a forum cash game:) a 14 bet pre flop anyone lol
    Posted by TINTIN
    +1 to this
    i bet the viewing figures would be good as well just to see what they'd say!! :)

i think the tables would be a good idea as well
  • edited July 2013
    why isnt there any omaha or omaha hi/lo mastercash tables ? im not a big fan of holdem . also the cash omaha hi/lo tables seem to be dead :(