You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER RICHARD ,I AM SAYING NOTHING :):):):)

Comments

• edited August 2013

Hi all,

Well, I know for a fact that a lot of you love your football. And obviously you ALL love your poker. So how about this Thursday night we have...?

A NIGHT OF FOOTBALL AND POKER!

The show will run from 7pm – Midnight.

And your hosts will be: 

Me, 

Old Bloke 

and special guests:

Richard Prew aka Tighty aka SPT Rich aka Football Expert

and Chris Spicer football betting stat man

Both will be on hand for a 2 hour special from 8pm discussing all the Sky Bet football betting markets that matter and a whole lot more!

Plenty of poker too so don't sweat it. Here's the full SP-

7pm- Live coverage of the Master Cash tables

8pm-10pm – Football Betting Forum – A look ahead to the 2013/14 football season, with the main focus being the Barclays Premier League, Champions league, Sky Bet Championship and this weekend’s Community Shield. 

10pm-Top Of The Pots – A countdown of the 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the televised Master Cash tables.

11pm- Live late stages of the £12,000 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter where we'll hopefully get down to a final table.

Now, all banter, questions, hand requests, and the like will be gratefully received- either on this thread or via email or via Twitter #skypoker

But obviously we're also looking for... 

Your football betting questions and football predictions!

So- Man U to retain the title? Or will Moyes blow it?

Golden Boot winner? Anelka at West Brom? (I know, wishful thinking), RVP or one of the new boys to the Prem?

Relegation? Will Villa still be in the mix this season or have they got past their worst moment?

First manager to be sacked? Wenger? Just saying...

Don't forget all the other leagues, Champions League and maybe your funny footy predictions as well- e.g. number of times Suarez will kiss the Liverpool badge before jumping ship to Arsenal, etc.

We'd also love your amazing betting stories. Outright winners, accumulators, insane long odd shots etc.

A chance for a good old brag if ever I saw one. Fire away!

There may be a free tourney seat for the most outstanding viewer message of the night!

Looking forward to it!

Get your thoughts down and see you tonight at 7!

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich:
    HAVE A GOOD SHOW AND YOU NO I LOVE YOU,HECK I CANNOT SAY NOTHING CAN I :):):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Don't worry Paige there's still plenty of poker!
  • edited August 2013
    I predict Joey barton to kiss the qpr badge after he scores for them the weekend, then he will tweet how much is he loving life back at qpr and he wants to stay there, the next day he will complete a permanent move to marseille.
  • edited August 2013
    Question for Tighty and Chris:

With the whole Suarez debacle still rumbling on, is there any value in Sturridge to win the Golden Boot, or perhaps finish top 4 in that contest? He's 20/1 with Sky Bet, and top 4 pay out 1/4 the odds.... Got to be a shout rather than the skinny-looking 7/2 on RVP?
  • edited August 2013
    Also, do they see any teams breaking into the top 6 outside of the traditional mix of United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham/Liverpool/Everton? Personally I like the looks of Swansea.
  • edited August 2013
    i would like to ask what tighty and chris think of wilfried bony e/w at 50/1 for the golden boot this season? 1/4 of the odds for top 4? he looks a player and scored plenty last season even if it was in the dutch league!
  • edited August 2013

Mr Orford seems to have forgotten to mention that I will be on the Show, too.
  • edited August 2013

...and that there are tons of satellites into tonight's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Get in cheap!
  • edited August 2013
    Ahhh we'd never forget you Tikay even if Mr Orford has, my shout this season is chelsea to win the title & man utd to only finish in the top four. Secondly, luckily the SPT in Newcastle has fallen on the same dates that me & the mrs go back up north to Ashington to visit her family so will probably be popping up to Aspers to say hello to everyone!! Hope you have a great show guys!!!
    Stuart
  • edited August 2013

Would tonight be an opportune time to mention the Sky Poker Premiership that is running later this month? Sort of ticks both subject boxes tonight. I have also heard (don't quote me on this though) that it is FREE to sign up and join in!

