You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2K Championship freeroll

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Does anybody know what the password is to the 2K Championship Freeroll??

Comments

• edited August 2013
    DID YOU FIND OUT THE PASSWORD??

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll:
    DID YOU FIND OUT THE PASSWORD??
    Posted by fudallas
    You Wont Unless your in the  promo for this i think its to do with cash tables possibly !!
  • edited August 2013
    If you don't know the password...there is a reason for it
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : You Wont Unless your in the  promo for this i think its to do with cash tables possibly !!
    Posted by ALANSK100
    Its nothing to do with cash. I have a feeling its use of the other sky products.

What I find extremely annoying is that theres more value to these mtts than for reaching priority. And I also know for a fact there is one player who is playing each one of these and selectively sharing passwords with other players.
  • edited August 2013
    Thats Sky for you, very selective
  • edited August 2013
    Thats Sky for you, very selective
    Posted by boothy23
    Dear lordy......

I WANT AN UMPLA LUMPA AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

Look at yourself in the mirror.  Everyone scrambling around for the password.  Now.  This text will still be here when you get.  Go on then.

You probably haven't but I will continue anyway, and this isn't just to the forum member whose post I am replying to, it's for the spate of people lately begging, hassling and even demanding these freeroll passwords.  Every company, from online gaming to supermarkets to health food shops to gas companies run different promotions.  Certain promotions are targeted.  This is called marketing.  If you have the password then you are in the target market and entitled to play them.  If you have not got the password then you are not invited to the freeroll.  That's it, fini.

This graceless scramble for shots at free money followed by the passive aggressive sniping at people and the site sickens me, have you no self respect?  Have you no dignity?  It seems you do have a misconception of self entitlement without knowing the whys and wherefores of a subject.  You are focussed on several other people being in a promotion and in a show of huff and bluster you beg 'why not me?'  The irony being that if you were in the promotion and the password was leaked therefore drastically reducing your chances to win and the amount up top you would be right here demanding the site take immediate action against the gate crashers and how dare they do it and how dare the site let them.

I'm sure I will get a response saying 'I was just asking' and 'I didn't know they were private.'  I will get told I have been rude.  Well it says private in the lobby and there are people in this thread and others started in the last few weeks whose sole contribution to the forum is begging for freeroll passwords.  I find you to be the sad reflection of the self entitlement and selfishness of modern society.

And yes I am a Mod on this forum.  And yes some people may be offended with some of this content.  And yes, I don't particularly care.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Dear lordy...... I WANT AN UMPLA LUMPA AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!! Look at yourself in the mirror.  Everyone scrambling around for the password.  Now.  This text will still be here when you get.  Go on then. You probably haven't but I will continue anyway, and this isn't just to the forum member whose post I am replying to, it's for the spate of people lately begging, hassling and even demanding these freeroll passwords.  Every company, from online gaming to supermarkets to health food shops to gas companies run different promotions.  Certain promotions are targeted.  This is called marketing.  If you have the password then you are in the target market and entitled to play them.  If you have not got the password then you are not invited to the freeroll.  That's it, fini. This graceless scramble for shots at free money followed by the passive aggressive sniping at people and the site sickens me, have you no self respect?  Have you no dignity?  It seems you do have a misconception of self entitlement without knowing the whys and wherefores of a subject.  You are focussed on several other people being in a promotion and in a show of huff and bluster you beg 'why not me?'  The irony being that if you were in the promotion and the password was leaked therefore drastically reducing your chances to win and the amount up top you would be right here demanding the site take immediate action against the gate crashers and how dare they do it and how dare the site let them. I'm sure I will get a response saying 'I was just asking' and 'I didn't know they were private.'  I will get told I have been rude.  Well it says private in the lobby and there are people in this thread and others started in the last few weeks whose sole contribution to the forum is begging for freeroll passwords.  I find you to be the sad reflection of the self entitlement and selfishness of modern society. And yes I am a Mod on this forum.  And yes some people may be offended with some of this content.  And yes, I don't particularly care.
    Posted by TommyD
    This is in my top 3 all time posts! Well said sir!
  • edited August 2013

Whatever.....is umpla lumpa the password then??
  • edited August 2013
    Whats the password Tommy? ;)
  • edited August 2013
    I don't want to gate crash the 2K party!! 
    I would love to know which secret society I need to join to be eligible to play!! 

