You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shanxta's Betting Diary - Finally in profit + 2nites NFL game

edited November 2013 in Betting Chat

1st 2 Bets:

£30 CHELSEA to beat Man U @12/5
£3 on SCHURRLE to score 1st @16/1

Comments

• edited November 2013

Ok, been thinking about doing a betting diary for a while now, so here goes.

This should hopefully include bets across a number of sports including Football, NFL, Speedway and Cricket (especially if i'm still going when the IPL starts).

The only bets i won't include is what i'm gonna class as social bets, for example the 14 fold £2.50 BTTS bets I put on for a laugh on a Saturday afternoon when I go down the pub to watch the scores come in, or if I go for a night at the dogs and i'm picking numbers out of hats trying to land a miracle tricasts.

Everything else will be included, that's kinda the aim for this, for me to track my bets, to try and make a small profit, and stop myself betting on the 4.30 @ Wolverhampton on a Tuesday afternoon, purely because i've got a few mins to waste.

If I do make a profit it'll be spent wisely, in Vegas in ~13 months!

I've given myself a starting balance of £1000, and if I lose this, then I shall be retiring from sports betting until at least Nov 2014!

I was a keen reader of Shuv's diary when that was going, was a great read.  But one thing I should point out is that I will be placing nowhere near as many bets as him, so don't expect lists of bets everyday!

I'm sure there's gonna be people on here that want me to fail, along with others that'll want me to succeed, but i've been around Sky since it started, so don't expect me to quit if it starts going wrong, i'll be here til the end, or Vegas, either way, it should be fun!

I will keep the figures below updated as frequently as possible: 

Profit / Loss +£9.10

Outstanding Bets £100
  • edited August 2013
    Best of luck!

love betting diaries!
  • edited August 2013
    Gl look forward to this
  • edited August 2013
    Gl with this SHANXTA, ul with first bets.

Hope you win big (will you be betting on SKY?)
  • edited August 2013
    best of luck mate are you betting on here or a different site?
    make sure you get best odds mate I have stopped betting on here as I lost 400 plus on best odds I now bet with coral and hey it makes a big diff gl all the same mate
  • edited August 2013

thanks for all of the comments / gl messages above, not sure how to reply to several people in one post, if anyone wants to explain, please feel free.....

in answer to the questions, I have accounts with probably all the major firms, and chefboy is right about Sky's lack of BOG, but at the moment I don't expect to include too many horse/dog bets in here so that shouldn't really affect this. 

• edited August 2013
    GOOD LUCK Shanxta!
  • edited August 2013

ok, spent the last hour looking at the late games in the US Open which started today, and am going with this double, doubt i'll be able to stay awake all the way through so Sky+ is recording!

S Williams vs F Schiavone OVER 16.5 games @8/11
    R Federer vs G Zemlja OVER 28.5 games @4.5

£15 double

and thanks for the additional good luck messages above
  • edited August 2013
    gd luck shanxta
  • edited August 2013
    Good Luck mate, Look forward to reading this, cant see why anyone would want you to fail, your betting on sports (other than football) that I know little about, so will be having a few of your bets for sure.
  • edited August 2013
    Good luck shanxta, should be a great diary this!
  • edited August 2013
    3.55 epsom 

5.05 epsom both mark johnston  horses    will run well
  • edited August 2013
    Schiavone :-(

Its not the red stuff!  Almagro today :-)
  • edited August 2013

GL Shanx with this. I will follow with interest. Taken a back seat with sports betting just recently, but will look out for a few tips from you on this thread.....no pressure :)
  • edited August 2013
    bink tiold ya johnstons horses firing   flashlight romps in 7/2  now for the 2nd 1  

