You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dear Sky, Please Introduce MasterCash 2p-4p tables!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Just for those who don't know me. I started off playing NL4 and still only play NL8, NL10 and very rarely NL20. Been doing it for knocking on for 2 and a half years and made a nice little 4 figure profit doing it. There is my limited background on this subject....

I have often thought that showing the NL4 hands would be excellent entertainment but under the right circumstances. The old mastercash shows that used to start at NL10 and gently build up to NL100+ over 3 hours or so were absolutely excellent and as a new player back then I used to concentrate on the lower stakes stuff purely because there were more mistakes and it was a better learning tool. To be brutally honest, I don't really watch it that often since the change to a 1 hour show and its for the above reason. There is not enough bread and butter hands from lower limits.

Now, in my humble opinion, I think (for want of a better title) an "Idiots Guide To Poker" series featuring hands from the bottom limit would be an excellent addition to the channel. By showing some of these so called "joke" hands, as some people refer to them, it would not only improve the recreational players at this level and also a chance of TV time but maybe give non registered viewers the confidence of maybe having a look at playing this stake.

I don't mean to sound rude to NL4 players but it is plainly obvious that a lot of basic mistakes are made at this level and although the channel is a very good learning tool it still left a lot of unanswered questions for me as a complete novice.

This would answer the simplest of questions in my opinion.