You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi Poker Peeps,

We’ve got a cracking show lined up for you tonight. Tikay and I will be kicking things off at 7pm, where we’ll be following the final table of last Thursdays 12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

At 8pm, it’s all about the 10K Primo. We’ll be dedicating the rest of the live show to following the highs and lows from this daddy of a tournament; so make sure you get registered and hopefully we’ll be watching you take down a monster pot live on-air!

Now there’s nothing better than sneaking a big bluff through on the tables, so our talking point on tonight’s live show is entitled “Blag Brag”; but there’s a twist…

We want to know what’s your best bluff/blag away from the felt?

Could be sneaking your way back stage at a concert or nabbing an award you might not have exactly deserved. I’m sure there are some cracking stories out there!

And don't forget, the mighty Tikay is primed and ready to answer any questions playing on your mind. So don’t be shy, get those comments and hand Id’s in.

See you all at 7!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I used to blag that I was French in my youth. I was pretty fluent in conversational French and my accent was good. Plus it never had to be perfect just better than your average English person which wasn't difficult.

Once got into the players area of a major table tennis tournament by pretending to be a member of the French team who had left his id back at the hotel.

Had a girl convinced I was French while on holiday once too, was going well until it turned out she was staying in our hotel and the rest of my family kind of gave us away.

Nowadays I get paid to blag, only we charge clients for it and call it "social engineering" as part of a penetration test assignment. We get into offices and access computers by pretending to be IT support or some form of auditor, or a nervous interviewee.
  • edited September 2013
    Great story Phantom, exactly what we're looking for. Will make sure to read your post out in the first hour of the live show! 
  • edited September 2013
    The Sky Poker Premiership has been great so far apart from us purples not winning so far. Hopefully that will change tonight. 

COYP!!! - Come on you Purples!!!
  • edited September 2013

Evening Yiannis. Scotty looks like he has aged recently :)

For those who are enjoying playing the poker premiership games on Sky Poker, please also check out the DTD night on a Monday on here. There is a thread up with all the details but basically it is another fun night for not much outlay (£5.50 for 3 tournaments!, great value)

Have a good show guys! 
  • edited September 2013
    i was on an apprentceship with a lad called gary. gary was a serious womaniser, collected girls like lads collected pannini footy stickers. he met a girl in a club who was studying literature at university, she was well-read, bohiemian and angelic; he was a welder who read nuts magazine and ate pot-noodles. back then i wouldn't read anything unless it was pretentiously difficult, long or obscure, so he asked me to phone her to arrange meet-ups in his lunch hour. it seemed to work for them, he had a wild posh-girl-on-the-side; she had her noble-savage: a lover-welder who could quote pynchon and had opinions on espistemology. id phone her in the night, arrange a meet and give gaz the cliff-notes of our conversation the next day in work. they'd meet for "lunch" whenever they could.

unfortunately for gary i enjoyed the chats with his girl a bit too much and started phoning her throughout the week without later giving him a heads-up. it didnt matter for a while as they didnt do much talking when they met up, but it couldnt last. he came into work one afternoon demanding to know why i had been phoning her and what i had been saying to her as she had ended their affair saying his personality swings were too much. it was like helen bonham-carter and tyler durden apparently.

he later showed me a photo of the girl and there's no way in the world i would have had the confidence to even make eye-contact with someone who looked like that. but as 'gary' there was no stopping me. twas a fun affair, even if i was the only one of the three not actually getting... well you know what i mean. 

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited September 2013
    hi enjoying the show
    tonight i have just qualified for my first ever primo main event and yet again it was from a semi and is now my 3rd time this week that i have qualified for the main event from a semi. 
    although they are more expensive sats the way i get round that is doing a few DYM or timed tourneys
  • edited September 2013
    hi could you analyse this hand from my view please the villain i face is a loose limper and right away i get my nightmare flop.
    686081490 the primo
    is it best to fold?
  • edited September 2013
    Evening both

Hope you are well

just a quick note to say Yiannis you are doing a grand job really enjoying the show this evening

all the best
  • edited September 2013
    well i have just got punished for checking the flop and have been knocked out of the main event by the guy who i had the problem with last hand.

now it's all or nothing in the mini as for my future MTT next time don't even give 1 free card to these limpers as they could have anything even a pair
  • edited September 2013
    it's the black & white .... show
    can't turn on the volume 
    but the picture is quite loud enough

• edited September 2013
    Hi Guys,

Not exactly a blag/bluff  BUT I played an ALL-IN sat recently.  There were 49 runners and going into the FT I had 4K chips and my oppo had 45k chips.  Guess who won?  Pokers a funny old game sometimes.  Gotta say V unlucky to my oppo who played very well and took defeat graciously!  ;-)
    pad
  • edited September 2013
    Fantasy SPT open for entries, give us a plug guys :)

Thanks again for your help Tikay, see you at the weekend.
  • edited September 2013
    Sorted, copy and paste error, thanks for the heads up
  • edited September 2013

9:36 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 217 405 95 44
    left 110 167 23  

Hornet80 2 1    
    mewillows 9 105    
    DivsDreams 13 34    
    SonicMan 15 73    
    EBBERDON 16 133    
    sara36dd08 23 158    
    jh16 25 113    
    Eyeman 26 167    
    POKEY2011 31 127    
    TommyD 35 134    
    maximus66 54 16    
    millstone 57 76    
    fara 60 119    
    spartan300 63 140    
    mackarel21 70 23    
    Sidarlokin 72 100    
    jokerjoe31 86 147    
    chicknMelt 88 94    
    Mariusz80 92 83    
    jawzindawz 96 86    
    bolly580 104 148    
    Zaphod50 105 120    
    DELDAVE 106 107    

• edited September 2013
    Glad you enjoyed the Prem Poker updates, certainly kept me busy. Now getting a drink to enjoy the show!