Just give us a clue. 
    Please
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll: Not rude, just rather pompous and full of self importance
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Dear lordy...... I WANT AN UMPLA LUMPA AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!! Look at yourself in the mirror.  Everyone scrambling around for the password.  Now.  This text will still be here when you get.  Go on then. You probably haven't but I will continue anyway, and this isn't just to the forum member whose post I am replying to, it's for the spate of people lately begging, hassling and even demanding these freeroll passwords.  Every company, from online gaming to supermarkets to health food shops to gas companies run different promotions.  Certain promotions are targeted.  This is called marketing.  If you have the password then you are in the target market and entitled to play them.  If you have not got the password then you are not invited to the freeroll.  That's it, fini. This graceless scramble for shots at free money followed by the passive aggressive sniping at people and the site sickens me, have you no self respect?  Have you no dignity?  It seems you do have a misconception of self entitlement without knowing the whys and wherefores of a subject.  You are focussed on several other people being in a promotion and in a show of huff and bluster you beg 'why not me?'  The irony being that if you were in the promotion and the password was leaked therefore drastically reducing your chances to win and the amount up top you would be right here demanding the site take immediate action against the gate crashers and how dare they do it and how dare the site let them. I'm sure I will get a response saying 'I was just asking' and 'I didn't know they were private.'  I will get told I have been rude.  Well it says private in the lobby and there are people in this thread and others started in the last few weeks whose sole contribution to the forum is begging for freeroll passwords.  I find you to be the sad reflection of the self entitlement and selfishness of modern society. And yes I am a Mod on this forum.  And yes some people may be offended with some of this content.  And yes, I don't particularly care.
    Posted by TommyD
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Dear lordy...... I WANT AN UMPLA LUMPA AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!! 
    Posted by TommyD
    I saw one of those at the last SPT.  It may of been Mattbates though, I was slightly drunk
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : This is in my top 3 all time posts! Well said sir!
    Posted by Batkin88

+1
  • edited August 2013
    Hey sikas I have done what you said and set a BR for cash and am going for it!
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by TommyD
    What A Joke How is This A Top Post Get Over Yourself An Show Some Respect
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : What A Joke How is This A Top Post Get Over Yourself An Show Some Respect
    Posted by eizey
    Earn it.
  • edited August 2013
    And yes some people may be offended with some of this content.  And yes, I don't particularly care.
    Posted by TommyD
    I have found Sky care, the MODS on here may not be interested and may not care..But when I rang Sky to turn off Skysports, Sky movies, Sky broadband and Sky phoneline and wanted to move it all to BT and BT Sports and quoted this forum as the reason SKY CARED..

So I would say, if you have other Sky services and feel representitives of Sky treat you unfairly on here. Ring BskyB and tell them you want to cancel and tell them the reason.

An also screen print TommyD's quote, there is a lot of social media out there and other poker forums that will love it. If all you've done is ask a question and voiced a greavance then a MOD being rude to you is un-nessacary. A simple, "there are always various promotions running at any one time, please go to the promotions page where you will find other offers/promotions you can take part in" would of been an intelligent, sensible, respectful answer.

One would imagine Sky picked TommyD as MOD for a reason, and being a MOD (I'm an official XBOX.COM/UK moderator) means ou do get asked the same question over and over. An you just have to answer politely and point users in the right direction.
  • edited August 2013

Umpa Lumpa Doopidy Doo
    I have a Freeroll password for you

Umpa Lump Doopidy Dee
    If you are wise you will get in for free

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : I have found Sky care, if the MODS on here may not be interested and may not care..But when I rang Sky to turn off Skysports, Sky movies, Sky broadband and Skyphoneline ad wanted to move it all to BT and BT Sports and quoted this forum as the reason SKY CARED.. So I would say, if you have other Sky services and feel representitives of Sky treat you unfairly on here. Ring BskyB and tell them you want ot cancel and tell them the reason. An also screen print TommyD's quote, there is a lot of social media out there and other poker forums that will love it. If all you've done is ask a question and voiced a greavance then a MOD being rude to you is un-nessacary. A simple, "there are always various promotions running at any one time, please go to the promotions page where you will find other offers/promotions you can tae part in" would of been an intelligent, sensible, respectful answer. One would imagine Sky picked TommyD as MOD for a reason, and being a MOD (I'm an official XBOX.COM/UK moderator) means ou do get asked the same question over and over. An you just have to answer politely and point users in the right direction.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD

Throwing the toys out of the pram a little don't you think? Threatening to cancel all your sky services because you can't get into a free roll? Bit extreme in my opinion

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Throwing the toys out of the pram a little don't you think? Threatening to cancel all your sky services because you can't get into a free roll? Bit extreme in my opinion
    Posted by jdsallstar

LOL, I didn't ring sky to cancel due to a freeroll LMAO....I hate big numbers MTT's that take hours to finish they're horrid.

But, I was banned from here and no reason given, it just put me of the Sky brand as a whole as it felt a bit dodgy. No reason given or explanation when I enquired, Why would I want to continue paying £105 a month to a company I don't trust? Anyway, it was sorted but to be honest it has effected my opinion of Sky as brand.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : I have found Sky care, if the MODS on here may not be interested and may not care..But when I rang Sky to turn off Skysports, Sky movies, Sky broadband and Skyphoneline ad wanted to move it all to BT and BT Sports and quoted this forum as the reason SKY CARED.. So I would say, if you have other Sky services and feel representitives of Sky treat you unfairly on here. Ring BskyB and tell them you want ot cancel and tell them the reason. An also screen print TommyD's quote, there is a lot of social media out there and other poker forums that will love it. If all you've done is ask a question and voiced a greavance then a MOD being rude to you is un-nessacary. A simple, "there are always various promotions running at any one time, please go to the promotions page where you will find other offers/promotions you can tae part in" would of been an intelligent, sensible, respectful answer.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    To the first emboldened part, you're completely misunderstanding me.  I do care about the forum, the members and the site.  More than most.  I have helped an extraordinary amount of people on here in terms of technical queries, poker strategy and a various array of other areas.  My meaning was some people who are trying to get the passwords may be offended by that one particular post and I still don't care about that.

