You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

petition for postes freeroll to survive!!

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    well guys i dont agree .. rather than see a freeroll for spongers id rather see a smaller rake on the site .. imo   im sorry if a lot of people rely on freerolls but posters freeroll just means people post with nothing constructive to say , just emphisise on getting in the freeroll !!!!

IMO i only i know alot of spongers wont agree !!
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with ray--we dont play in to win--I got out in 20th just so I could look in the lobby and see myself underneath borobabe--brilliant result---ner ner na ner ner!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!!:
    well guys i dont agree .. rather than see a freeroll for spongers id rather see a smaller rake on the site .. imo   im sorry if a lot of people rely on freerolls but posters freeroll just means people post with nothing constructive to say , just emphisise on getting in the freeroll !!!!  IMO i only i know alot of spongers wont agree !!
    Posted by chackwow
    I can guarantee that the players in this freeroll don't "rely" on freeroll money.

Entrants in this were there as a laugh and the money on offer was a perk if you picked some up. This is for the people who contribute most to the forum.

Sure there was some one liners that were counted within the posts but if you check the contributions of each of the posters in it you'll find the majority giving advice in stratagy sections, others helping with questions about site rules, forum rules, others that help advertise specific events and all of them are in numerous TKO threads as part of the community.

With only 3 posts to your name it's a bit of a liberty to come on and tell people they are spongers because they enjoyed a community based incentiive ????
  • edited December 2009
    It's not about the money, like Ray an Benny both said it was more along the lines of a get together an a catch up but without jeremy kyle, coffee & biscuits in the equation!!

how about we keep the tourney but call it another name like " The Forum Champion's Challenge Cup " no prize money just bragging rights for the week! with a little picture of a little gold cup on the winners avatar??

Sound good?
  • edited December 2009
    i mentioned this in another thread but how about you all enter the forum deepstack (Tuesday 7.30). it always has a small field so if you all entered it would very much be the forum deepstack
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!! : the same names , clarify you saying all 51 players, last nite , were posting all week, to get on a freeroll .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    No, not all the same player's obviously. But most people on this forum know there are certain people who add short, pointless post's, just to get their count up. I have played two of the freeroll's, and really enjoyed them, but I'm not prepared to reply to post's with one liner's just to get into a freeroll, but some people do.
  • edited December 2009
     If people want this so much, why not make a tourny which is only available for the top 60 posters in the forums?

Like any other tourny it will have a buy in, £5 + 50 probably, but a condition of entry is that you have been within the top so many users of the forum the previous week?

If people want it so bad, they will enter it.

Have a vote for the buy in....2 quid 3 quid whatever....

Just an idea - haven't read through the whole thread so sorry if sum1 has suggested this already! DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    i mentioned this in another thread but how about you all enter the forum deepstack (Tuesday 7.30). it always has a small field so if you all entered it would very much be the forum deepstack
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Rich, are you on some sort of bonus incentive based on getting increased numbers into the forum deepstack ;).
    it's not a bad idea, although its a tue rather than a wed, so i dont know how that would affect each individuals ability to play.

How much is this tournament to enter?, as I would consider playing if it was only a couple of quid.

The only problem is that no matter how many of us played this tournament, I dont think it would be quite the same as a dedicated posters freeroll.  But I'd be interested in others thoughts...

cheers rich

ray
  • edited December 2009
    ha no, i just like the name of it!

it is £5.50.

• edited December 2009
    I say good riddance, might stop all the pointless post's and reply's by certain people, who are so desperate to get into a freeroll they will reply with oneliner's to anything, that's why the same name's were on the list every week, sad.
    Posted by chirker
    OMGG U HAVE NO IDEA THE SAD PERSON AROUND HERE.

• edited December 2009

U R SO WRONG CHIRKER!!!

I POST COS ITS FUN AND INTERESTING AND I ENJOY READING OTHER PPLS OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES, I LIKE SHARING MINE 2.

ITS NOT SO I CAN GET IN2 THE POSTERS FREEROLL.

IF I COULD PLAY WITH THE SAME PPL BUT I HAD 2 PAY 4 THE TOURNY I WOULD COS ITS A LAUGH AND VERY EJOYABLE AND I LOVE THE BANTER AND DECENT PLAY.

• edited December 2009
    I agree with fallen here.  Ive played it 3 times, and, barring the last one, had a good laugh at the tables (littluns playin up on last one).
    I see what some are saying about 1 liners etc, but I think the whole point of this promotion was to get the 1 liners to get into the community spirit and stick around, which may have worked.
    Sorry to phill12uk, I couldnt play if there was nothing to be won, however much of a laff it was. I just couldnt lol.
    It would be good to have the posts vetted for quality and not just quantity, for entry requirements but obv that takes man hours as well.

