You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beat again

blinds were 3.00 he had 6k i had 5k he rised 7.50 i called with k 9 of clubs
flop becomes k35 i hit the king then he kept on rising untill last card......
guest wat towards the end 2 hearts came out he wins with a flush.
the cards he had 10 2 bs this lool too many bad beats with shet cards against shet players.Might well give up and move to differnt site
sky allways favour the players who spend more money on site 

Comments

• edited September 2013
    This is shocking. I actually just did a little sick in my mouth. I am appalled to play my poker on Sky when things like this happen.
  • edited September 2013
    on other sites i win plenty of $ but i keep comming back to deposit money then lose to 10 2 of hearts great this site is
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to bad beat again:
    blinds were 3.00 he had 6k i had 5k he rised 7.50 i called with k 9 of clubs flop becomes k35 i hit the king then he kept on rising untill last card...... guest wat towards the end 2 hearts came out he wins with a flush. the cards he had 10 2 bs this lool too many bad beats with shet cards against shet players.Might well give up and move to differnt site sky allways favour the players who spend more money on site 
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    "blinds were 3.00"

3.00 and what??

" he rised 7.50"

He rised did he? not raised?

" i called with k 9 of clubs"

Cos it was sooted yea?

"i hit the king then he kept on rising untill last card"

Still rising, not raising huh? Paired king 9 kicker? top pair middle kicker? ok good for you.

"shet cards against shet players"

Try playing 400nl on Ipoker, see how you get on againts non "shet" players

This thread is a bad beat
  • edited September 2013
    lol so your saying i should fold k9 of clubs wen i had outs bs
    friendly community? yeah right i just posting my bad beats if you don't like it then don't comment
    he been raising all night with shet cards

• edited September 2013
    We are a friendly community on the whole (except myself at times).

But we are just fed up with the constant whinging at bad beats. You never get anybody posting on here to comment about when they get lucky with a freak turn or river (or both).

Bad beats are part of poker, in fact bad beats are GOOD, it shows (for the most part) that we have out played the other player.

We want other players getting the money in when they are behind. this is how we make money at de pokerz.

Post the hand as it was from the "hand history" section of "My Sky poker", then we can do a proper critique.

And before you move to another site, you might want to research some alleged documented scandals on other sites, im not going to name names here. Suffice to say, I am very happy that imo Sky is totally legit and honest. Its some of the others you might want to watch out for.
  • edited September 2013
    not showing the pictures grrrr oh well but m8 i looked at it, was my mistake flush was on because it was k 3 5 of hearts was out. i wasn't playing attention to it i thought he had pairs lool i'll move on then
  • edited September 2013

In Response to Re: bad beat again:
    In Response to bad beat again : "blinds were 3.00" 3.00 and what?? " he rised 7.50" He rised did he? not raised? " i called with k 9 of clubs" Cos it was sooted yea? "i hit the king then he kept on rising untill last card" Still rising, not raising huh? Paired king 9 kicker? top pair middle kicker? ok good for you. "shet cards against shet players" Try playing 400nl on Ipoker, see how you get on againts non "shet" players This thread is a bad beat
    Posted by calcalfold
    Oh man again picking on spelling mistakes calcal. you are a donkey
  • edited September 2013
    not showing the pictures grrrr oh well but m8 i looked at it, was my mistake flush was on because it was k 3 5 of hearts was out. i wasn't playing attention to it i thought he had pairs lool i'll move on then
    Posted by imtoogoo26
    Fair play to you for coming back and admitting your error.

So many here cant take any criticism on board, and just reply with midless drivel or insults. This sort of behavour, of couse, is of no benefit to their game or development as a player.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Fair play to you for coming back and admitting your error. So many here cant take any criticism on board, and just reply with midless drivel or insults. This sort of behavour, of couse, is of no benefit to their game or development as a player.
    Posted by calcalfold
    The Dribble is flowing from you every night !! and i aint intrested in being a better player on this site as  i do ok on other sites. just come here for a read and every time your there correcting people for spelling mistakes have you not got nothing better to do.

Always saying how fed up you are with reading them yet offer no advice on poker only on spelling Pathetic if you ask me

dont like the posts yet read and comment on everyone that dont spell the right way jumped up little donkey

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again :  Always saying how fed up you are with reading them yet offer no advice on poker
    Posted by ALANSK100
    I wasnt going to bother, as you will be added to my chump list as soon as I have read your reply to this post, but I will correct one of the many errors in your above statement.

In reply to the above quote, I clearly said in my above post the following:

"Post the hand as it was from the "hand history" section of "My Sky poker", then we can do a proper critique."

Clearly I made an offer to OP, admittedly in my second post, but an offer nonetheless to critique the hand as played. I also gave an insight into why bad beats are good, and a reasoned opinion as to why he might be ok sticking around on Sky poker.

In light of this, I feel that I have given some useful poker related information to OP. Perhaps he might not find them overly insightful, but I have gone out of my way to try and help. Suffice to say I think I offered a better contribution to this thread than yourself........hang about, what was your contribution exactly.........?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : I wasnt going to bother, as you will be added to my chump list as soon as I have read your reply to this post, but I will correct one of the many errors in your above statement. In reply to the above quote, I clearly said in my above post the following: "Post the hand as it was from the "hand history" section of "My Sky poker", then we can do a proper critique." Clearly I made an offer to OP, admittedly in my second post, but an offer nonetheless to critique the hand as played. I also gave an insight into why bad beats are good, and a reasoned opinion as to why he might be ok sticking around on Sky poker. In light of this, I feel that I have given some useful poker related information to OP. Perhaps he might not find them overly insightful, but I have gone out of my way to try and help. Suffice to say I think I offered a better contribution to this thread than yourself........hang about, what was your contribution exactly.........?
    Posted by calcalfold

but serious guys would anyone attempt to raise with 10 3 of hearts lool that wat i'm saying shet players win with shet cards i wouldn't attempt that raise
  • edited September 2013
    Truely dreadful post made worse by the constant use of the word SHET
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Fair play to you for coming back and admitting your error. So many here cant take any criticism on board, and just reply with midless drivel or insults. This sort of behavour, of couse, is of no benefit to their game or development as a player.
    Posted by calcalfold
    midless??
    behavour??
    couse??

