You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    well  done  wiill  and  unllucky   u  have  done  sky poker   proud  again    u got  a decent  run  off  cards  u  would  have  gone  very   deep   thers  always  next  year   ps  well  done  tikay  u  have  done  a great   job
  • edited July 2009
    MY mind was willing but unfortunately my flesh was weak. Couldn't stay awake and so missed the bubble burst by ten minutes - had a really busy day.

Will....You've done a brilliant job in getting into the cash for the second sucessive year. Well done mate, you can be proud of your achievement. Will we see you there next year? I don't doubt it for a second.

Tikay. What can I say? We may take the michael out of you a fair bit (don't we Richard?) but you are a star and an absolute credit to both poker and to Sky and its barmy army of followers. A true pro, thank you sir.

For the rest of the Sky team out there, it couldn't have been done without you all so hats off to the lot of you.

To the guys who went out there and didn't cash, there's always next year.

Finally, to you guys and gals, the Sky poker community, for the support shown to Will I think you can all give ourselves a pat on the back as I'm sure that the support given to everyone out there helped them to achieve everything they did.

And that's my two pennyworth so I'll shut up now........   :)

Mike
  • edited July 2009
    well said mike. nice post.
  • edited July 2009
    Yup I echo Bobcat, great stuff Will, and Tikay and the sky team.
  • edited July 2009

Will, tikay, James and Mother Hen WE LOVE YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

tikay, hope you did go to bed and not played poker, no good playing poker tired, but knowing you mmmmmm.

• edited July 2009
    well done will, superb effort!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!:
    The "greatest" player in the universe Phil Hellmuth is out....oh dear, what a pity, nevermind!!!!! "Will he ever realise you need an enormous amount of luck to win this type of tourney?" Nit poker might get you so far but you need to be running like a god. Phil Ivey and Kara still going strong.....would love to see either of those two go onto to win it. BTW well done Will cashing successively in the toughest tournament on earth is AMAAAAAZING!! If only you could have got those AK and AQ hands after the bubble had burst then maybe just maybe... ..but there is always next year.....hope to be playing alongside you next year representing the SKY Poker massive.....oh well I can dream :-)
    Posted by TheAAces
    anything is possible for phil ivey, i heard he can pregnate a woman by just staring at them!
  • edited July 2009
    Was looking forward t reading a tense thread when I woke up this morning. Ruined somewhat by the headline in the community that told of back-to-back cashes.
    Anyway - well done Will, we're all proud of you. See you in Vegas next July !!
  • edited July 2009
    Hi All,
    I'm going to do 2 separate post at this time(10.34am uk).
    I had to go to bed after the bubble burst, so missed the excitement later on.

To Mr Will Brewin,
    YOU, SIR ARE THE STANDARD BEARER OF THE SKY POKER COMMUNITY.
    You should be rightly proud of you achievements in the last two main events.
    The way you have conducted yourself on camera this year, after last year was a joy to see, you were very relaxed and looked like you were enjoying yourself.
    You are ONE OF US and everyone of us would have quite easily sold vital organs to be in your shoes today.
    Finally, i know you will be upset that you didn't go deeper this year but hopefully when you wake today and reflect on you achievement and feel hold your head high.

Very well done young man
    colin 
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Tony,
    This one is for you .
    Having seen the work you get through on SPUKT, I know that you will, all, be very tired, so I hope had a good sleep.
    You have a excellent team with you and it has been, exciting, exsilerating, nerve racking, and entertaining waiting and reading or watching your blogs and posts throughout your trip.
    DES, these guys are a brilliant team and the setting up of the forum at this time has enhanced the coverage.
    Hopefully on the next Sky live event, you can drag Mr Brewin along to get the plaudits that young man deserves.
    Finally, you all know what i think of you on the crew, you are the unsung stars, so i will say the only think i can, even though its not really enough.
    MANY THANKS AND CONGRATULATIONS ON A SUCCESSFUL TRIP, enjoy any down time(hope the headaches arent to bad)

colin
  • edited July 2009
    Wil.......you have made a happy man very old........that should be the other way around......back to back cashes shows that you have something real.....form is temporary, class is permanent.....Tikay...your professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment to Sky Poker in general and the community in particular is a beautiful thing......I appreciate it.....and judging by the comments so do a lot of others....but I know that you would be the first to say that it is a team game....and so to Adam, Jill, Claire James and all the others both there and here....THANK YOU.....as Col says above....insufficient but all we have to offer.
  • edited July 2009

I think will should get a knighthood!! On a serious note how about a skypoker presenter on TV. He obviously knows his stuff. Look out richard orford, will coming to get you!

