You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My worst beat ever I would say!

Although hilarious and I didn't realise with auto top up I had lost the hand until my next action on this table popped up!

Nice hand sir!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Donttelmum Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £19.60
billytheki Big blind  £0.20 £0.40 £33.75
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Batkin88 Raise  £0.60 £1.00 £30.89
weedgi Call  £0.60 £1.60 £45.07
Donttelmum Fold     
billytheki Fold     
Flop

• A

Batkin88 Bet  £0.80 £2.40 £30.09
weedgi Call  £0.80 £3.20 £44.27
Turn

Batkin88 Check     
weedgi Check     
River

Batkin88 Bet  £2.40 £5.60 £27.69
weedgi Raise  £8.40 £14.00 £35.87
Batkin88 All-in  £27.69 £41.69 £0.00
weedgi All-in  £35.87 £77.56 £0.00
weedgi Unmatched bet  £14.18 £63.38 £14.18
Batkin88 Show
  • A
  • A

weedgi Show

weedgi Win Four 9s £61.58  £75.76

Comments

• edited August 2013
    its totally off a joke no an absolute joke beyond a joke this site is rubbish im off ive bin watchin this stuff for five years and now im off the r in rng stands for rubbish its definitely beyond a joke

• edited August 2013
    Oops, sorry, forgot to turn on my brain. All sorted now.

Unlucky, Batkin. That's the heart of poker. Beautiful but can be cruel!

• edited August 2013
    Yeah lol it didn't bother me in the slightest tbh it is just poker if anything it has given me a hand to remember and I could easily of had the 99 here so just thought this hand should be shared!
  • edited August 2013
    Check the turn...... :s
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say!:
    Check the turn...... :s
    Posted by calcalfold
    Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Is that an invitation? ;)
  • edited August 2013

It was a confused face, I am confused by the turn check.

I presume your comment was meant as a precursor to anybody who intended to give advice, as I clearly didnt give any........

And for the record you are imo, yet again, wrong.

Just because it is pretty clear when we have all the information that stacks are going in at somepoint, it is rather narrow minded to say that advice is unecessary.

During the hand does the villain know what hand the hero holds? Does the hero know what hand the villain holds. If you open your mind for one second, you would realise that advice can be very useful for times that the ranges are anything other than the villains hand 99 as above.

You are going broke 100% but say the villain had any other hand you might get value from, why cant heros bet sizing etc be discussed?

You clearly are NOT putting villain on 99 or you would have folded. If this was me, I would find the discussion of extracting value from xx to be very useful. Getting value when we have the nuts/near nuts is my bread and butter. I would say its rather obtuse to believe that just because of the mega cooler, there is nothing to learn if we substitute in a wider range.

nb, I say hero only because it is the common denominator in poker. Dont accuse me of sexism :).....or get any delusions of grandeur.
  • edited August 2013

If I wanted advice I would post in the clinic, as I didn't I clearly am not asking for advice.

Also shorten your replies I read about 4 lines and got bored

• edited August 2013
    If I wanted advice I would post in the clinic, as I didn't I clearly am not asking for advice. Also shorten your replies I read about 4 lines and got bored
    Posted by Batkin88
    Whilst it is unfortunate that you got bored reading my post, imo it is the height of arrogance to to dictate how long another forum members post should be. You may wish to debate this point and claim childish put down, which I will entertain. Though to be honest, I think the label of arrogance is maginally more appealing, but each to their own.

The location of this post is bye the bye. You made a statement that said:

"Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand".

You did not address any of the issues that I raised about the potential for discussion on the above hand. You are merely trying to reverse out of the back door by using the locality of this post as a get out clause.

I did originally place you as of one of the sharper members of this forum. Having had recent direct communications with you, you now strike me as the ilk that rather than being able to form reasoned counter points, just reverts to doging the issue.

A long and prosperous career in politics awaits.

Should you care to put forward your reasoning to why this hand could not be discussed in more detail, [sic] my previous comment, then I am all ears.......
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to My worst cooler ever I would say!:
    Although hilarious and I didn't realise with auto top up I had lost the hand until my next action on this table popped up! Nice hand sir! Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Donttelmum Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £19.60 billytheki Big blind   £0.20 £0.40 £33.75   Your hole cards A A       Batkin88 Raise   £0.60 £1.00 £30.89 weedgi Call   £0.60 £1.60 £45.07 Donttelmum Fold         billytheki Fold         Flop     A 9 9       Batkin88 Bet   £0.80 £2.40 £30.09 weedgi Call   £0.80 £3.20 £44.27 Turn     4       Batkin88 Check         weedgi Check         River     6       Batkin88 Bet   £2.40 £5.60 £27.69 weedgi Raise   £8.40 £14.00 £35.87 Batkin88 All-in   £27.69 £41.69 £0.00 weedgi All-in   £35.87 £77.56 £0.00 weedgi Unmatched bet   £14.18 £63.38 £14.18 Batkin88 Show A A       weedgi Show 9 9       weedgi Win Four 9s £61.58   £75.76
    Posted by Batkin88
    fy thread title

