You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timebank - yes or no?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Stars used to have turbo cash tables but ditched them recently.
  • edited August 2013
    i am in favour of a time bank because it is sometimes hard to play 8 tables and check facebook at the same time
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Timebank - yes or no?:
    i am in favour of a time bank because it is sometimes hard to play 8 tables and check facebook at the same time
    Posted by tamas
    Good call! The time-bank would allow plenty of time to try to decipher the meaning behind our pretend friends latest deliberately vague attention seeking status.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree with Smitalos. I was hoping they would have a time bank on sky for sometime, its one of the reasons sky isnt the main site I play on. 

• edited August 2013
    2 mins per mtt would be good to stop people using it all the time
  • edited August 2013
    The short amount of time given for decisions is the only thing that stops me playing at Sky every day and keeps me playing and raking at the market leading provider. I'm super serious. I find it veryhard to play my A-game when under this pressure. I have also just realised different tables have different timers . £4NL has about 12 seconds and £200NL has about 20 seconds.  Can Sky please confirm I have measured this correctly and also tell us why they decide to give beginners less time? The market leading poker provider spends lots of money researching it's market and believes time banks are needed. In conclusion; PLEASE GIVE ME MORE TIME
    Posted by StringerB

Yeah, what he said.
  • edited August 2013
    Absolutely. A time-bank is a must, which is why it's seen on almost all other poker sites. 

But I agree with the gists of some of the other posts; don't go to the deeply-annoying, Pokerstars-style 90 second time bank, just have one that is twenty seconds, refreshed every half hour on cash or every hour in tournaments.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Timebank - yes or no?:
    Inspired by this thread (which seems to divide people)....
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I think yes as sometimes you can have a slight delay in the hand rounds which when your calling late in your time clock does not allow your call with out time bank sometimes I have been folded out too soon
  • edited September 2013
    yes timebank please
  • edited September 2013
    time bank yes but only is some cases,  examples 

disable them when nearing the bubble on mtt,stt any tounye

time banks during tourments maybe 30secs

maybe restocked at the final table. Timebank

• edited September 2013
    Is there any need to disable them nearing the bubble of a tourney? Surely the bubble/coming up to final table is when we might have the toughest decisions to make and are going to be MOST likely to need a timebank? If you think that people on SS are going to use it like how some players time down every hand, then that's up to them to waste their time bank on that. It ain't going to replenish once it's gone for a while so it's tough luck to them if they find later on they have a hand where they do have a tough decision.
  • edited September 2013
    +1 in favour of a timebank

But in the style of 'stars zoom format where u get 15 secs but as ur session is longer and u play more hands it can go upto 90secs i think, and slowly regenerates
  • edited September 2013
    I never really used the timebank on other sites, so I would say it doesn't matter to me either way.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm not a great player, i just play to waste the time and relax, but after a series of victories a lost everithing in a row, with a great point always on the last card my opponent get the point higher than me, it is such a shame as the entire SKy world, to start from the tv and broaband till the sky poker. 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to This site is not serious at all:
    I'm not a great player, i just play to waste the time and relax, but after a series of victories a lost everithing in a row, with a great point always on the last card my opponent get the point higher than me, it is such a shame as the entire SKy world, to start from the tv and broaband till the sky poker. 
    Posted by SFLAYS
    Thanks for all the feedback, we will spend some time reviewing it all and get back to you as soon as possible with a response. Cheers.
  • edited September 2013
    Timebanks are a must. Sky has one of the shortest timers out there anyway, that coupled with the lag that is widely experienced by players who have less than optimal conections, makes Sky a very stressful site to play on if you are a new player. That being said, if the time bank could be used every hand by a player then that would serve the same function as increasing the regular timer.

The best solution would be to have a 15 second timebank that increased incrementally each time it wasn't used, say 1second per hand up to a maximum of 60 seconds. For example a player would sit down and not use hit timebank for 20 hands, on hand 21 he has a tough decicion to make and he has an extra 35 seconds (in addition to his regular timebar). The timebank would then be reset to zero and the player would have to build it back up again.