Will see you in Newcastle.

Mike.
  • edited September 2013

10:15 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 217 405 95 44  
    left 65 86 9    

millstone 18 2      
    SonicMan 33 79      
    chicknMelt 35 41      
    Mariusz80 44 22      
    EBBERDON 45 55      
    DivsDreams 46 28      
    fara 53 3      
    TommyD 61 69      
    jawzindawz 63 61      

• edited September 2013
    Tikay is right to suggest that I've been knocking about since 2007.

First time he's made me feel old in that time.

Enjoyed every minute - keep up the good work.

D.
  • edited September 2013
    yiannis im loving your tie and shirt combo
  • edited September 2013
    I'd like to add my appreciation for bbMike's constant updating of the Poker Premiership scores tonight, even if does look like the Reds have lost to the purples.
  • edited September 2013
    TK what are you planning to start with bankroll wise on the cash tables?

I would love to join in and start on the same levels and see if I can learn along with you.

Never mastered NL cash - started poker on FL cash and learned to win, switched to STTs and learned to win but NL cash seems to be a bankroll killer for me at the moment.
  • edited September 2013

10:41 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 217 405 95 44  
    left 39 49 3    

SonicMan 17 37      
    chicknMelt 19 35      
    millstone 33 3      

• edited September 2013

yiannis,

just 1 left.  millstone is peter.  he was 2nd to yoyo in spt dublin.

10:44 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 217 405 95 44  
    left 37 46 1    

millstone 35 5      

• edited September 2013
    Hi Yiannis and Tony

Great show.

Would like to wish every one good luck at Newcastle this weekend.  We won't be there we have a grandchild arriving this week and think we might be a bit busy.  LOL

Love
    sue and Dave

xx
  • edited September 2013
    hi tikay
         need ur help ,just played a bh did ok cashed and got 3 heads, but one hand bothers me.i was all in against 2 others I had 1 covered and less then the other, I won with 3 jacks but the player who had me covered came second with 2 pair.my question is why did he get the head prize and not me  seems wrong .thanks  HARRYGUNDO
  • edited September 2013
    I'll help you out Tikay

3 way all in, both hands beat the short stack

Head prize goes to player that started the hand with the most chips
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Yiannis and Tony

Yes we are having a new grandchild.  That will give us 5 and we have another grand child due in October.

Phew

Sue and Dave
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay:
    hi tikay      need ur help ,just played a bh did ok cashed and got 3 heads, but one hand bothers me.i was all in against 2 others I had 1 covered and less then the other, I won with 3 jacks but the player who had me covered came second with 2 pair.my question is why did he get the head prize and not me  seems wrong .thanks  HARRYGUNDO
    Posted by HARRYGUNDO
    The way you describe the hand, you would have won both the main and the side pot. The big stack wouldn't have won anything.

This type of issue is usually down to the player being mistaken about the stack sizes at the start of the hand, or just believing that they haven't been credited with the bounty when, in fact, they have.

If you can post the hand history, we could have a look... If there's a real problem, then you can send it to customer care and they'll sort it out.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : The way you describe the hand, you would have won both the main and the side pot. The big stack wouldn't have won anything. This type of issue is usually down to the player being mistaken about the stack sizes at the start of the hand, or just believing that they haven't been credited with the bounty when, in fact, they have. If you can post the hand history, we could have a look... If there's a real problem, then you can send it to customer care an they'll sort it out.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    The question was over the head prize Borin

The chips would go to our friend, but the head prize to the guy who was 2nd in he hand as he had the most chips when the hand started.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : The question was over the head prize Borin The chips would go to our friend, but the head prize to the guy who was 2nd in he hand as he had the most chips when the hand started.
    Posted by Slykllist
    I honestly can't believe that's right. If we have the eliminated player covered and we win the hand, we win the bounty, surely. We've won the hand so we're the one that knocked him out.

I don't play many bounty hunters but if that's not the way it works it's not right. The big stack had a losing hand, after all. I have to just think that the poster is mistaken.

Anything else would be bonkers.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : I honestly can't believe that's right. If we have the eliminated player covered and we win the hand, we win the bounty, surely. We've won the hand so we're the one that knocked him out. I don't play many bounty hunters but if that's not the way it works it's not right. The big stack had a losing hand, after all. I have to just think that the poster is mistaken. Anything else would be bonkers.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Actually, I'm starting to doubt myself now......... thinking about it when I've seen this it's been when the pot has been split and then the head prize goes to the biggest stack.