You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

petition for postes freeroll to survive!!

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
with a bit of hustle and bustle i am sure we can make them see sense!!

just sign below if you want the posters freeroll to survive and let our voices be heard!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    and as a bonus, posting your name bumps up your posting count by +1.

Machka!
  • edited December 2009
    bring posters freeroll back

arnace
  • edited December 2009

hi,  he spelt posh

• edited December 2009
    hope this helps
  • edited December 2009
    Bring it back!

Ratty!
  • edited December 2009
    I say good riddance, might stop all the pointless post's and reply's by certain people, who are so desperate to get into a freeroll they will reply with oneliner's to anything, that's why the same name's were on the list every week, sad.
  • edited December 2009
    I played my 1st posters freeroll last night and came 3rd so i defo want it to come back

shanker1974
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!!:
    I say good riddance, might stop all the pointless post's and reply's by certain people, who are so desperate to get into a freeroll they will reply with oneliner's to anything, that's why the same name's were on the list every week, sad.
    Posted by chirker
    grumpy!!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by chirker
    Shanker played his first one last night and so did I so theres 4% new blood atleast!
  • edited December 2009
    i'm with u on this webby, even just for the banter during the game!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by chirker
      In part i agree with the sentiment here because the number of pointless posts has increased. But the majority of the field in these games have been made up of people who have genuinely added to the community here. Whether or not you agree with what they say they have put their opinions up there to be praised or ridiculed.  And where would this community be without Barry's constant deepstack reminders, Huflungpu blatant AntiColin propaganda, webbys continual bad beats, Vaigrets divine guidanceand bennydips somewhat strange humour.

These are the things that make this forum great and they were there before the posters freeroll and they will still be here after it has long gone. The big positive from this freeroll has been to encourage people to join the community and partake in threads that are serious/stupid/funny/totally insane. And i think it has been a great succes as there are more posters floating around now than before. Hopefully they will stay despite the carrot being removed.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by chirker
    yes i agree, it was a good idea to get the ball rolling on the forum, now that it is, lets settle for quality, and not quantity.
  • edited December 2009
    As much as I loved the Poster's Freeroll I don't feel comfortable badgering them to provide us with freerolls. It's different with fee tournaments but the freerolls I see as bonuses.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!! :   In part i agree with the sentiment here because the number of pointless posts has increased. But the majority of the field in these games have been made up of people who have genuinely added to the community here. Whether or not you agree with what they say they have put their opinions up there to be praised or ridiculed.  And where would this community be without Barry's constant deepstack reminders, Huflungpu blatant AntiColin propaganda, webbys continual bad beats, Vaigrets divine guidanceand bennydips somewhat strange humour.   These are the things that make this forum great and they were there before the posters freeroll and they will still be here after it has long gone. The big positive from this freeroll has been to encourage people to join the community and partake in threads that are serious/stupid/funny/totally insane. And i think it has been a great succes as there are more posters floating around now than before. Hopefully they will stay despite the carrot being removed.
    Posted by Talon
    I have to agree with my namesake's latter sentiments here.

I don't post often enough that I was ever going to make a big impression on the qualifications stakes, but somehow managed to get in there once, and I have to say that it was probably the most enjoyable game of poker I've had in a while. Whilst I'm sure for some getting into the money is important, the main thing I took from the game was just having a good time bantering with numerous people that I cant say I know, but have become aware of through their posts, and I'm sure that is how the majority of those who play considered it, as a game to play for fun with friends (albeit virtual ones).

The one time I was in I finished 10th, 2 places off the money, but my memory of the game was poor old Hu having to contend with myself, Mr Mbro and Talon on his table, and listen to his anti Colin comments, whilst the 3 Colin's took chips off him :)

So yes whilst I'm hardly likely to be a regular participant of the posters freeroll, I am more than happy to give support to its continuance.

Aski :)
  • edited December 2009
    i have rarely visited the forum over the past two weeks, due to it sometimes becoming unreadable. an entire plethora of sad sacks were so desperate to get into a freeroll, every thread became full of inane replies and accusations/counter accusations of people posting simply to get into a tuppence ha'penny game.

well done sky for binning the freeroll.
  • edited December 2009
    i have rarely visited the forum over the past two weeks, due to it sometimes becoming unreadable. an entire plethora of sad sacks were so desperate to get into a freeroll, every thread became full of inane replies and accusations/counter accusations of people posting simply to get into a tuppence ha'penny game. well done sky for binning the freeroll.
    Posted by booboo69
    I take it you have never qualified for one of these tourneys then??. If you read more closley the taking part is more important than the prizepool. The banter/chat alone is worth an enterance fee from those who are not playing in it. I, like many people on here, will be sad to see it go.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by chirker
    the same names,

clarify you saying all 51 players,

last nite ,

were posting all week,

to get on a freeroll .
  • edited December 2009
    WHAT A LOAD OF OLD BULL TO SAY SOME OF US POSTING TO GET IN A FREEROLL,I MAKE MY MONEY IN FEE PAYING TOURNAMENTS AS THAT IS WHERE THE BETTER MONEY IS.I JUST LOVED THE BANTER AND GREAT POKER THAT WAS PLAYED SO I KNOW THIS WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.dav
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    webby234
    Posted by webby234
    FOR ONCE I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.