vul. they say @ 30nl if you get raised on the river it's always the nuts ;)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Whilst it is unfortunate that you got bored reading my post, imo it is the height of arrogance to to dictate how long another forum members post should be. You may wish to debate this point and claim childish put down, which I will entertain. Though to be honest, I think the label of arrogance is maginally more appealing, but each to their own. The location of this post is bye the bye. You made a statement that said: "Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand". You did not address any of the issues that I raised about the potential for discussion on the above hand. You are merely trying to reverse out of the back door by using the locality of this post as a get out clause. I did originally place you as of one of the sharper members of this forum. Having had recent direct communications with you, you now strike me as the ilk that rather than being able to form reasoned counter points, just reverts to doging the issue. A long and prosperous career in politics awaits. Should you care to put forward your reasoning to why this hand could not be discussed in more detail, [sic] my previous comment, then I am all ears.......
    Posted by calcalfold
    Again only read the first 2 lines
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Again only read the first 2 lines
    Posted by Batkin88
    The fact you have only replied to post something like that, just goes to reiterate your innate lack of ability to defend any points you make through cogitative debate.

To some extent I am embarrassed for you.

Though on the plus side your attention span might be able to see out the entirety of this post, which is a nice Brucie bonus :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : The fact you have only replied to post something like that, just goes to reiterate your innate lack of ability to defend any points you make through cogitative debate. To some extent I am embarrassed for you. Though on the plus side your attention span might be able to see out the entirety of this post, which is a nice Brucie bonus :)
    Posted by calcalfold
    Why do you think it is ok to say what you said and still comment on my posts? I think from this point forward you should just leave my threads alone. If you have something constructive to add in a clinic post then fine but otherwise go back to the rock you crawled out from.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Why do you think it is ok to say what you said and still comment on my posts? I think from this point forward you should just leave my threads alone. If you have something constructive to add in a clinic post then fine but otherwise go back to the rock you crawled out from.
    Posted by Batkin88

Talk about a broken record..... At the time I said it was a mistake, which was validated by another player. I have said this on several occasions.

As you are either incapable or unwilling to let this go I suggest you put me on ignore as I have no intention of withholding comments I have to make on your say so.

FWIW I would actually read this thread fully, you are implying that I have not offered any "constructive" points to this thread. Perhaps take the time to read back what you have contributed. Pot kettle black?
  • edited August 2013
    FWIW, this is a cooler not a bad beat lol but I'm just being pedantic :p

If this is the worst you've ever had... welcome to the world of grinding cash poker, you've got some fun in store! I once got it in on the flop with JJ v J8 on J8x only to see it run out 8, 8 for perfect, perfect and his only way out lol
  • edited August 2013
    Ha yeah cooler not bad beat, I have to admit though it is probably one of the only hands I lost big and enjoyed it! As it is one of them hands that you can laugh about.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Talk about a broken record..... At the time I said it was a mistake, which was validated by another player. I have said this on several occasions. As you are either incapable or unwilling to let this go I suggest you put me on ignore as I have no intention of withholding comments I have to make on your say so. FWIW I would actually read this thread fully, you are implying that I have not offered any "constructive" points to this thread. Perhaps take the time to read back what you have contributed. Pot kettle black?
    Posted by calcalfold
    Give it a rest mate, you are boring. You insulted me I found it very very offensive. You did not apologise for what you said you apologised for me being a different sex. I am politely asking you to leave my threads be unless it is constructive input or basically anything of relevance. If I post something in the clinic then feel free to put your point forward.

I am not re-reading the thread as I don't want advice on how to play the hand.
  • edited August 2013
    Just ignore him Batkin. Think most people on here do anyway.
  • edited August 2013
    Glad to hear we are still mates

And imo

Construct and discuss your point of view /> Ignore > provide lame comebacks
  • edited August 2013
    Glad to hear we are still mates And imo Construct and discuss your point of view /> Ignore > provide lame comebacks
    Posted by calcalfold
    Your opinion is not wanted after what you said, I honestly cannot believe you are still writing on this thread I will do you a favour as you clearly want the last word and leave the final post to yourself.