I think the serious debate needs to be whether or not the timebank is automatically activated or if the player needs to press a button to activate it. The need for a timebank should be obvious to anyone who has played on other sites and then come back to Sky.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: This site is not serious at all:
    Timebanks are a must. Sky has one of the shortest timers out there anyway, that coupled with the lag that is widely experienced by players who have less than optimal conections, makes Sky a very stressful site to play on if you are a new player. That being said, if the time bank could be used every hand by a player then that would serve the same function as increasing the regular timer. The best solution would be to have a 15 second timebank that increased incrementally each time it wasn't used, say 1second per hand up to a maximum of 60 seconds. For example a player would sit down and not use hit timebank for 20 hands, on hand 21 he has a tough decicion to make and he has an extra 35 seconds (in addition to his regular timebar). The timebank would then be reset to zero and the player would have to build it back up again. I think the serious debate needs to be whether or not the timebank is automatically activated or if the player needs to press a button to activate it. The need for a timebank should be obvious to anyone who has played on other sites and then come back to Sky.
    Posted by jugglegeek

+1
  • edited October 2013
    Do we have a decision on this yet?

Or is it still the Kenny Dalglish answer "mibbies aye, mibbies naw" :)
  • edited October 2013
    kinda undecided on this. yes you get the few times where a little extra would be handy for the really tough decisions but I cant help thinking it would become abused, more so in tourneys around the bubble. I know h4h is there but that still doesn't stop people running the timer down every hand and if a timebank was there to be used it could become quite infuriating.
    Posted by TINTIN
    +1
  • edited October 2013
    I have an alternate suggestion. Have only the timebank. No 15 seconds up front. Add 10 seconds to each players timebank at the start of each hand to a maximum bank of 1 minute. Maximum of 30 seconds automatic used on any one hand, since in practice most timebank consumption comes from disconnection. Manual option to use the rest for a connected player.
  • edited December 2013
     I say yes to the timebank. Even just 10 seconds would be fine for me, with a reset every hour. 
    I was also reading a great idea of another player, of adding a little extra time to the time bank for acting quickly through the rest of the game. During the bubble is hand for hand anyway, so people who use their timebank during the bubble will just be wasting their own timebank pointlessly.
  • edited December 2013
     I say yes to the timebank. Even just 10 seconds would be fine for me, with a reset every hour.  I was also reading a great idea of another player, of adding a little extra time to the time bank for acting quickly through the rest of the game. During the bubble is hand for hand anyway, so people who use their timebank during the bubble will just be wasting their own timebank pointlessly.
    Posted by Clyde420
    BIB I think this would be quite complicated to implement. My idea would be to start a game with 10 second time bank and this is gradually increased up to a maximum of 60 seconds. If a player uses up his time bank he then has to wait 15 minutes before he gets the first 10 seconds back.

And although it's rarely happened to me I think some sort of disconnection protection is a must.
  • edited December 2013
    YES FOR SURE!!!
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: This site is not serious at all:
    Timebanks are a must. Sky has one of the shortest timers out there anyway, that coupled with the lag that is widely experienced by players who have less than optimal conections, makes Sky a very stressful site to play on if you are a new player. That being said, if the time bank could be used every hand by a player then that would serve the same function as increasing the regular timer. The best solution would be to have a 15 second timebank that increased incrementally each time it wasn't used, say 1second per hand up to a maximum of 60 seconds. For example a player would sit down and not use hit timebank for 20 hands, on hand 21 he has a tough decicion to make and he has an extra 35 seconds (in addition to his regular timebar). The timebank would then be reset to zero and the player would have to build it back up again. I think the serious debate needs to be whether or not the timebank is automatically activated or if the player needs to press a button to activate it. The need for a timebank should be obvious to anyone who has played on other sites and then come back to Sky.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    +1
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Timebank - yes or no?:
    Inspired by this thread (which seems to divide people)....
    Posted by Sky_Poker

I also think it would be best to have a button to activate the Timebank ourselves..