You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
This is the best event of the week on SKY.

Shame that there aren't more Mega Stacks.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    The £400 Friday Megastack has constantly bust it's guarantee with an excellent payout of £630 last week. Every player who takes part that I have spoken to has said that it is the best tourney on Sky by far. Deepstacks on Sky  Poker have been marginalized by the increase in numbers of the bounty hunters but I am convinced by the numbers that take part in this tourney that it shows there is still a demand for deepstack tournaments on this site. I realise Sky Poker classes itself as a site for recreational players but even recreational players like a good freezeout or deepstack.

In view of the numbers that the Megastack generates this is really a request for Sky Poker to consider adding another Megastack to the schedules, maybe even as a trial with a lower guarantee if they don't want to commit to a £400 guarantee. This request has the backing of other players too I'm not alone in wanting this.

I would be really happy to see Sky actually give a response to this request even if it is a No rather than just ignore it and leave us all in limbo. Thank you.
  • edited August 2013
    Would be a brilliant idea if sky were to put more deep stacks in their tourney schedule. I like BH's as much as the next guy, but sometimes it is nice to sit down with a mountain of chips, loads more play ftw!
  • edited August 2013
    Hey Dagg,

As I am sure you know, I am not one of the 'Suits' here in terms of the decision makers, but I am personally pleased to see the Mega Stacks do so well. I'll mention this thread to them, but as you know we're in the final throes of finishing the new software, so it might take a little while before we get back to you with a response. Feel free to politely bump this every now and then and I will do what I can to get you an answer.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • edited August 2013
    I for one love the Friday Mega Stack and always look forward to it.

It is a nice relaxed structure, with a very deep stack and makes a welcome change from playing the Turbo & Bounty Hunter MTTs imo. (Which I am extremely poor at:)

It might not be to everyones taste, just the same as Turbos & Bounty Hunters don't appeal to everyone, but as the saying goes "You can't Please Everyone" but by having another Mega Stack, you could please some more of the people, some more of the time :)

Thumbs up from me. 
  • edited August 2013
    Yep definitely agree with this, 10k starting stack for £5.50 buy in is my favourite tourney, could have 2 or 3 a week imo
  • edited August 2013
    I'd also like to see more deepstacks, maybe some with a bigger buy in too. 
  • edited August 2013
    Great idea sometimes people may miss the friday, but another during the week imo will be well rept.
    but not on wed between 7-,9-30 as im out..lol. anything between £3-50 and £7-50 would be ideal.
  • edited August 2013
    Well Done Daggs!!

Great idea!!

I Hope Forum & My Squaddies get behind You on This!!

PS Nice Response SKy Dave!!
  • edited August 2013
    .....Mega Stack Buy In with POKER POINTS??????

meybe, just meybe???
  • edited August 2013
    Change the Sunday afternoon 1 to the same as the Friday night one.

Everyone asked for it, no1 plays it. (15 runners last time)

Try the same buyin/structure.

Deepstacks poorly supported compared to other mtts. £2.20 @ 2.20 is a good example.
  • edited August 2013
    yes please another one of these.

suggestion wed night 8.15 start and £10+1 entry 500 Gaurantee raising each week the guarantee is broken.

why Wednesday. Wednesday night is rebuy night so must people are playing the main with 8k stacks 2+2+4 so are looking forward for full nights poker.

£10 buy in could be done as a sat earlier in the night for those that don't want to splash the tenner for a nights poker.
  • edited August 2013
    Great tourny pity only on a friday as i am out most fridays cant play very often would be very good to have another mega on wed
  • edited August 2013
    Nice post dale.

