You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Unusual footy fact

Bob Marleys 'One Love' video shows several Villa players from the 80/81 season celebrating a goal. (Does this mean Bob was a villa fan?!?!)
  • edited August 2013
    Evening chaps

Sky Poker Royalty all on one couch!!

My first love is Burnley Football Club.  

What does Rich think ... Play-offs or Relegation?

Natalie 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich:
    Question for Tighty - In order to get better odds on a game which is so one-sided, I often use Asian Handicap bets.  So if I think Chelsea are going to beat Hull by more than 1 goal, instead of getting them at odds of 1.4, I'll use the Asian handicap -1.5 on Chelsea and get odds of evens instead. Q- When using Asian Handicap bets to improve odds on a selection or cover more result possibilities (+AH on underdog), when would you use a -AH on a favourite and a +AH on an underdog.  Is it as simple as who is playing at home, or would you take into account other factors such as midweek cup competitions, injuries etc?  And is there more value in +AH or -AH markets?  (im going to take a guess and say +AH). Cheers.
    Posted by gazza127
    Can you answer this please? :)
  • edited August 2013
    Question for Rich and Chris, What new signing do you think will be one to watch this Season?
    I think the Giaccherini signing for Sunderland from Juventus could be one to watch, he has played for Italian national side and looks like an exciting winger.
    Also Dejan Lovren signing for Southampton from Lyon also has played for his country Croatia and was first choice CB at Lyon. think that's a great signing for them.
  • edited August 2013
    A sky poker dream team comp would be great!
  • edited August 2013
    if pardew were to leave Newcastle I can see Kinnear being the favourite to replace him why else would the odds drop so much on pardew being the first to leave
  • edited August 2013

10:01 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 454 584 177 39  
    left 72 119 12    

gazza127 1 15      
    TommyD 8 70      
    Trucker52 13 90      
    EASYFIX 25 6      
    IRONZ 33 47      
    daiw 41 44      
    ctbn 51 52      
    Jeffter 52 27      
    Big_Baz49 68 73      
    henners10 69 109      
    _Debacle_ 70 84      
    Batkin88 72 45      
  • edited August 2013

10:21 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 454 584 177 39  
    left 51 65 4    

gazza127 1 3      
    Big_Baz49 9 60      
    EASYFIX 39 16      
    daiw 45 48      

• edited August 2013
    10 jack rich non spade   

moley wasnt dead nearly had ya 1 min of fame but epic fail :)
  • edited August 2013

Great show guys.  Really enjoying Mr Prew's knowledge.

It sounds like a studio full of cows, ghosts and Wimbledon fans ( Tennis, that is ) at the moment !!!  Ooh Arrr etc

Can Rich O ask Rich P what his most / least favourite grounds are that he has visited and why?

Regards

Pen Fifteen.
  • edited August 2013
    can he not

Tikay - quickly 

what's the difference between cement and concrete again?
  • edited August 2013
    ps Kalie can win the jackpot - but gazza first - after his 1st mini 2nd main near miss last year he deserves it
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks geldy - very kind of you.

Made a mistake the hand before the break in the main... at least I think it was a mistake.

Should I be open shoving? or just checking such a dry flop with a gutshot?

Main event.

Jackpot looking less likely.

• edited August 2013
    Tikay.  The only reason that people are complaining about the golden tickets promo is that the two times it was on before you got tickets by playing any form of poker.  For this one it's just for cash.  It is a very good promo I agree but why have they limited it to just the cash players this time and not included everyone?
  • edited August 2013
    +
    R.I.P.
    TEACAKE

FROM HIPPO MAN

• edited August 2013
    Jackpot off...

Youl see the hand.

Its sick.
  • edited August 2013
    Richard

The pural of hippopotamus is not hippopotami. It would be if hippopotamus was a latin word, but it's not. It's ancient Greek: literally, "river horse," from hippos "horse" and potamos "river". So the correct plural is hippopotamuses.
  • edited August 2013
    Imagine Matt Bates... you know how well he has been running tonight.... now imagine the opposite of that - thats me.

All in, in the mini  QQvAK.  I flop set.  He gets runner runner 4 card flush.  :(

Should be happy with the cashes tonight.  However two hands where i went in miles ahead get outdrawn.  Suppose thats poker.

The jackpot remains ellusive...

Always tomorrow.
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Just to let you know That I  do bowl, but of the tenpin variety. I also play for the County, Oxfordshire, so Rich was partly right.

Oxbowler
  • edited August 2013
    Firstly was a good show again

It was a bit disapointing to not have my post read out on air as i like to support the shows.

I noted that no posts from the original thread were used, they were more in depth and offered a bit more debate (in my opinion) than "i think chelsea will win the league" which was used a fair few times

anyway just a minor gripe
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Poker and Football Special- LIVE on Ch 861 with Rich, Tikay and SPT Rich:
    Firstly was a good show again It was a bit disapointing to not have my post read out on air as i like to support the shows. I noted that no posts from the original thread were used, they were more in depth and offered a bit more debate (in my opinion) than "i think chelsea will win the league" which was used a fair few times anyway just a minor gripe
    Posted by bugaloo
    Sorry about that bugaloo. I blame Orford.

It was actually my fault, in a way - the "original" thread which I started was not the Show Thread, I was just giving advance notice, & teasing, & I think Rich just had the Show Thread open.

Time is a problem, too. When we started the Betting Previews, they were only an hour, but we have moved to 2 hours, to try & do the subject justice, but it's still not enough time, & the subjects have so much width.

As it happens, he DID address your question, I specifically recall it, both to FFP, & Port Vale, who he tipped up. He explained that Port Vale's ground was the longest & widest in the Football League, the Team looks good, & he expects them to do extremely well this season. This it was his "Tip" for that League, actually.

Anyway, sorry of we did not address it properly. 

Incidentally - how good was Tighty?! The man is a walking encyclopedia of football. If he gets invited in for the NFL Show (if there is one....), you'll get blown away, he knows it inside out. Complete sports nutcase him.
  • edited August 2013
    Yes he was very good

Not so sure about his Monaco suggestion for the champions league though they are not in it! (yet)

Only joking

As i have posted on previous shows personally i like the more in depth stuff, but appreciate that does not always appeal to the majority of the audience

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2013
    Monaco was a brain fade.

I was trying to make the point that the Champions League "competitive" sides are not just combined to England, Italy, Germany, Spain these days and had Falcao/Monaco stuck in my mind as a big spending French side etc etc to go along with PSG.

Of course, they are not in it. Yet

Still, live and learn!