You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2K Championship freeroll

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll:
    ANYWAY,,, It is now very apparent to me, Skypoker as a site is extremely well run and regulated. Skypoker FORUM is a bit cliquey and follows it own rules. Do not confuse the 2 (although the foum is a great asset to Skypoker) I know for a fact Tikay wants to expand the forum to a wider communtiy, and what the forum regulars think is important is not always what is good for the Skypoker USER base.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    big +1 ultra clicky
  • edited August 2013
    "
    One would imagine Sky picked TommyD as MOD for a reason, and being a MOD (I'm an official XBOX.COM/UK moderator)"

this is the best brag post since smitty told everyone about his a-level.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Nope, I said I will cancel if I'm not given a clear explanation as to why I was banned. Becausse if you don't tell me what I did wrong how can I ensure I don't do it again. I explained that distrust is not good for Sky, especially within a poker site. An that SkyPoker is carrying the Sky brand, I have been a Sky customer for over 20 years and used all their help and support forums problem free. The point is, its my money, I work hard for it, I WILL NOT give it to a company I do not trust. Be that for TV services, Broadband services, Phone services, or Betting/gambling/poker. If I don't believe in the ethics, you're not getting my money.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    So you don't trust sky or their ethics yet you didnt cancel your sky services and continue to play and use their poker site? Your principles confuse me!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : So you don't trust sky or their ethics yet you didnt cancel your sky services and continue to play and use their poker site? Your principles confuse me!
    Posted by jdsallstar

I never said I didn't trust Sky, read through the post you'll see I say Skypoker is well run and well regulated. But beyond that the fact I'm here should tell you my issue had a satisfactory resolution.

I've been around long to enough to understand forums need moderators,99.5% of these moderators are good guys here for the community. Ocassionally you get a moderator that feels,,, whats the point in being a moderator if you can't use your mod powers whenever and however you want.

These are the times users get banned for no real reason, infact its often the case a moderator disagrees with you on a personal level then bans you. In those cases there is very often a higher level of support that one can contact. All I'm saying is I was randomly banned with no explanation email or PM, So I enquired as to why.
  • edited August 2013
    " One would imagine Sky picked TommyD as MOD for a reason, and being a MOD (I'm an official XBOX.COM/UK moderator)" this is the best brag post since smitty told everyone about his a-level. cheers, TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat

<3 This needs more love <3
  • edited August 2013
    Im totally neutral here and from what I can see this is somebody's way of annoying (or trying to annoy) a sky moderator because of a bad experience in their past with sky.

I judge Tommy from his posts on a whole and from what I can see sky are lucky to have him as a moderator.

Would one like a scripted reply or a reply from someone that makes some effort. I know which I'd prefer.

My advice to Tommy is not even bother to reply to that guy.
  • edited August 2013
    Im totally neutral here and from what I can see this is somebody's way of annoying (or trying to annoy) a sky moderator because of a bad experience in their past with sky. I judge Tommy from his posts on a whole and from what I can see sky are lucky to have him as a moderator. Would one like a scripted reply or a reply from someone that makes some effort. I know which I'd prefer. My advice to Tommy is not even bother to reply to that guy.
    Posted by gerardirl
    big +1 well said 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 2K Championship freeroll : Dear lordy...... I WANT AN UMPLA LUMPA AND I WANT ONE NOW!!!! Look at yourself in the mirror.  Everyone scrambling around for the password.  Now.  This text will still be here when you get.  Go on then. You probably haven't but I will continue anyway, and this isn't just to the forum member whose post I am replying to, it's for the spate of people lately begging, hassling and even demanding these freeroll passwords.  Every company, from online gaming to supermarkets to health food shops to gas companies run different promotions.  Certain promotions are targeted.  This is called marketing.  If you have the password then you are in the target market and entitled to play them.  If you have not got the password then you are not invited to the freeroll.  That's it, fini. This graceless scramble for shots at free money followed by the passive aggressive sniping at people and the site sickens me, have you no self respect?  Have you no dignity?  It seems you do have a misconception of self entitlement without knowing the whys and wherefores of a subject.  You are focussed on several other people being in a promotion and in a show of huff and bluster you beg 'why not me?'  The irony being that if you were in the promotion and the password was leaked therefore drastically reducing your chances to win and the amount up top you would be right here demanding the site take immediate action against the gate crashers and how dare they do it and how dare the site let them. I'm sure I will get a response saying 'I was just asking' and 'I didn't know they were private.'  I will get told I have been rude.  Well it says private in the lobby and there are people in this thread and others started in the last few weeks whose sole contribution to the forum is begging for freeroll passwords.  I find you to be the sad reflection of the self entitlement and selfishness of modern society. And yes I am a Mod on this forum.  And yes some people may be offended with some of this content.  And yes, I don't particularly care.
    Posted by TommyD
    is this how you encourage new posters and newbies too the community??? my understanding of a community is too make people feel welcome and too include them not put them down in such a disgusting and degrading manner and the fact you are a moderator makes this all the more vile.should you not be encouraging people too post on the forums and contribute too the community? as for the top 3 posts of all time ffs get a grip and grow up..how do you expect the communitty too grow with people like you
  • edited August 2013
    p.s i may be new but we all start somewhere
  • edited August 2013
    TOMMY D.......

legend in his own rights.. lol
  • edited August 2013

Closing this thread before things get out of hand.