Question for the esteemed football panel.(not including Orford, obv)
    Is it worth sometimes including other sports when placing football bets (like Golf/Cricket/Horse Racing etc) or just sticking to the one sport at a time?

Question for the Baggies Fan.
    Do you know the other two West Brom fans Richard?

Hope you all have a good show tonight and I hope to catch the repeat when it is on.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich:
    Mr Orford seems to have forgotten to mention that I will be on the Show, too.
    Posted by Tikay10

No, you were clearly mentioned. Look again at OP...

And your hosts will be: 

Me, 

Old Bloke 

and special guests:

Richard Prew aka Tighty aka SPT Rich aka Football Expert

and Chris Spicer football betting stat man

• edited August 2013
    We'd also love your amazing betting stories. Outright winners, accumulators, insane long odd shots etc.

A chance for a good old brag if ever I saw one. Fire away!

I predicted the winners of all 5 major Oscar categories this year. Not for the first time either.
    So pleased I didn't put a bet on it.
    *slaps head repeatedly and whimpers*

Any more?
  • edited August 2013
    My question to the panel tonight:

Will this be the tightest Premiership season ever?

I think it might go down to the last couple of games of the season with THREE teams still in the mix (Man U, Man City and Chelsea).

I also think if Suarez goes to Arsenal then they'll be in contention for most the season too, maybe just falling away with a month to go.
  • edited August 2013
    Has the Sky poker channel now become a Skysports betting channel.  Just asking like. Will watch 7-8  and 10-12  that's all, sorry.If 1 want footy I watch skysports news  racing I watch 415  the racing channel.
  • edited August 2013
    Has the Sky poker channel now become a Skysports betting channel.  Just asking like. Will watch 7-8  and 10-12  that's all, sorry.If 1 want footy I watch skysports news  racing I watch 415  the racing channel.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    This subject has been covered off on other threads. Thankfully Sky Sports don't feel the same way when they air the Sky Poker Cash Game on there... 

Considering it's around 2 hours of the 168 in the week which could potentially bring in some new players from the world of sports betting to the poker tables, it doesn't seem too bad a trade off. Anyway, that's a discussion for those other threads, not this one.
  • edited August 2013
    Going to be a great show! I may be a girl but I love football and am a passionate Gunners fan!

I would love to see Giroud get a few more this year as he somehow got extremely bad press for what was actually a great 1st season. He was over shadowed by the Walcott fiasco when he was scoring but he has the potential to be right up there. However I cannot look beyond Chelsea for the title and Soldado for top goalscorer if Bale stays, if not which hopefully he doesn't then Aguero!

Also Bony would be a good outside pick at 50/1 but he does go a bit Darren Anderton throughout the season.

Man united are a thing of the past now, man for man they are weak in comparison to City and Chelsea and the change in management will show that, it would be the same if Wenger left Arsenal and will also be the same for Everton this year.

I may get a bit lost if you do a golf show but I do enjoy these spin offs, great to get new players! Also new graphics are quality!!!!

Kalie x
  • edited August 2013
    chelsea for the league for me and this is coming from a gooner   done them with barcelona to win the champions league 

14/1 the double for £20 
  • edited August 2013

Don't forget, if you have any geeky football questions for Tighty, send them to SkyOpen@bskyb.com or post them on this thread, or via Twitter.

Fingers crossed we can get him back for the NFL Preview, in September I assume, he knows NFL inside out. Think he supports the Buffalo Giants.

• edited August 2013
    Question for Tighty -

In order to get better odds on a game which is so one-sided, I often use Asian Handicap bets.  So if I think Chelsea are going to beat Hull by more than 1 goal, instead of getting them at odds of 1.4, I'll use the Asian handicap -1.5 on Chelsea and get odds of evens instead.

Q-
    When using Asian Handicap bets to improve odds on a selection or cover more result possibilities (+AH on underdog), when would you use a -AH on a favourite and a +AH on an underdog.  Is it as simple as who is playing at home, or would you take into account other factors such as midweek cup competitions, injuries etc?  And is there more value in +AH or -AH markets?  (im going to take a guess and say +AH).

Cheers.

• edited August 2013
    Geeky Football Question for Rich Prew

Which FOUR current Premier League Teams have played in two different Home stadiums in the Premiership. 