I would like to confirm however I reported what you said as it was disgusting and vile and I hope one day you realise what a pathetic person you are. Hopefully we will meet one day and we can see if you are as confident in person which I am pretty sure will be the complete opposite as is with most forum trolls.

Again I will not reply to your next post not only because it will probably bore me to death but also as you clearly want the last word like the child you have shown yourself as.

Enter your reply below (Make it as sarcastic and as funny as possible to smother your own ego as you will likely be the only one reading it)

Kalie (Female age 25)

xx
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Your opinion is not wanted after what you said, I honestly cannot believe you are still writing on this thread I will do you a favour as you clearly want the last word and leave the final post to yourself. I would like to confirm however I reported what you said as it was disgusting and vile and I hope one day you realise what a pathetic person you are. Hopefully we will meet one day and we can see if you are as confident in person which I am pretty sure will be the complete opposite as is with most forum trolls. Again I will not reply to your next post not only because it will probably bore me to death but also as you clearly want the last word like the child you have shown yourself as. Enter your reply below (Make it as sarcastic and as funny as possible to smother your own ego as you will likely be the only one reading it) Kalie (Female age 25) xx
    Posted by Batkin88
    "Your opinion is not wanted after what you said, I honestly cannot believe you are still writing on this thread"

You are quite right, I should have been given 30years in Parkhurst for my crimes against humanity.

"I will do you a favour as you clearly want the last word and leave the final post to yourself."

Very kind of you

"I would like to confirm however I reported what you said as it was disgusting and vile"

You go girl

"I hope one day you realise what a pathetic person you are."

A generalisation based on what exactly.

"Hopefully we will meet one day and we can see if you are as confident in person which I am pretty sure will be the complete opposite as is with most forum trolls."

Sorry, your inability to form reasoned debates mean I think you would not stimulate me intellectually, if we meet by accident then so be it.

"Again I will not reply to your next post not only because it will probably bore me to death but also as you clearly want the last word like the child you have shown yourself as."

Blimey, I would hate to have dared say something intentionally offensive, I presume you would had have me deported by now.

"Enter your reply below (Make it as sarcastic and as funny as possible to smother your own ego as you will likely be the only one reading"

Challenge accepted

"Kalie (Female age 25) xx"

Are you not too old to have prams to throw toys from?

As a final point, its beyond ironic that after my alleged (accidental) misdemeanor, you have thrown way more potentially offensive remarks back at me. Do two wrongs make a right?

Best

ccf
  • edited August 2013
    Unlucky Batkin

Flop the nuts :-) 
    Only to find they've already been cracked :-(

Very impressed how philosophical you are ;-)

• edited August 2013
    Unlucky Batkin Flop the nuts :-)  Only to find they've already been cracked :-( Very impressed how philosophical you are ;-)
    Posted by Rich_Poor
    **2nd nuts
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : **2nd nuts
    Posted by calcalfold
    It's the thought that counts
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Sorry I understand we have never spoke but you are a total idiot, get a grip ! 
    Posted by K8LOU
    Entitled to your opinion. ROFL that you make it based on this factual post though.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Sorry I understand we have never spoke but you are a total idiot, get a grip ! 
    Posted by K8LOU
    Seems to be the general consensus. 
  • edited August 2013
    Just because I am a wind up merchant and tell people what I think of them does not mean I lack intelligence.

#Assumptions
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Very well said
  • edited August 2013
    Just because I am a wind up merchant and tell people what I think of them does not mean I lack intelligence. #Assumptions
    Posted by calcalfold
    #keyboard warrior
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: My worst beat ever I would say! : Whilst it is unfortunate that you got bored reading my post, imo it is the height of arrogance to to dictate how long another forum members post should be. You may wish to debate this point and claim childish put down, which I will entertain. Though to be honest, I think the label of arrogance is maginally more appealing, but each to their own. The location of this post is bye the bye. You made a statement that said: "Only a complete tool would try and give advice on this hand". You did not address any of the issues that I raised about the potential for discussion on the above hand. You are merely trying to reverse out of the back door by using the locality of this post as a get out clause. I did originally place you as of one of the sharper members of this forum. Having had recent direct communications with you, you now strike me as the ilk that rather than being able to form reasoned counter points, just reverts to doging the issue. A long and prosperous career in politics awaits. Should you care to put forward your reasoning to why this hand could not be discussed in more detail, [sic] my previous comment, then I am all ears.......
    Posted by calcalfold
    Mate? is something wrong with you?

Dont go taking this imaginary morale high ground youve seemed to have established yourself on.

She has not but this up for advice, she is not even looking for a UL she is just trying to share the hand as a point of interest. 

So just chill