You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Fair play to Will for saying he isnt there to ladder and is just playing his game, shows a lot of heart, good on that man.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!:
    Tikay... i think im falling in love with u..... "wills not bubbling, hes brewing"
    Posted by eleanor60
    Lol, thank you.

It's the Presenters job to come up with these sort of lines, Compo on In-Poker, & James Hartigan here, I'm just a pundit, or Analyst, we don't do the smart stuff.

But I've not got a Presenter to hide behind now, so, cometh the hour....

I rather liked last night's closer - "if something's worth Brewin, it's worth Brewin properly".....

I'll get me coat.

Back to the Cardroom now, to see what's what.

568 remain.
  • edited July 2009
    Tikay, strangest request of the day, but can u ake your celebration roar into a file that can be used as a ringtone or text message! were in stitches here!
    Posted by eleanor60
    Hush you!

If Sky-Des sees that, I'm for the high jump. That was why I left  gap at the end, before I did it, so that it could be cut off easily, before Sky-Des sees it. He thinks I should act my age. He's not wrong, either.

• edited July 2009
    Is Kara still going?
  • edited July 2009
    According to pokernews Kara has 290K, not too shabby!
  • edited July 2009

Blinds are 3,000/6,000/1,000. That's a toasty Running Ante, & means there is 18k of dead money in the middle every hand, & that's the rent, too.

Will has about 90,000.

The shove-fest seems to have started again, it's a cacophony of "all-in & a Call" in there right now.

The Plasma says 567, but I assume that's a bit behind.

What a great effort by Will this has been.
  • edited July 2009
    According to pokernews Kara has 290K, not too shabby!
    Posted by KnackersYa
    if the count shown is from wsop.com. they havent been updated in hours , they have been on meltdown and their server crashed before the bubble, tikay is ahead of the game with live updates lol
  • edited July 2009
    cheers Bandi, I thought it was a bit slow
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE! : if the count shown is from wsop.com. they havent been updated in hours , they have been on meltdown and their server crashed before the bubble, tikay is ahead of the game with live updates lol
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    I heard that both WSOP & PokerNews had suffered server crashes today.

Sky-Des is under suspicion for "interference". ;)
  • edited July 2009

I'll go have a roam, & see if I can find Kara.

BRB.
  • edited July 2009
    I'll go have a roam, & see if I can find Kara. BRB.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You'll find her at the table with the most male spectators ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Is Beppe still there?

• edited July 2009
    great so far ,well cashed and well played will.What i.d did you give the security tikay inthe lock out of room incident,similar nearly happened to me in vegas 4  years ago with the lock out of room thing ,they were not very helpful at the hilton either.Trying to prove who you are without id in america is a nightmare,especially when no pockets for id if you are caught out wearing just boxer shorts!!
  • edited July 2009
    Seriously though, I think that Will should be the first Sky Poker sponsored player, anyone agree?
  • edited July 2009

Will is OUT.

Details to follow.

He went out about 480th, or thereabouts, & so "laddered" before exiting.

What a splendid effort, & there's no shame in two WSOP ME Cashes in successive years.

More news soon.
  • edited July 2009

Kara is still in, & just took a big pot with QQ v TT on a scary J-8-7 Flop. She must be close to 500k.
  • edited July 2009
    Is Beppe still there?
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Sure is.
  • edited July 2009
    hi tikay, sorry to see that post,  but must congratulate Will on fantastic run. 3 out of 3 cash in wsop he must be pleased with that result.. - john
  • edited July 2009
    UL Will, i'm sorry that you are out as i am sure everyone on the site is.

You did a great job, 2 cashes in 2 years is amazing, aswell as winning your way out there twice in the first place.

you are an inspiration to the rest of us and should be very proud of your achievements, i'm sure all the sky players are proud of you.

Hold your head up high and enjoy the rest of your time in the sun.
  • edited July 2009

Will's Exit.

Cut-Off makes it 15k, SB Calls, Will, in BB with K-T, & suspecting the Cut-Off was weak, Jammed.

Cut-Off passed quickly. SB Called - with Jacks!

$25,000+ will do nicely, thank you.
  • edited July 2009
    UL Will, i'm sorry that you are out as i am sure everyone on the site is. You did a great job, 2 cashes in 2 years is amazing, aswell as winning your way out there twice in the first place. you are an inspiration to the rest of us and should be very proud of your achievements, i'm sure all the sky players are proud of you. Hold your head up high and enjoy the rest of your time in the sun.
    Posted by mike1975
    well said Mike, i think all on sky will agree with your post
  • edited July 2009

A closing piece to camera has just been done & it will be up soon. We did not ask Will to be interviewed right now, that'd be unfair - we will Interview him In-Depth, & at langth, tomorrow.

I hope you don't mind, but we are going to draw Stumps for today now - we are not disappointed, not one bit, but we are all a little tired.

I will go back through the Thread & reply to all the un-answered questions in the morning, if they remain relevant.

You, & your support, have been magnificent, from all the Team here, thank you.

So it's good-night from James, myself, & Miss Cluck.

Sky Poker. Going places, together.

I'm off to bed now. I'm deffo NOT going to Ceasars Palace to play poker. Almost definitely not. Probably.

• edited July 2009

I'm off to find Will and take him out for a well deserved meal

Here's a quick blog for you all,  summarising the day

Feel free to leave you comments here and/or there!

g'night

• edited July 2009
    Unlucky will ,but any cash in the main event has to be congatulated.Get some rest tikay you have earnt it,it has been great reading the blogs hope Kara scot goes further as well as james akenhead.
  • edited July 2009
    Anybody know if Hellmuth has fallen on his sword yet?

I'm guessing he left some time ago as i cant see him on the current runners
  • edited July 2009
    Well played Will,2 cashes in 2 years is excellent.
    Any more updates please Tikay?
    Some of us are still awake.
  • edited July 2009

The "greatest" player in the universe Phil Hellmuth is out....oh dear, what a pity, nevermind!!!!!

"Will he ever realise you need an enormous amount of luck to win this type of tourney?" Nit poker might get you so far but you need to be running like a god.

Phil Ivey and Kara still going strong.....would love to see either of those two go onto to win it.

BTW well done Will cashing successively in the toughest tournament on earth is AMAAAAAZING!!

If only you could have got those AK and AQ hands after the bubble had burst then maybe just maybe...

..but there is always next year.....hope to be playing alongside you next year representing the SKY Poker massive.....oh well I can dream :-)

• edited July 2009
    Will you've done brilliantly well, FANTAAAASTICALLY well - many congratulations!! Cashing, not just once, in the WSOP has got to be the stuff of dreams for a lot of us here. Much respect. 
    And the Sky Crew have been awesome bringing us live updates and mucho humour. Thanks to all of you Tikay, James and Mother Hen, and all the guys behind the scenes making electronic stuff happen.
    Enjoy the rest of your time in Vegas.
    Cheers, Elliot.

• edited July 2009
    The "greatest" player in the universe Phil Hellmuth is out....oh dear, what a pity, nevermind!!!!! "Will he ever realise you need an enormous amount of luck to win this type of tourney?" 
    Posted by TheAAces

As Phil so modestly said, if luck wasn't involved he'd have won all of them, lol.