Gl mate.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack:
    yes please another one of these. suggestion wed night 8.15 start and £10+1 entry 500 Gaurantee raising each week the guarantee is broken. why Wednesday. Wednesday night is rebuy night so must people are playing the main with 8k stacks 2+2+4 so are looking forward for full nights poker. £10 buy in could be done as a sat earlier in the night for those that don't want to splash the tenner for a nights poker.
    Posted by aiken2001
    Aiken I'm not asking for a dearer buy in simply the same tourney to run an extra night. Sats are Ok to a dearer buy in but if you can't play the Sat for whatever reason there's a lot of players then priced out.
  • edited August 2013
    Hey Dagg, As I am sure you know, I am not one of the 'Suits' here in terms of the decision makers, but I am personally pleased to see the Mega Stacks do so well. I'll mention this thread to them, but as you know we're in the final throes of finishing the new software, so it might take a little while before we get back to you with a response. Feel free to politely bump this every now and then and I will do what I can to get you an answer. Cheers, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Thank you Dave much appreciated.
  • edited August 2013
    What time does the Mega stack usually finish? Might be a consideration especially on a school night.
  • edited August 2013
    What time does the Mega stack usually finish? Might be a consideration especially on a school night.
    Posted by Mohican
    It is usually pretty late, after midnight easily but maybe something could be worked out such as earlier start time or drop one or 2 smaller levels? I also like Dohhhhhhhs idea of replacing the Sunday tourney with a megastack. But all this is entirely up to Sky I don't want to add any stipulations.
  • edited August 2013
    I my opinion this is the best tournament relative to the buy in amount, the structure in my opinion works perfectly, i would also be very interested in a super mega stack maybe 20k for similar buy in i believe it would go down a treat on sky.

i certainly would be very interested in deepstack, megastack or even a supermega stack.

only my thoughts.
  • edited August 2013
    I think the structure needs altering on it. Remove some of the early levels, add some extra levels towards the business end. 

Also agree with Chicknmelt regarding some bigger buy in deepstacks or F/O's.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree with you Dale. The Mega Stack is a popular tourney so can't see the harm in more being added!
  • edited August 2013
    I believe the Megastack is the best tournament by far in the sky poker lobby. I look forward to it every week. It has a great structure, great starting stack and also amazing amount of poker for just a £5.50 buy in. I wish it continues for a long time and we get alot more like this. The megastack is favoured by alot of players as you can see it smashes the guarantee every week. I would like to see a league attached to it like we do in the DTDs so people can accumulate prizes like 1st place winning a seat into sundays primo and second place getting free entry into the following weeks Megastack. Anyone else think the same ?.
  • edited August 2013
    I believe the Megastack is the best tournament by far in the sky poker lobby. I look forward to it every week. It has a great structure, great starting stack and also amazing amount of poker for just a £5.50 buy in. I wish it continues for a long time and we get alot more like this. The megastack is favoured by alot of players as you can see it smashes the guarantee every week. I would like to see a league attached to it like we do in the DTDs so people can accumulate prizes like 1st place winning a seat into sundays primo and second place getting free entry into the following weeks Megastack. Anyone else think the same ?.
    Posted by coolmark
    +1
  • edited August 2013

The only problem is.......if it doesn't have a BH or a rebuy behind it then Sky never seem to be interested.

• edited August 2013
    Yeah true, a deepstack would defiantly work... how about a £11 buy in £800 GTE megastack added to the schedule even on a trial basis, the demand is clearly there!
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah true, a deepstack would defiantly work... how about a £11 buy in £800 GTE megastack added to the schedule even on a trial basis, the demand is clearly there!
    Posted by simonlufc
    Prefer £5.50 tbh. Think it would be more popular than £11. Like Dale says, stick with the current format but just add another one to the schedule.
  • edited August 2013
    The only problem is.......if it doesn't have a BH or a rebuy behind it then Sky never seem to be interested.
    Posted by waller02
    Be positive Ryan. The thread has had a great response so far and what Dave Bland said has given me some hope. The USP of the Megastack is the number of runners it gets. Spread the word and ask people to post so we keep thread visible.
  • edited August 2013

We need more deep stack one of the best games on the site come on listen to your players sky give us what we WANT and more megastaks .

• edited August 2013
    I think the structure needs altering on it. Remove some of the early levels, add some extra levels towards the business end.  Also agree with Chicknmelt regarding some bigger buy in deepstacks or F/O's.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Its a deepstack, people who play deepstack generally do so based on the structure in that it allows more room for playing hands without ending up with the normal all in fest.

To remove levels would be reducing this aspect to some extent.

If you are wanting a faster progressing tourney then dont play in a deepstack.
  • edited August 2013

+ 1   To everything . . More deep stacks,  more mega stacks,  5.50 and 11.00 buy ins please :-)  . . . . Thank you.
  • edited August 2013
    Played in it for the first time last night - enjoyed

Definitely more of these please