only done £3 double still be ok return 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Shanxta's Betting Diary:
    Schiavone :-( Its not the red stuff!  Almagro today :-)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    yeah she is far better on the red stuff, but that still doesn't explain just how bad her performance was last night!  consecutive double faults at the start of your service game will put you in trouble against anyone, never mind Serena! Serena can start slow, but was getting point after point handed to her, oh well, on to the next 
  • edited August 2013
    bink tiold ya johnstons horses firing   flashlight romps in 7/2  now for the 2nd 1   only done £3 double still be ok return 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    been out all day so missed your post and haven't seen any racing, hope it landed
  • edited August 2013
    GL Shanx with this. I will follow with interest. Taken a back seat with sports betting just recently, but will look out for a few tips from you on this thread.....no pressure :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    thank you sir, no pressure then!
  • edited August 2013
    shocking tennis result last night, didn't turn up at all, oh well on to the next

looked through the football 2day, haven't really got interest in a lot of the short priced favourites

the best bet i've seen today is in the ashes, yes it's still going, well, the womens ashes is. it's the 1st of 3 T20's 2nite, was expecting England to be shorter than the 4/5 that's available atm, looks the value to me.

so, the bets 2nite:

Ashes - ENGLAND WOMEN v Australia Women @4/5  £25 Single

Capital One Cup:
    BURTON v Fulham @11/2  £5 Single
    PETERBOROUGH v Reading @9/5 £10 Single 
    £3 Double
  • edited August 2013
    Not sure why everyone is going for Burton tonight.  but GL

Gone for Fulham to score over 2.5 myself !     15/8    £100 on.   Cumon Fulham
  • edited August 2013
    Gl with your thread SHAXTA.  I like my tennis and footy so if you have any thoughts you would like to discuss give me a shout.

Like your Fed bet.  Shame to see the great man struggle like he has been. I've gone for Nadal to win it but might look to lay off in later stages if Murray and Joker hit top form.
  • edited August 2013
    shocking tennis result last night, didn't turn up at all, oh well on to the next looked through the football 2day, haven't really got interest in a lot of the short priced favourites the best bet i've seen today is in the ashes, yes it's still going, well, the womens ashes is. it's the 1st of 3 T20's 2nite, was expecting England to be shorter than the 4/5 that's available atm, looks the value to me. so, the bets 2nite: Ashes - ENGLAND WOMEN v Australia Women @4/5  £25 Single Capital One Cup: BURTON v Fulham @11/2  £5 Single PETERBOROUGH v Reading @9/5 £10 Single  £3 Double
    Posted by SHANXTA
    very well done on the footie double

Sorry I thought Burton 2 Fulham 1 was a final score on teletext , it must have still been in ET.

Unlucky
  • edited August 2013
    The burton game is a loser, isnt it?
  • edited August 2013
    The burton game is a loser, isnt it?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    of course you are right, see edited post above.

SORRY
  • edited August 2013
    gl with the thread
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Shan,

Looking at these bets today:

J. Zheng +4.5  1.82
    Garcia +4.5  1.8
    Nap:  Stephens 1.58
    Seppi v Malisse over 38.5  1.84

Good luck today sir!

• edited August 2013
    shocking tennis result last night, didn't turn up at all, oh well on to the next looked through the football 2day, haven't really got interest in a lot of the short priced favourites the best bet i've seen today is in the ashes, yes it's still going, well, the womens ashes is. it's the 1st of 3 T20's 2nite, was expecting England to be shorter than the 4/5 that's available atm, looks the value to me. so, the bets 2nite: Ashes - ENGLAND WOMEN v Australia Women @4/5  £25 Single Capital One Cup: BURTON v Fulham @11/2  £5 Single PETERBOROUGH v Reading @9/5 £10 Single  £3 Double
    Posted by SHANXTA
    WINNER!!!!!

finally off the mark! almost a perfect night last night, but 2 winners gets me started and slowly crawling back towards even!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Shanxta's Betting Diary : very well done on the footie double Sorry I thought Burton 2 Fulham 1 was a final score on teletext , it must have still been in ET. Unlucky
    Posted by vaigret
    no worries, i checked the scores about 10 mins b4 the end and had given up anyway!