Name the teams and the stadiums (old and new grounds) 

Answers...

Southampton- (The Dell, St Mary's)

Arsenal (Highbury "The Library", and The Emirates Stadium)

Manchester City (Maine Road and "The City of Manchester "Ethiad" Stadium")

Sunderland-  (Roker Park and The Stadium of Light) 

• edited August 2013
    Don't forget, if you have any geeky football questions for Tighty, send them to  SkyOpen@bskyb.com or post them on this thread, or via Twitter. Fingers crossed we can get him back for the NFL Preview, in September I assume, he knows NFL inside out. Think he supports the Buffalo Giants.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    NFL preview...yesss! that's one preview show I WILL watch. you have got to have james presenting though, would give tighty a run for his money.
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Fellas,

I'm not sure if this is the best time to ask, but think its the easiest way to get intouch with Tikay.  I'm priority so can buy into Newcastle SPT but I cant make the start time.  Will get there for about 6pm.  Would I be better off buying in and blinding down for 4 hours or trying to get on the alternate's list?

Regards,

James
  • edited August 2013

I got into the main and the mini for just £2 :) so a bounty in either and I am in profit mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Also that 99 hand v the QQ I wasn't betting for value I put him on QQJJ TT and wanted to get him off so I bet big to hopefully get him to fold. I am quite new to cash poker and looking back if I had queens I would prob call there, so in your eyes is my bluff on the end non profitable long term after I checked past the king on the flop?

Regards,

Kalie

• edited August 2013
    hi lads

the hand u showed ak aq a9,, there was a little bit of banter, should we call it,,lol, just before this hand and i think the guy on the A9 was playing me,  not just his cards

colin

ps  im not aggressive, im a valued member of sky poker,,mmmmm
  • edited August 2013
    Geeky Football Question for Rich Prew Which FOUR current Premier League Teams have played in two different Home stadiums in the Premiership.  Name the teams and the stadiums (old and new grounds)  Answers... Southampton- (The Dell, St Mary's) Arsenal (Highbury "The Library", and The Emirates Stadium) Manchester City (Maine Road and "The City of Manchester "Ethiad" Stadium") Sunderland-  (Roker Park and The Stadium of Light) 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    ...and Fulham.

They played their home games at Loftus Road for a couple of years.
  • edited August 2013

A couple of football questions for the guys.

1)  Is there a market on when the new goal line technology will be used, who will benefit from it and if it will work?

2)  Do the panel think the financial fair play conditions will make any difference to football or be generally ignored?

Cheers

TommyD
    The last Spurs fan who believes Bale will stay.

• edited August 2013
    Hi all

Lovin the show, two questions

!. Was tonites show my idea? I did post it as a suggestion a few weeks ago on the community forum.

2. What odds Benteke to be top goalscorer this season? my result of the summer Benteke signing a new contract with The Villa!

memfno
  • edited August 2013
    Love my footy!

Who does everyone support?  Rich we know about you already!

Also, what is everyone's fav ground to visit and the best match they have ever seen?

I'm a Liverpool fan living in Newcastle so have had many ups and down's over the years.  More ups than downs though.  The two 4-3's were immense and I remember a friend calling me up during the 2nd 4-3 when we were 3 nil up and they got it back to 3-3.  Bringg bringgg, went the phone that I unwillingly answered only to be greeted by the chants of 'Toon army, Toon army'!  Then the sweetest moment I've ever witnessed (more memorable than when I hit a royal flush v 4 of a kind) when Robbie Fowler popped up to grab the winner in the dying seconds.  Instantly I picked up the phone to call my friend back......no answer.......jumped on my bike and cycled around to his gaff and sang Liverpool songs outside his bedroom window for the rest of the night.  can you believe that was 97!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich : ...and Fulham. They played their home games at Loftus Road for a couple of years.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Really? wow, missed that.... set the question myself was gonna do Championship Clubs also, but Leicester were in that so thought that would be too easy for Rich!
  • edited August 2013
    bony 50/1 a punt for me e/w at a 1/4 of the odds