Just saying...:-)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : midless?? behavour?? couse?? Just saying...:-)
    Posted by igimc
    Check mate.
  • edited September 2013
    aleast this thread got some posts but still i'll move on and learn from it like i said from my recent post
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : midless?? behavour?? couse?? Just saying...:-)
    Posted by igimc
    carefull you might get a spell check lol
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : carefull you might get a spell check lol
    Posted by ALANSK100
    Firstly, you have not stated what your contribution has been.

Secondly, you are taking the p out of my spelling, yet the first word of your post is a spelling mistake......what a 48 carat tool!

Now Mr Sen, welcome to the chump list.
  • edited September 2013

Why is there a need to correct peoples spelling? Especially when the above posts show your spelling is pretty poor, this may well be because you are smashing your keyboard like an angry monkey but still a fair point to make don't you think?

Also offering poker help after out right insulting them, well played sir! Not even sure why you are offering advice half the time as you talk absolute nonsense, but hey ho each to their own. If you want to take advice off a NL4 bum hunter then send calcalfold a PM I am sure he can insult you, teach you how not to spell and teach you how to use the "find player" part of the software.

(I would like to bet that you have also proof read this post to find as many errors as possible)

Kalie xx

• edited September 2013
    Why is there a need to correct peoples spelling? Especially when the above posts show your spelling is pretty poor, this may well be because you are smashing your keyboard like an angry monkey but still a fair point to make don't you think? Also offering poker help after out right insulting them, well played sir! Not even sure why you are offering advice half the time as you talk absolute nonsense, but hey ho each to their own. If you want to take advice off a NL4 bum hunter then send calcalfold a PM I am sure he can insult you, teach you how not to spell and teach you how to use the "find player" part of the software. (I would like to bet that you have also proof read this post to find as many errors as possible) Kalie xx
    Posted by Batkin88
    Ok, please refer to which advice I have recently given that you consider "nonsense", starting with this thread perhaps? a nice easy one for you to quote seeing as we are here.

Not even sure why am asking, we all know you never back anything up with actual evidence.

Purely from a life preservation stance I will not be holding my breath.
  • edited September 2013
    Haha 4nl bum hunter! 

Hey Kalie, I sat with Mr CCF on a couple of 4nl tables recently. I thought he'd be licking his lips that a mostly MTT player was sat in his backyard ready to play, but alas he left both tables within a couple of orbits. Can't think why.
  • edited September 2013
    Taking the mick out of a player for doing something thats +ve

gg wp etc

Give up the brown (red) nosing, it doesnt suit you.
  • edited September 2013
    Taking the mick out of a player for doing something thats +ve gg wp etc Give up the brown (red) nosing, it doesnt suit you.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Why is it +ev? You are the 4nl superstar, I am the MTT player. Surely its -ev to up and leave. You should've been over the moon when I sat down.

• edited September 2013
    Never heard of transferable skills?

Firstly I have never claimed to be a "superstar". Im not even good at poker.

Secondly, yes you play MTT, but most of the 4nl droolers are way worse than even you.

Therefore it was +ve to leave given I like fish to my right or right+1/+2 and you were sat in one of those seats on both tables.
  • edited September 2013
    Never heard of transferable skills? Firstly I have never claimed to be a "superstar". Im not even good at poker. Secondly, yes you play MTT, but most of the 4nl droolers are way worse than even you. Therefore it was +ve to leave given I like fish to my right or right+1/+2 and you were sat in one of those seats on both tables.
    Posted by calcalfold
    DONKEY CALCAL
  • edited September 2013
    Never heard of transferable skills? Firstly I have never claimed to be a "superstar". Im not even good at poker. Secondly, yes you play MTT, but most of the 4nl droolers are way worse than even you. Therefore it was +ve to leave given I like fish to my right or right+1/+2 and you were sat in one of those seats on both tables.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Know you're getting a lot of stick at the moment so please don't think I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Just that I think you have this wrong personally.
    Give me the strong players to my right and weak players to my left everytime.
  • edited September 2013

Personally I would say that you are wrong, I would rather to have weak player to me right and left

Anyway, why do you prefer to have known weaks on your left? rather than right?
  • edited September 2013
    Personally I would say that you are wrong, I would rather to have weak player to me right and left Anyway, why do you prefer to have known weaks on your left? rather than right?
    Posted by calcalfold
    Do you not know anything about position?
  • edited September 2013
    Do you ever answer a question?
  • edited September 2013
    Do you ever answer a question?
    Posted by calcalfold
    Well it wasn't directed at me. You clearly have many leaks but being ignorant of position is probably your biggest. 
  • edited September 2013
    It depends on your definitions of good (and I think I know what 'good' means at 4NL).

We want really tight/solid/nitty players on our left cos they won't be 3betting our opens too often and for lots of other reasons

We want weak players on our right cos we can just relentlessly isolate them, 3bet them, and just destroy them when we'll have position on them virtually non stop.

Money on a table generally goes clockwise due to how important position is but if the guy to our right is tight/nitty then it makes it really hard to get money out of him.

100% want the fish on my right.