You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I won my trip to SPT Notts

took me 6 attempts of playing the semi before qualifying.
    however as well as one fail i had 5 cashes where i was on the spt bubble.
    i had 2 min cashes and 2 max cashes. all in all i got my seat at notts, travel, transport and entertainment all paid for. 

Great venue, great poker, great company - all on one big freeroll - must be nice - well i thought so anyway

PS enjoying the show SO FAR
    but have every expectation i will enjoy ALL OF IT - keep it up
  • edited August 2013

does ROSS not mean tommy n mattbates are...

LEG- ENDS
  • edited August 2013
     Although i dont have a famous name i do have a similar situation.

Having long hair and a beard i am continually referred to as jesus christ by random people on the street. So i have worked out the method of replying to these people to put them in their place.

I just turn around and say 3492.
      When they ask what i mean. I tell them that they are the 3492nd person to call me that. This deflates their egos nicely and removes the cheap laughs they were getting.

Hopefully people with the famous names can use a similar reply to help them stop getting the usual boring comments.
  • edited August 2013
    Funny names.

I used to work in a call centre and we'd have to take the callers name...

Guy called up and I asked his name, he replied "Oscar Bravo"

I replied so that's O..B...?

He said no no my name is Oscar Bravo.

My colleague also spoke to a Russell Sprout.

and finally I went to school with an Andy Murray, who was our reserve for the tennis team.
  • edited August 2013
    hand number 677434926 prima  

just got put out  full house done by quads

Queen_king   Judi Blackwell
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Rich and Ross.

Good show as usual with excellent analysis.
    Like the your call in the mag you write for Ross..  Call for me this month/
    Any who.
    Took me months and months to build up a playable  bankroll.
    Felt great jumped up levels and lost the lot  quick time.

Duh
  • edited August 2013
    WON £900 ON THE CHARLOTTE JACKSON FINAL AFTER QUALIFYING THRU A FREEROLE..I BOUGHT MYSELF AND MY SON A SEASON TICKET AT OAKWELL (BARNSLEY FC)  GAVE MY MISSUS THE REST AND NOW SHE JOINED SKYPOKER HERSELF HER NAME IS BOXINGBABE
  • edited August 2013
    Please note i have put spaces in the 4 letter company name below as your software wouldnt let me post the name

Not a person name but a friend of mine worked for a computer company in the late 70's called W a n g Computers. They were a large Japanese owned company.

An example of a mistake in english as a second language was when thy got a directive from customer service in Japan to answer phone calls from customers in futre with the opening phrase.......

"Hello, W a n g cares"

True story, honest
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    Hi Rich and Ross,have a good show. Just won a seat in to nights Primo! In 2011, won £1600 on the Thursday(SPT week) in an MTT and this paid for my trip to Cardiff SPt. In 2012 , won £1600 on the Thursday (SPT week) in an MTT and this paid for my trip to the Nottingham SPT. No luck this year(won a few MTTs,but not big enough to cover SPT expenses). Lets hope this changes tonight and I will be on my way to Newcastle! in September!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hi Rich and Ross,not to be my night,just got knocked out my set aces beaten by flush,could I have played this any other way!
    Hand id 677437277 time 21.29.29
  • edited August 2013

9:55 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 243 457 123 51  
    left 98 130 16    

rossybee16 4 29      
    Sidarlokin 19 8      
    DiggerMan 25 117      
    StayOrGo 34 9      
    Twistfate 36 127      
    Batkin88 37 106      
    Falcon339 38 81      
    AlfPachino 45 78      
    sara36dd08 53 129      
    dylan07 63 63      
    kidgirlgy 70 101      
    jawzindawz 77 16      
    GELDY 78 110      
    2muchlurve 88 119      
    hurst05 90 91      
    Richiegone 91 102      

• edited August 2013
    Hi Rich and Ross.

Good show... so far.  Went out of main and mini tonight.  I should learn not to three barrel bluff when the oppo has flopped a straight.

When I finished 2nd in the main and 1st in the mini on a Thursday night and missed out on the jackpot (still hurts) I bought myself a mac to make me feel better.  I also paid for a holiday to Egypt and have just been to Lanzarote on poker winnings too.

Still think the pain au chocolat was better.
  • edited August 2013

10:30 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 243 457 123 51  
    left 59 63 6    

rossybee16 8 55      
    Sidarlokin 41 22      
    GELDY 44 17      
    Richiegone 50 1      
    jawzindawz 51 41      
    AlfPachino 52 63      

• edited August 2013
    Richard, the only thing going through my mind when you demonstrated the camp driving was "Wax on, Wax off"
    So sad.
  • edited August 2013

10:58 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 243 457 123 51
    left 38 38 1  

Richiegone 32 6    

• edited August 2013
    hi guys
    the call with a8 v q2 was v poor in isolation but he had played 3 hands like that with complete air, in fact had riverd 2 opponents who had flopped something, he raised my bb every round, i had made my mind up to call any flop that wasnt k or maybe q high. Oh well!
  • edited August 2013
    best thing i have spent my winnings on is a buyin to a main event where i won more than triple my bank roll  on a bounty hunter tourament for finnishing in the top 10 because my bank roll is that small i only play 60 ence dyms and every now and again the 2.30 bounty hunter at 5 past 8
  • edited August 2013
    yeah you are probabaly right of course but i gotta get up early and get to old trafford tomorrow, i can mull it over in the rain haha
  • edited August 2013
    First of Ross' shows that I've caught live.  Fantastic work!

Also can someone point Ross towards the Sky Sports News studios across the road to drop off a CV :)
  • edited August 2013
    What a tournament, ran into quads twice once whilst holding a flush. Had rossybee on my left for about 2 hours which put it this way is not fun. One of the hardest but most enjoyable tournament I have played in a while. Shame I only min cashed but worth the time put in for the fun factor!

Excellent show guys, one of the best nights for hand analysis and bet sizing in ages.

Thanks

Kalie

Also I am going to take my min cash and open up a savings account for my daughter who is 3 weeks old! :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live with Rich and Ross ***official TV show thread***:
    What a tournament, ran into quads twice once whilst holding a flush. Had rossybee on my left for about 2 hours which put it this way is not fun. One of the hardest but most enjoyable tournament I have played in a while. Shame I only min cashed but worth the time put in for the fun factor! Excellent show guys, one of the best nights for hand analysis and bet sizing in ages. Thanks Kalie Also I am going to take my min cash and open up a savings account for my daughter who is 3 weeks old! :)
    Posted by Batkin88
    Well done Katie,I see you used my chips well!
    I believe they are going to show the hand at some stage where I donated my chips to you!
    My set of aces against your luckbox flush!