You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
First in. Nothing to add.

Comments

• edited August 2013

Hi all,

Hope you’re all still enjoying the good weather.

Your next live broadcast from Sky Poker TV is TONIGHT and it’s the biggest game of the week!

THE PRIMO

The show runs from 7pm – Midnight.

And your hosts are: this bloke

Richard Orford

and that bloke

Ross Jarvis

In the mix this Sunday:

7pm- Final table coverage from Thursday night's £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

8pm- midnight- Live coverage of the Sunday Night Primo!

Now, all banter, questions, hand requests, SPT memories and the like will be gratefully received- either on this thread or via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And here’s a question for you: 

What’s the best thing you’ve ever done with some poker winnings?

Bought a box of chocolates/ an iPad/ a car/ a house?

Paid off a debt/mortgage?

Used it to enter a bigger a poker competition?

Holiday/trip/life experience?

Or something else entirely?

It doesn’t matter how big or small the poker winnings were, what did you do with them that sticks out in your mind as a particularly satisfactory way to have spent them?

There may be a free tourney seat for the most outstanding viewer message of the night!

Get your thoughts down and see you tonight at 7!

• edited August 2013
    don't know about the best thing i've done with poker winnings but withdrew some money that i wom on the primo last week and bought a gaming pc should be delivered by tuesday. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    don't know about the best thing i've done with poker winnings but withdrew some money that i wom on the primo last week and bought a gaming pc should be delivered by tuesday. 
    Posted by scwuffy54

Yeah, a gaming PC is pretty decent. Thanks scwuffy. 

Anyone else?
  • edited August 2013
    hey guys hope you have good show tomorrow my 1st big poker win was £2400 and I just recently passed my driving test back then prob about 5 years ago so bought a wee red corsa for around £900 and the rest went to pay for my car insurance just paid it off in full prob one the most sensible things I done with my money.

scwuffy so jealous I want a new pc maybe my uncle bryan will get me one wink wink.
  • edited August 2013

I ran deep in a big tournament for around $14,000 I used it as a deposit for my first home, but that same day I came 2nd in the primo for around £1.2k which went to buying all new front room furniture.

Kalie x

• edited August 2013
    In my early days before I discovered Sky I did ok on 'that big site' (back in like 2005) which got closed down for a while and used the money to pay for my driving lessons/test which I passed first time (gotta get a brag in)
  • edited August 2013
    Nice. Keep 'em coming, please!
  • edited August 2013
    brought wba football club with my winnings :):):)now you no why west brom are doing so well Richard :):):)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    brought wba football club with my winnings :):):)now you no why west brom are doing so well Richard :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    You won a £3 DYM once then, Paige? Well played...

;-)
  • edited August 2013
    hey guys hope you have good show tomorrow my 1st big poker win was £2400 and I just recently passed my driving test back then prob about 5 years ago so bought a wee red corsa for around £900 and the rest went to pay for my car insurance just paid it off in full prob one the most sensible things I done with my money. scwuffy so jealous I want a new pc maybe my uncle bryan will get me one wink wink.
    Posted by liamboi11

yeah william i'll byu you one after you give your uncle bryan your seat for newcastle lol
  • edited August 2013
    Just qualified for tonights primo at the first time of asking cannot complain
  • edited August 2013
    I bought myself a dog. It took about 2 years of poker winnings to save up for, which probably says more about my ability as a poker player than the actual cost of the dog.

He's nearly 3 and my most prized possesion.
  • edited August 2013
    I once spent 3 hours at a cash table... ended 55p up.   Then proceeded to drive to the services at 2am to buy a pain au chocolat for 55p.  That was a great night.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    I bought myself a dog. It took about 2 years of poker winnings to save up for, which probably says more about my ability as a poker player than the actual cost of the dog. He's nearly 3 and my most prized possesion.
    Posted by numb2itall
    Hi mate, can you email the photo in on skyopen@bskyb.com as we can't access it on the forum. Cheers. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread*** : Hi mate, can you email the photo in on skyopen@bskyb.com as we can't access it on the forum. Cheers. 
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Done it, Rich.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread*** : Done it, Rich.
    Posted by numb2itall
    Ta!
  • edited August 2013
    Rich and Ross, I can assure you both, Charlie is very,very well looked after and maintained. He's the apple of my other half's eye and he's fed better and shown more love than I get, I can tell you that for free :-) 
  • edited August 2013
    hi guys
    with my winnings today i bought a ticket to the final day at old trafford tomorrow, now just need to win the world series and buy a dome to cover manchester from the inevitable rain!
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Rich and Ross,have a good show.
    Just won a seat in to nights Primo!

In 2011, won £1600 on the Thursday(SPT week) in an MTT and this paid for my trip to Cardiff SPt.
    In 2012 , won £1600 on the Thursday (SPT week) in an MTT and this paid for my trip to the Nottingham SPT.
    No luck this year(won a few MTTs,but not big enough to cover SPT expenses).
    Lets hope this changes tonight and I will be on my way to Newcastle! in September!
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Rich and Ross.

The best thing I have ever done with my poker winnings was treating myself to a new 3D telly. I then proceeded to lose the rest of my winnings over a 6 month period after relaxing my rules on bankroll management.......lesson learnt.

Oh well at least I have the telly to watch 861 and learn how not to blow the lot again!

• edited August 2013
    I won £6 and used it to buy into a bountyhunter, Which I'm still in having taken one head.....I'M POKER PRO!!!!
  • edited August 2013
    Rich and Ross, what are your feeling on late registration/buyin...do you do it? is advantagous.
  • edited August 2013
    tickets are only £20-£25 (limited avaialability) but you gotta be aware the forecast is shocking
  • edited August 2013
    I won £600 in a live tourny in 2009 and spent it on a trip to Paris, the intention was to propose at the top of the Effiel Tower..... however I got the jitters (don't like heights) so proposed at the bottom, she said no :-( So I'm glad I didn't make the effort getting to the top. I don't speak to the witch anymore but I'm still playing poker so I guess it all worked out well.
  • edited August 2013

hi ross, rich.

i was born in melbourne hence the ID.  uk most of my life, edinburgh for the last 25 years.

ps.  it was fab flop top straight but there were still outs

• edited August 2013
    Oh I'm good.

Not oh me good, or O him good...Oh I'm good.
  • edited August 2013
    cheers for showing my hand guys. Had my bustout hand from the BH on thursday shown on the channel so nice to have a winning one make the show
  • edited August 2013
    Hand History #677403409 (20:31 04/08/2013)please check this hand out, I was about to value bet the river and then this happens. No idea where I was and looking back it looks like a busted draw ergh

cover cards if poss

def should of called this guy has open shoved 3 times since :(
  • edited August 2013
    Hi guys enjoying the show so far keep it up.  Great to see Ross back!

In regards to comedy names i went to school with a guy who was called Justin Case must have had cruel parents lol
  • edited August 2013
    hey richard enjoying the show so far..... if you get the pc in diffrent parts instead of whole package works out cheaper it cost about 450 and if you can get 1000 for my address then that'll be the drinking money for newcastle covered.reason for new pc is wife starting to play poker aswell now so she will use my current one