You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have just checked the river and was it ok calling the turn?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: should i have just checked the river and was it ok calling the turn?:
    In Response to Re: should i have just checked the river and was it ok calling the turn? : Ok, i see what you are saying and your right, thats probably the MTT player in me in that thinking. I just dont like the idea of calling leaving him have so little left and leaving us with a tricky river decision if we miss. I think it could leave us exploitable if say we call that raise, miss the draw and he ships for his remaining chips and we have to fold. It then becomes obvious we where on a draw and shows how we play such a hand. I personally fold the turn unless he has a decent amout behind him.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    It wouldn't make the play any better if it was an MTT, shoving turn is just knowingly getting your money/chips in bad and hoping you suck out :)

Plus if we miss our river decision is very simple, we fold.

Like saying I call the flop bet with the right price and then folding turn is bad because we are no not getting the right price.

If someone is laying you the right price to call, no matter what you or they have behind and you have no fe then the correct thing to do is call.

• edited August 2013
    Yeah, my error: I shouldn't really have mentioned "We're not playing a tournament..." All I meant by that was that the shove or fold idea wasn't relevant in cash. We don't need to worry about winning all the chips or protecting our stack's fold equity, just making the best EV decision.