You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

folding AA

13»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Give this thread a bump when you next fold your Aces to pre-flop action and it turns out you'd have trebled up, because 70% of the time, that's what's going to happen.

Did anyone see the Turbo coverage tonight, was well weird. Aces held up, shorter stacks won all-ins, it was absolutely crazy!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: folding AA:
    Give this thread a bump when you next fold your Aces to pre-flop action and it turns out you'd have trebled up, because 70% of the time, that's what's going to happen. Did anyone see the Turbo coverage tonight, was well weird. Aces held up, shorter stacks won all-ins, it was absolutely crazy!
    Posted by bbMike
    not be doing that mate not be playing no more not enjoying playing no more so when you get like that its time to quit not wasteing no more money just sitting there watching the same cards getting dealt and going out to larger stack everytime not poker to me that, and  and no im not saying its rigged so good luck to everyone
  • edited July 2013
    Ok mate take care, if you're not enjoying it and you're not making money there aren't many more excuses to spend time on it.

Good luck out there.
  • edited July 2013
    Ok mate take care, if you're not enjoying it and you're not making money there aren't many more excuses to spend time on it. Good luck out there.
    Posted by bbMike
    don't play to make money ,play for fun and try and breakeven or just under each month but not happened for 9 months now so throwing money away all the time may aswell play bingo or stick it on horse but on William hill instead as not donateing to sky no more
  • edited July 2013
      Let us leave AA out of this for a second and just list some simple truths here. Follow these and learn.

Playing a hand perfectly and losing =  Good play
      Playing a hand badly and winning =  Bad play
      Making a bad fold and you would have lost = Bad play
      Making a good fold and you would have won = Good play

Winning or losing the individual hand is totally irrelevant. Good play is good play and bad play is bad play. Good play time and time again will make a winning player. Bad play time and time again makes a losing player
  • edited July 2013
      Let us leave AA out of this for a second and just list some simple truths here. Follow these and learn.   Playing a hand perfectly and losing =  Good play   Playing a hand badly and winning =  Bad play   Making a bad fold and you would have lost = Bad play   Making a good fold and you would have won = Good play   Winning or losing the individual hand is totally irrelevant. Good play is good play and bad play is bad play. Good play time and time again will make a winning player. Bad play time and time again makes a losing player
    Posted by Talon
    Explain that 3rd line to me, I've read it a few times, can't work it out. A bad fold and would have lost is bad play? Thanks in advance.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: folding AA : Explain that 3rd line to me, I've read it a few times, can't work it out. A bad fold and would have lost is bad play? Thanks in advance.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
      That would be like the op. Folding aces. It is a bad fold. The result doesnt matter you shouldnt have made the fold
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: folding AA : Explain that 3rd line to me, I've read it a few times, can't work it out. A bad fold and would have lost is bad play? Thanks in advance.
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Yeah like OP.... folds AA, then says 'well I would have lost to a set' so therefore it's a good fold. The result doesn't stop it being a bad fold pre
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: folding AA : don't play to make money ,play for fun and try and breakeven or just under each month but not happened for 9 months now so throwing money away all the time may aswell play bingo or stick it on horse but on William hill instead as not donateing to sky no more
    Posted by screwy27
    LOL I give up! It was an [OR] clause! Ideally you can have fun [AND] win money, but it's still understandable to continue playing if you fulfil only one of those criteria. You describe having neither, so even if your reasons for not enjoying it maybe suspect or statistically flawed, it doesn't change the fact that you're not enjoying it and should therefore spend your time on something else. Life's too short and all that. Again, GL.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: folding AA : LOL I give up! It was an [OR] clause! Ideally you can have fun and win money, but it's still understandable to continue playing if you fulfil only one of those criteria. You describe having neither, so even if your reasons for not enjoying it maybe suspect or statistically flawed, it doesn't change the fact that you're not enjoying it and should therefore spend your time on something else. Life's too short and all that. Again, GL.
    Posted by bbMike
    lost cause mike, no point bothering, he will realise one day but until then its pointless trying to educate someone that dosn't want to learn.
  • edited July 2013
      Let us leave AA out of this for a second and just list some simple truths here. Follow these and learn.   Playing a hand perfectly and losing =  Good play   Playing a hand badly and winning =  Bad play   Making a bad fold and you would have lost = Bad play   Making a good fold and you would have won = Good play   Winning or losing the individual hand is totally irrelevant. Good play is good play and bad play is bad play. Good play time and time again will make a winning player. Bad play time and time again makes a losing player
    Posted by Talon
    Great post!
  • edited July 2013
    Depends on how much money someone wants to give me to fold AA pre - other than the money considerations it's never a fold unless you have 2/3 all ins before you - then it gets tricky.

• edited July 2013
    Oh ok I see Lambert and Talon. Thanks guys.
  • edited August 2013
    Depends on how much money someone wants to give me to fold AA pre - other than the money considerations it's never a fold unless you have 2/3 all ins before you - then it gets tricky.
    Posted by rancid
    had 2 all ins before me,thats why I folded 1 maybe would of called
  • edited August 2013
    and my AA just gone out to K5 larger stack 2 pairs lol
  • edited August 2013
    Please not this again.