You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack:
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : Aiken I'm not asking for a dearer buy in simply the same tourney to run an extra night. Sats are Ok to a dearer buy in but if you can't play the Sat for whatever reason there's a lot of players then priced out.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Dale,

Would play either if on just looking at ways of making the game more popular. The 400 gte does not really bring the punters running in yes you get all of the regulars who want a good game of poker with a structure similar to those of the really big tourneys (12 min blinds on line = 30 min blinds live). With a tenner buy in and the structure on offer the prizepool could raise up o the 1k mark that statrs some peoples interest. Unfortunately Sky dont appear to want to cultivate interest in proper structured tourneys instead concentating on what they believe to be the bread winners of the bh and rebuy tourneys which do attract the punters in.

On another aspect of the finishing time this tourney should not be tampered with however if you move the start time to 7.30 and allow 1 1/2 hours of late buy in I believe this will increase the numbers of players turning in. Several times on a Friday night have been involved in the orford and a couple of other tourneys and forgot to reg for this one. Its really strange that your biggest stack tourney of the week goes without a late reg.

Tim
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : Dale, Would play either if on just looking at ways of making the game more popular. The 400 gte does not really bring the punters running in yes you get all of the regulars who want a good game of poker with a structure similar to those of the really big tourneys (12 min blinds on line = 30 min blinds live). With a tenner buy in and the structure on offer the prizepool could raise up o the 1k mark that statrs some peoples interest. Unfortunately Sky dont appear to want to cultivate interest in proper structured tourneys instead concentating on what they believe to be the bread winners of the bh and rebuy tourneys which do attract the punters in. On another aspect of the finishing time this tourney should not be tampered with however if you move the start time to 7.30 and allow 1 1/2 hours of late buy in I believe this will increase the numbers of players turning in. Several times on a Friday night have been involved in the orford and a couple of other tourneys and forgot to reg for this one. Its really strange that your biggest stack tourney of the week goes without a late reg. Tim
    Posted by aiken2001
     Tim on a purely selfish point of view a £10 buy in is above what i'm rolled for so I would have to qualify via a Sat. I also know of a few others who would be in the same situation but I see your point too and it's good to discuss the various options.
     I will argue the point you make that the Megastack doesn't bring the punters in. It will never compete with bounty hunters as Sky is a 95% bounty hunter site and that is what it promotes. But the only deepstack tournaments that get a bigger field than the Megastack is the DTD on Monday nights which are mentioned in promos by Sky and also has its own Facebook page. Last week the Megastack broke its guarantee by over 50% and has NEVER failed to beat it's guarantee.
     By the way it does have late reg but only for 36 minutes but an hour minimum would be better.
  • edited August 2013

I try to play this every week I can. It is very popular with some of the regs and I know others play different games at the same time as this.

I would like to see more of these (even just another 1 or 2) introduced into the MTT schedule somewhere. Maybe start them earlier (7pm) if in mid week though. 

I also agree, there should be a longer late reg period for them too. An Hour is ideal IMO.
  • edited August 2013
    The Mega Stack is by far the best tournament on Sky Poker. Definitely could do with another 1 or 2 of these. Agree with Maxally on the 7pm start in mid week and the hour late reg. Same buy-in and structure of the Friday night one would be perfect.
  • edited August 2013
    Look forward to these every Friday and would definately play if more were added. I do agree with Maxally that a 7pm start may be best on a school nite.  (Will never hear me say that again ,everness)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : Its a deepstack , people who play deepstack generally do so based on the structure in that it allows more room for playing hands without ending up with the normal all in fest. To remove levels would be reducing this aspect to some extent. If you are wanting a faster progressing tourney then dont play in a deepstack.
    Posted by calcalfold
    You don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever played said tournament?
  • edited August 2013
    I think the structure needs altering on it. Remove some of the early levels, add some extra levels towards the business end.  Also agree with Chicknmelt regarding some bigger buy in deepstacks or F/O's.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hi hhy etc. I'd like to go back to this post you made. If you are referring to the current Megastack on Friday night the one thing that does not need altering is the structure. For me and others it works perfectly, it's well paced for a deepstack and reach the final table and you are still deep enough for it not to be a shovefest. i have played it nearly every week since the start and only ever heard 1 person complain that it was too slow and he was new to it.

