You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTTs - You mission should you choose to accept is.........

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: MTTs - You mission should you choose to accept is.........:
    dabossman people say that the late stages of MTT are hardest but with these micro MTT i agree with you and TBH the early stages are the biggest trouble as villians are calling left right and centre with junk i was in the main tonight and out of the first 16 hands which were dealt on my table their was only 5 got a flop the rest were basically won preflop. the best type of poker in the micro MTT is probably ABC until the approach of the bubble.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I seen your exit on the tellybox, unlucky but not a bad pay day after satelliting in. Always hurts that little bit more when you are close to the final table. Given the pain you have had with MTTs recently a deep run will hopefully give you a boost

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: MTTs - You mission should you choose to accept is......... : nice work! sounds like you are really listening to everyone and putting all their advice to good use.  I looooove haveing a big stack at bubble time. And yes, your definatly right about people calling with junk early on - you probably already are doing this, but I find its best just to play pretty much ABC poker against those types of players - they make big mistakes frequently enough for you to beat them that way without getting too creative and getting in trouble
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Yeah, the 10 10 hand was from that MTT, usually I get annoyed after raising big and all the limpers come along and the flop comes over, over,x. This one I just let go, waited and when I got big hands played them aggressively. I just thought before starting do what dabosslady says I never do, listen!!!  I found it made decisions easier playing the suggested way, I know it wont always end in a deep run but I can at least try and play well.
  • edited August 2013
    Well 3 MTTs played tonight and busto out of all 3 well before the moolah

Ended up at the same table as a broken man and a 2 time SPT winner, here comes the brag..........no chance, they both got my chips lol. Was a good laugh though.

First hand. AK suited. Cbet the flop as the opponent had limped so felt that AK could still be ahead here. On the turn I pick up a flush draw and decide to continue, should I be checking here? I still think my hand is good.

On the river the flush draw comes in but is actually my gin card as well. I jammed, should I be check calling to keep the pot small if he has the flush or catch a bluff? Didnt think I could really fold anyway with what was in the pot and what I had left behind

Your hole cards A      
    K
      Fold        
      Fold        
    Opponent Call   20 50 2545
      Fold        
      Call   10 60 2030
    dabossman Raise   100 160 1820
    Opponent Call   100 260 2445
      Fold        
    Flop
    dabossman Bet   160 420 1660
    Opponent Call   160 580 2285
    Turn
        Q      
    dabossman Bet   300 880 1360
    Opponent Call   300 1180 1985
    River
        J      
    dabossman All-in   1360 2540 0
    Hand 2

I think this should have been a shove or fold pre flop.

On the flop should I be folding here or getting it in and hope the J of clubs is good.

Small blind   40 40 5301.25
      Big blind   80 120 2360
      Your hole cards J      
    J
      Fold        
      Call   80 200 1608.75
    dabossman Raise   320 520 2995
    Opponent Raise   640 1160 5947.5
      Fold        
      Fold        
      Fold        
    dabossman Call   320 1480 2675
    Flop
    A
    dabossman Check        
    Opponent Bet   740 2220 5207.5
    dabossman Call   740 2960 1935
    Turn
        K      
    dabossman Check        
    Opponent Bet   1480 4440 3727.5

• edited August 2013
    use IE for hand posting, other browsers and the download seem ot be weak on it, i use chrome for everything but posting a sky hand lol
    Posted by The_Don90
     +1, defo only works on IE
  • edited August 2013
    1 rule of advice play tight early stages abc is the way forward in micro mtts 

trust me there are maniacs out there early stages dnt play aything less then top 20 starting hands in holdem