You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beat again

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    As a new player I've been really interested in all the forum activity Bad Beats included and I must say what a miserable, back stabbing lot you are. My boyfriend suggested I start my poker forays at this site (with televised encouragement from the likes of Tikay) as it was supposed to be such a friendly community. Yet one bad beat on a 4NL table and its as if someone has screwed your partner! I don't pretend to be any sort of player but beats happen, yet there seems to be no posts of players "binking" when they're 4/1 dogs. Suck it up and get over it cry babies and stop putting people down when they make mistakes, surely they're the players you want at the tables??
  • edited September 2013
    nice post but it allways happens i lose to shet cards i give up on raising with bests cards like aces/ak/aq/aj

like i said recent post i'll move on cause i got my revenge on someone else with aj. I  got my luck back against someone  qq's......
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again:
    As a new player I've been really interested in all the forum activity Bad Beats included and I must say what a miserable, back stabbing lot you are. My boyfriend suggested I start my poker forays at this site (with televised encouragement from the likes of Tikay) as it was supposed to be such a friendly community. Yet one bad beat on a 4NL table and its as if someone has screwed your partner! I don't pretend to be any sort of player but beats happen, yet there seems to be no posts of players "binking" when they're 4/1 dogs. Suck it up and get over it cry babies and stop putting people down when they make mistakes, surely they're the players you want at the tables??
    Posted by kriztofin
    Kriztofin

I can understand from some of the recent threads why your first impressions of the site are not favourable. As with all things in life, not everybody gets on and there are clashes.

However in general the forum is very good and can be really helpful and supportive to new players. Have a look round at some of the threads in poker chat for example. There are a few diaries in there where people have charted their progress and have had some good advice to help them improve. (I wouldn't bother with "ramblings of an old man" though :).

When I first joined the community I wasn't sure what to expect. I must say ive really enjoyed my time on here. I've now been to 3 SPT's which I wouldn't have done otherwise and had a great time and made some really good friends.

Give it a chance, you never know you may end up liking it.
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by kriztofin
    Post of the week for me. 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Kriztofin I can understand from some of the recent threads why your first impressions of the site are not favourable. As with all things in life, not everybody gets on and there are clashes. However in general the forum is very good and can be really helpful and supportive to new players. Have a look round at some of the threads in poker chat for example. There are a few diaries in there where people have charted their progress and have had some good advice to help them improve. (I wouldn't bother with "ramblings of an old man" though :). When I first joined the community I wasn't sure what to expect. I must say ive really enjoyed my time on here. I've now been to 3 SPT's which I wouldn't have done otherwise and had a great time and made some really good friends. Give it a chance, you never know you may end up liking it.
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks for the response Jac35

I didn't want to come across all high and mighty and I'm enjoying my poker experience so far. (Though results and terse comments from my partner suggest I have a lot to learn). I guess I wasn't expecting such criticism at that level of play. 

With regards to your 3 SPT's (did you qualify through MTT's?), that is something I would very much like to achieve and make a few friends on the way. Hopefully I can crush a few 4NL tables to get there:). In the mean time, I apologize if I've put anyones nose out of joint and wish you the best of luck. 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Post of the week for me. 
    Posted by JPW33
    +1 for me also

it's split the forum for me 50/50 good/bad

some truely solid guys on here / some, well truely not

i'd join a team for some positive feedback (ideally TPT)
  • edited September 2013
    Good ole Urban Dictionary. Thanks for explaining "shet"

• edited September 2013
    have not had a decent hand on this site for 2 weeks and with lots of broken connections and abuse from various numptys this site stinks
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Thanks for the response Jac35   I didn't want to come across all high and mighty and I'm enjoying my poker experience so far. (Though results and terse comments from my partner suggest I have a lot to learn). I guess I wasn't expecting such criticism at that level of play.    With regards to your 3 SPT's (did you qualify through MTT's?), that is something I would very much like to achieve and make a few friends on the way. Hopefully I can crush a few 4NL tables to get there:). In the mean time, I apologize if I've put anyones nose out of joint and wish you the best of luck. 
    Posted by kriztofin

Yeah, generally 90% of the players at the SPT's satellite into the events.
    Even if you don't qualify though it's worth going to them. They have side events usually around the £25 level and you'd be made to feel very welcome. Tikay and most of the SKY are usually there over the entire weekend and will give you any help and advice you may need about playing live.

Good luck with the cash games
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Do you not know anything about position?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Depends if your talking about 69 with batkin88 she is a hottie lol
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beat again : Depends if your talking about 69 with batkin88 she is a hottie lol
    Posted by ALANSK100
    lol
  • edited March 2015
  • edited March 2015
    Please don't let "shet" catch on.
  • edited April 2015
    usual suspects always favoured on sky a fact of life ,get used to it will never change on here