You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay:
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : It's right, trust me :)
    Posted by Slykllist
    If it is right, it's bonkers. I'd still like to see the hand history... ;)

I'll start a thread about this in the morning and see what others think.

"Make the best hand and watch one of the losers take the money"

Makes sense...
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : If it is right, it's bonkers. I'd still like to see the hand history... ;) I'll start a thread about this in the morning and see what others think. "Make the best hand and watch one of the losers take the money" Makes sense...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Please see above, I changed my post ;)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : Please see above, I changed my post ;)
    Posted by Slykllist
    Ah right. No problem.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : Actually, I'm starting to doubt myself now......... thinking about it when I've seen this it's been when the pot has been split and then the head prize goes to the biggest stack.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Thanks guys new to b/h don't know all the rules, still seems wrong though if I win the hand I should win the bounty. Anyway again thanks off to bed I will check back tomorrow sent e mail to the help desk Goodnight and gl to all.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : Thanks guys new to b/h don't know all the rules, still seems wrong though if I win the hand I should win the bounty. Anyway again thanks off to bed I will check back tomorrow sent e mail to the help desk Goodnight and gl to all.
    Posted by HARRYGUNDO
    Say you have 500 and the other guy has 600. He shoves you call and win, he has 100 left - you can't knock him out so you can't take his bounty.

Extend that and a larger stack than you is also in. You beat him and take the 500 off him and the short guy, but the large stack takes the rest of the short guys stack and therefore his bounty.

You said you thought you had the short stack covered. If you did you should have received the bounty. However, if the guy had posted a blind perhaps you didn't have him covered in total, or perhaps you were mistaken. Post the hand from the history we'll soon see.

Hope the explanation makes sense.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : Say you have 500 and the other guy has 600. He shoves you call and win, he has 100 left - you can't knock him out so you can't take his bounty. Extend that and a larger stack than you is also in. You beat him and take the 500 off him and the short guy, but the large stack takes the rest of the short guys stack and therefore his bounty. You said you thought you had the short stack covered. If you did you should have received the bounty. However, if the guy had posted a blind perhaps you didn't have him covered in total, or perhaps you were mistaken. Post the hand from the history we'll soon see. Hope the explanation makes sense.
    Posted by bbMike
    Think this is probably the most likely explanation.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Live show 1/9/13 - with Yiannis and Tikay : Say you have 500 and the other guy has 600. He shoves you call and win, he has 100 left - you can't knock him out so you can't take his bounty. Extend that and a larger stack than you is also in. You beat him and take the 500 off him and the short guy, but the large stack takes the rest of the short guys stack and therefore his bounty. You said you thought you had the short stack covered. If you did you should have received the bounty. However, if the guy had posted a blind perhaps you didn't have him covered in total, or perhaps you were mistaken. Post the hand from the history we'll soon see. Hope the explanation makes sense.
    Posted by bbMike
    Cheers bb mike that is close to what happened, got a response from the help desk I was third in chips not second so yes even though I won the hand I did not knock out anyone,the player who got the bounty deserved it as he came second and covered both of us.Must have lost count as I just lost over half my stack the previous hand, must keep a better eye on my stack from now on. Thanks to all for ur help sorry to have been mistaken but nice to know help is so close at hand by so many knowledgeable people. Look forward to giving u guys all my chips as I learn to play properly Ha Ha, thanks again Harry Gundo
  • edited September 2013

Nice Post Harry, thank you.

Now you are here, hang around, there are some incredibly helpful & well meaning regulars here. 

Enjoy!