Twas good while it lasted guys, now get ur hands in ur pockets lol
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich

At £5.50, the forum deepstack would be a bit expensive for me.  I know its only a fiver in the grand scheme of things, but in terms of my poker, it would have me playing outwith my means and I'd be playing with scared money to an extent.

The thing with the posters freeroll was that it was played by people of different abilities and bankrolls, including many that wouldnt play a freeroll under normal circumstances.  being free, I could play with much bigger and better players without the fear attached to a staked investment.  I also knew I was playing with other people who had all contributed to the forums through the week, and were friends who had a shared interest in the community aspect of the site, so i could feel comfortable playing with them, even if i made a bad move.

The nature of qualifying for the posters freeroll through posting in the community meant it was like a home game with friends, while any scheduled tournament such as the forum deepstack would be less so.  I dont mean this to be overly insular, and i certainly dont want to criticise sky poker.  At the end of the day, we all appreciated this tournament and are ultimately thankful for having had the opportunity to enjoy it.  And as noted elsewhere, your efforts in having this extended in the first place are something we are also grateful for.

Cheers Rich

Ray
  • edited December 2009
    I agree with fallen here.  Ive played it 3 times, and, barring the last one, had a good laugh at the tables (littluns playin up on last one). I see what some are saying about 1 liners etc, but I think the whole point of this promotion was to get the 1 liners to get into the community spirit and stick around, which may have worked. Sorry to phill12uk, I couldnt play if there was nothing to be won, however much of a laff it was. I just couldnt lol. It would be good to have the posts vetted for quality and not just quantity, for entry requirements but obv that takes man hours as well. Twas good while it lasted guys, now get ur hands in ur pockets lol
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Me neither mate but thought I'd add the suggestion into the mix!
  • edited December 2009
    U R SO WRONG CHIRKER!!! I POST COS ITS FUN AND INTERESTING AND I ENJOY READING OTHER PPLS OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES, I LIKE SHARING MINE 2. ITS NOT SO I CAN GET IN2 THE POSTERS FREEROLL. IF I COULD PLAY WITH THE SAME PPL BUT I HAD 2 PAY 4 THE TOURNY I WOULD COS ITS A LAUGH AND VERY EJOYABLE AND I LOVE THE BANTER AND DECENT PLAY.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Look, i'm just saying that i'm glad it's gone. That's my opinion and i'm entitled to it, just as you are to your's. Obviously not everyone posted to get into the freeroll, but i'm sure there were a few that did, that's all i was saying. Don't take it so personal, that you have to defend yourself, as i wasn't referring to you.
  • edited December 2009
    IIn Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!!:
    In Response to Re: petition for postes freeroll to survive!! : Look, i'm just saying that i'm glad it's gone. That's my opinion and i'm entitled to it, just as you are to your's. Obviously not everyone posted to get into the freeroll, but i'm sure there were a few that did, that's all i was saying. Don't take it so personal, that you have to defend yourself, as i wasn't referring to you.
    Posted by chirker

IM NOT DEFENDING MYSELF, IM STATING A FACT!!!!!

AND MAYBE SOME PPL DID ABUSE BUT MOST DIDNT

AND

YES IT IS A SHAME THAT ITS ENDED
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich At £5.50, the forum deepstack would be a bit expensive for me.  I know its only a fiver in the grand scheme of things, but in terms of my poker, it would have me playing outwith my means and I'd be playing with scared money to an extent. The thing with the posters freeroll was that it was played by people of different abilities and bankrolls, including many that wouldnt play a freeroll under normal circumstances.  being free, I could play with much bigger and better players without the fear attached to a staked investment.  I also knew I was playing with other people who had all contributed to the forums through the week, and were friends who had a shared interest in the community aspect of the site, so i could feel comfortable playing with them, even if i made a bad move. The nature of qualifying for the posters freeroll through posting in the community meant it was like a home game with friends, while any scheduled tournament such as the forum deepstack would be less so.  I dont mean this to be overly insular, and i certainly dont want to criticise sky poker.  At the end of the day, we all appreciated this tournament and are ultimately thankful for having had the opportunity to enjoy it.  And as noted elsewhere, your efforts in having this extended in the first place are something we are also grateful for. Cheers Rich Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    I agree with you that £5.50 is outside some players BR and I also would be playing with scared money if I entered it.
    I enjoyed playing the Posters free roll because it was made up of various players with different abilities and the banter was the best.
  • edited December 2009
    it was good fun while it lasted anyway....good luck to all forum regulars! :)
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009

i must say i admire your honest buistboy ,

heres my idea for what its worth,

sky crates a new £1 deeepstack or mtt

we all pay in £1 + 20p rake = £1.20p,

sky add £50 pound for a week or two as a tester,

a deepstack would give us more play and chat time ,

now the tough part ,

who gets in ?

all ideas good or bad welcome ,

your irish m8 rover .