I will say that if Sky consider putting another in the schedule that there may be a need for slight alterations but nothing major.
  • edited August 2013
    here here Dale, cracking post
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : Hi hhy etc. I'd like to go back to this post you made. If you are referring to the current Megastack on Friday night the one thing that does not need altering is the structure. For me and others it works perfectly, it's well paced for a deepstack and reach the final table and you are still deep enough for it not to be a shovefest. i have played it nearly every week since the start and only ever heard 1 person complain that it was too slow and he was new to it.  I will say that if Sky consider putting another in the schedule that there may be a need for slight alterations but nothing major.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Feel the structure needs to be flattened somewhat. The times I have played it (not every week granted), there is loads of play early doors, but as soon as you approach the business end it becomes a shove or fold jobby. 

Removing a couple of the early levels (do we really need the 10/20 level when starting with 10k?!) to add in some levels later on would make the tournament flow better. It would still be a slow tournament, still have loads of play early doors, but it would enhance the play as you edge towards the money and then the final table. 

All my opinion of course. Doesn't need any major amendments, just a couple of level tweaks would improve it greatly I feel.
  • edited August 2013
    Anyone who uses the phrase "early doors" has lost the argument.
  • edited August 2013
      + 1   To everything . . More deep stacks,  more mega stacks,  5.50 and 11.00 buy ins please :-)  . . . . Thank you.
    Posted by seadragon
    +2 Sky need to look into these suggestions, there's obv a decent amount of interest in this thread, the demand is here :)
  • edited August 2013
    Anyone who uses the phrase "early doors" has lost the argument.
    Posted by FCHD
    What argument? 
  • edited August 2013
    Totally agree. Dale.... TBH I would play most BI's also as the Weds main event deepy was a personal fav (and others) and is muchly missed :)
  • edited August 2013
    Cmon Sky lets have it.Alot of people like a marathon, were not all sprinters.
  • edited August 2013

Would also like to see more of these. One of the tournaments I look forward to.

• edited August 2013
    I agree with everyone else the MegaStack is a great tournament and I would welcome more of them but at the £5 BI rather than £11 which is a bit much for me. If the majority wanted £11 fair enough, I would just play it every now and again rather than most weeks. :)
  • edited August 2013

We'll look into this and see what we can do, no promises, but we will look into it.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    At least there was a response. A good try all the same.
  • edited August 2013
    We'll look into this and see what we can do, no promises, but we will look into it. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    you,d better look into it and make it 7-7.30 if you put one on in midweek ;)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : you,d better look into it and make it 7-7.30 if you put one on in midweek ;)
    Posted by stokefc
    Lol.
  • edited August 2013
               Good post Dagg and the responses from fellow regulars are generaly in agreement and supportive of your suggestion thing is no feedback at all from the big men at the top! Now I acknowledge SkyDave not being a 'suit' or decision maker and also that were in the middle of a major re-vamp but surely some suit somewhere in the office could take 2-3 minutes to let us know our cries are not falling on deaf ears.  It give us the customer satisfaction to know at least that our input is valued,              looking at the posters there is known to me a good few SkyPoker regulars who I feel deserve better customer relations,  Cmon Sky It's nice to be Important,But more important to be nice!   Juss sayin like..
    Posted by HullCheat
    Hi HC, you might have missed it but we have posted saying we will look into this.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO SkyPoker Re £400 Megastack : Hi HC, you might have missed it but we have posted saying we will look into this. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Ha Kindly disregard my post,  better still remove it :0   Suppose I saved a few quid writing it and not playing tho eh, :)
  • edited August 2013

Extend the late reg to an hour would attract more runners IMO

• edited August 2013

Great idea Dale we need more of these and a lot of support for the also mate.
  • edited August 2013
    have only heard good things about this tourney so gonna play it tonight and it sounds like good night of poker for a nice reasonable buy in. would like too see more possibly on daily basis 
  • edited August 2013
    Once again the Megastack smashes the guarantee. Who'da thunk it
  • edited August 2013
    Played this for the first time tonight, enjoyed it, loads of play. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • edited August 2013
    What a great tourny ... even better that i was able to final table unfortunately not able to go the full road.. i would recommend this to everyone.. Again smashed Guarantee with £635 in prize pool. well done to everyone who cashed. See you all next week.

£400 Mega Stack

waller0212700001£177.48
    jawzindawz02£108.27
    play2win0203£66.67
    monkey12304£53.66
    bozzy211205£45.72
    bbMike06£39.37
    climatized07£32.70
    speedway108£26.35
    Wilhelm09£20.32
    coolmark010£20.32
    KICKER605011£15.56
    shepspaul012£15.56
    kev8013£13.02
  • edited October 2013
    At last I can resurrect this thread and tell you that there are 2 new Megastacks on the schedule, Mondays and Wednesdays. Same start time and same buy in but lower guarantees (£300) as weekday site traffic is usually less than weekends. Thank you Dave Bland and Sky Poker.