• edited July 2009

Nice work Will- a terrific effort considering that you were card dead throughout.

And congrats to everyone in Team Sky Poker at the WSOP for 2009 (players and production crew). A superb job by all and rewarded by yet another cash from one of our players.

Sky Poker- a force to be reckoned with...

And finally- well done Tikay. Not bad for an old timer.

PS- It may interest you to know that a pair of Victorian breeches was handed in to your hotel reception this morning.

• edited July 2009
    Well, it's been a long journey, and TK you have been like  'father time'  himself,  bringing us this story,
      brilliant !!!  

As for Will, he did everything right and just needed the extra piece of luck that all players have to have to make a final table. Great job well done !!

Skypoker team and crew and the community here on the forum, 'take a bow', brilliant show !!  
  • edited July 2009
    Nice work Will- a terrific effort considering that you were card dead throughout. And congrats to everyone in Team Sky Poker at the WSOP for 2009 (players and production crew). A superb job by all and rewarded by yet another cash from one of our players. Sky Poker- a force to be reckoned with... And finally- well done Tikay. Not bad for an old timer. PS- It may interest you to know that a pair of Victorian breeches was handed in to your hotel reception this morning.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Lol Rich, you know what this means dont you, you are going to have to have a de-briefing when he gets back.

• edited July 2009
    is will still in??
  • edited July 2009
    is will still in??
    Posted by facup
        no !
  • edited July 2009
    WP Will. 2 out of 2 cashes is incredible.
  • edited July 2009
    is will still in??
    Posted by facup

DOH!

• edited July 2009
    Well done will like last year another great performance and like last year you done the site proud.Also well done to TK and all the sky poker staff behind the scene's.
  • edited July 2009
    all i can say is wat everybody else has said  great stuff will GO SKY POKER
  • edited July 2009

Hi Guys,

Wow, what a lovely thread!

I'll reply to everything as soon as possible.

First, I need to pen a Blog - I never did it last night, sorry.

Then I have a Live Phone-in to the Show at 2pm, we do an "In-Depth" interview wilth Will at 3pm (all times "Local", add 8 hours for UK time), I'll catch up on this Thread & the Foum, then write one more Blog, & tomorrow, we get on a 747 & fly home. I might - might - get to Ceasars tonight, too.

Laterz.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!:
    Will commences playing, here in Vegas, in exactly 1 minute. Please sweat him on this Thread. We'll try & keep his Chip Count updated on here, as the day progresses. Please post your comments, & interact, that way the Thread works better, & it'd be a nice keepsake for Will. OK, here we go.
    Posted by Tikay10
    best of luck will hope u make it all the way to represent sky poker and the players
  • edited July 2009
    well done will ! good show m8 !
  • edited July 2009
    Great performance Will and top reporting from the Sky Poker team in Las Vegas.  It has been a fantastically entertaining journey over the last week and a big well done to Marco and Ben also and to everyone who followed the Vegas threads.  You guys added a huge amount to the experience and we're already looking forward to significanly increasing the size of Team Sky Poker at the 2010 World Series of Poker.
  • edited July 2009

Massive congrats Will and the whole sky poker team - behind and in front of the camera.

Have had a busy couple of days so I've only just read days three and four now in complete suspenders, totally brilliant!

Roll on 2010!
  • edited July 2009
    I finally worked it out Kara Scott (Tobin) was playing under the guise of Kara Tobin in the Main Event

Kara Scott, Kara Tobin or Kara Scott Tobin finished 238th netting $32,963

Kara is the only woman to cash in the 2008 & 2009 Main Event.

Congratulations
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys, Wow, what a lovely thread! I'll reply to everything as soon as possible. First, I need to pen a Blog - I never did it last night, sorry. Then I have a Live Phone-in to the Show at 2pm, we do an "In-Depth" interview wilth Will at 3pm (all times "Local", add 8 hours for UK time), I'll catch up on this Thread & the Foum, then write one more Blog, & tomorrow, we get on a 747 & fly home. I might - might - get to Ceasars tonight, too. Laterz.
    Posted by Tikay10
    U again? did this take u half an hour to type? well thankyou for the summary of this!
    Who is this lady Will Brewin and where did she come from?  All i would like to add to
    this success story is this: "....i wonder if skybet sponsored Will's seat in the WSOP
    from all the money donated to skyvegas?  Its been ever so lean of regular wins
    lately and i was just wondering if normal fairness will now resume?  He did finish in
    a paid place after all" - good arent a?