To the second part, several times I have tried the nice polite PC answer.  It's not taking, it's not getting through.  Do you think I don't look at member's post history before making such a reply?  Do you think I fail to look at the background, fail to look at the big picture, not try to work out what the true intention or motivation is?  Or do you think I am able to interpret a post as I see fit and reply to that perceived interpretation to fit my reply and my own pre determined meaning/angle before I really read the words I am replying to?  Never the later Sir, not from me.

Have I been that rude?  Not really, blunt yes and expressed my own opinions of course.  But if that's the rudest thing you see in a day you've had a good day.

Oh and feel free to question my intelligence in such a subtle way Sir.  Even better, be blunt.  I welcome that.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : To the first emboldened part, BLAH BLAH  I welcome that.
    Posted by TommyD
    You're forum tilted lol, go relax chillout don't take it personally. An I didn't question your intelligence, I offered a more stable and reasoned way of replying. I also suggest a disclaimer that...

Anything I post on this forum are my own opinions and do not represent the opinions of BskyB.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : You're forum tilted lol, go relax chillout don't take it personally. An I didn't question your intelligence, I offered a more stable and reasoned way of replying. I also suggest a disclaimer that... Anything I post on this forum are my own opinions and do not represent the opinions of BskyB.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Gees, you should have said if you were going to take 'blah blah' as a relevant reply, would have saved me a ton of time :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Gees, you should have said if you were going to take 'blah blah' as a relevant reply, would have saved me a ton of time :)
    Posted by TommyD
    To be honest, when you're typing away in the moment with your 10000 word reply just remember, 90% of members will just see BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH. 90% of your posts could be condensed into much smaller, informed, replys. You spend to long trying to justify your reply, just focus on the main points, clear an concise.

It prevents moderators from getting drawn into needless arguments.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : To be honest, when you're typing away in the moment with your 10000 word reply just remember, 90% of members will just see BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH. 90% of your posts could be condensed into much smaller, informed, replys. You spend to long trying to justify your reply, just focus on the main points, clear an concise. It prevents moderators from getting drawn into needless arguments.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    I like to give the majority of the members of this forum a lot more credit than that Sir.

But hey, if we all posted the same way then the place would be boring.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : I like to give the majority of the members of this forum a lot more credit than that Sir. But hey, if we all posted the same way then the place would be boring.
    Posted by TommyD
    Without sounding like a total suck up, I generally agree with what Tommy has to say on here and appreciate the amount of time he puts into his posts to give a full and justifiable answer/opinion.  To me at least, it shows that he cares a bit more about the community than the other standard mod repliers. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : LOL, I didn't ring sky to cancel due to a freeroll LMAO....I hate big numbers MTT's that take hours to finish they're horrid. But, I was banned from here and no reason given, it just put me of the Sky brand as a whole as it felt a bit dodgy. No reason given or explanation when I enquired, Why would I want to continue paying £105 a month to a company I don't trust? Anyway, it was sorted but to be honest it has effected my opinion of Sky as brand.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD

Ok so you phoned sky threatening to cancel your sky subscriptions because you got banned from a forum?! Really?!

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Ok so you phoned sky threatening to cancel your sky subscriptions because you got banned from a forum?! Really?!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Nope, I said I will cancel if I'm not given a clear explanation as to why I was banned. Becausse if you don't tell me what I did wrong how can I ensure I don't do it again. I explained that distrust is not good for Sky, especially within a poker site.

An that SkyPoker is carrying the Sky brand, I have been a Sky customer for over 20 years and used all their help and support forums problem free. The point is, its my money, I work hard for it, I WILL NOT give it to a company I do not trust.

Be that for TV services, Broadband services, Phone services, or Betting/gambling/poker. If I don't believe in the ethics, you're not getting my money.
  • edited August 2013
    ANYWAY,,,

It is now very apparent to me, Skypoker as a site is extremely well run and regulated. Skypoker FORUM is a bit cliquey and follows it own rules. Do not confuse the 2 (although the foum is a great asset to Skypoker)

I know for a fact Tikay wants to expand the forum to a wider communtiy, and what the forum regulars think is important is not always what is good for the Skypoker USER base.
  • edited August 2013
    why not just try and guess the password if you want it so bad?  All these posts are like butter melting, 66 times a day someone asks for the password, read between the lines, its in my thread somewhere :) have fun
    Posted by tra_sexton
    this post wont last