YOU PROB KNOW I WANT TO PUT I H--- T--- H---S

BUT JUST FOR YOU I WILL PUT

HOPE THIS HELPS

LETS KEEP THIS FREEROLL.dav
  • edited December 2009

I loved this tourny stated that many times was such a good laugh but if the suits have decided to stop it really think we should respect that, theres still the tko going on and im sure in the new year there will be more kind gestures from them.

As far as people posting just to get in it, the first week yeah maybe there was a couple who went a little post crazy, but after that I dont believe there was.

People were psoting +1 after posts and answering posts with 1 or 2 words long before this came along. 

Its already been said but the money didnt matter to msot who took part, yeah nobody was gonig to turn there nose up at £75 if they won it, but it was all about friends getting together and having a goodlaugh whilst playing cards.  its been mentioned on another thread about keeping the tournament but taking away the prize money, I tihnk this shows what people loved about it.

Gareth

• edited December 2009
        yes ,     the one real bonus of this tournament is that it's the REAL community from the forum getting together for a game  of poker being played it the way  LIVE poker gets played, with friends and conversation amongst nearly all who play in it   So good to have been a part of this game ...   glk all benny
  • edited December 2009
    I AM IN A CONTROVERSIAL MOOD TODAY . I DISAGREE WITH THE LOT OF YOU . SCRAP THE POSTERS FREE ROLL FOR GOOD AND BRING IN A NEW CONCEPT . I SUGGEST A  £5.000  FREE ROLL AND ONLY REALLY STUPID POSTS LIKE THIS ONE COUNT .
  • edited December 2009
    As it's a freeroll there would have been a dedicated amount of marketing spend which by all accounts has already gone £1250 over what was originally allocated so i don't hink they will bring it back for good. It has been a good little incetive to the forum though and was a lot better than 99.9% of freerolls anywhere
  • edited December 2009
    I am another one that will agree that the Posters free roll was a very good thing but why should Sky keep it going after the promotion money has been spent. Sky Rich managed to keep it going for an extra four weeks but all good things must come to an end.

Sky Rich has already said that there could be other promotional game in the near future and he is someone that the forum believes and trusts.

After the first couple of weeks of inane one word posts, the forum returned to normal and most of the people that usually posted are still doing so at regular intervals.

I have noticed that the number of post and threads this week is more than ever and there is no more Posters free roll as an incentive to make prople post their comments, This just goes to prove that the community is still thriving.
  • edited December 2009
    the money on offer in the posters freeroll was for me, and i'm sure many others, irrelevant.

the posters freeroll gave 50 or so of us, of a wide range of abilities meaning we would rarely play on the same tables, the chance to play together for  one game during the week.  The chat in this game was brilliant because it was with people who had contributed together to threads in the forum during the week.

Normally when i play a game of poker, and someone asks how i got on i say something along the lines of "i came ?th out of ?, and won £? or didnt win." But last night, when my partner asked me about the posters freeroll I didnt mention where I came.  I simply said, i'd had a good laugh, chatting with other players i think of as friends rather than online strangers, and enjoyed it.  The result just wasnt relevant, because that wasnt the point of the freeroll.  And anyone that played in them will tell you the same.  if they cashed, that was a bonus, but it wasnt why they were playing it.

So i add my name to the list.  The promo money for a posters freeroll may be spent, but it doesnt matter because the posters freeroll doesnt need money.  Its the game that is the real prize.

Ray
  • edited December 2009
    brilliantly said ray
  • edited December 2009
    brilliantly said ray
    Posted by webby234
    +1 webby,we could still have this tourney where say only the winner got free entry to a nominated tourny.
  • edited December 2009
    Could there be a point in the tourney continuing for the top 50 posters each week but without the prize pool?

If the money is irrelevant (as many of the players here have stated) would people be prepared to play 'just for fun'. Top 50 posters are invited to play and if they dont want to, they can simply deregister. If its all for the banter and Sky are stopping it cos its a money issue would people be prepared to play for free?