You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambo goes Pro - Blog by Lambert180

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Lambo goes Pro - Blog by Lambert180:
    Cheers Ger, Yeah it just wouldn't be possible without my girlfriend being right behind me. Not letting it negatively affect my personal life is an important thing to me, and so I'm concentrating on trying to see how well I can do from the game while still maintaining a good balance of 'off the table' activities too. Mentioned earlier in the thread but will probably do an end of year update as I'll have been playing for a few months then and should have a better idea of how I'm getting on.
    Posted by Lambert180
    In my experience, the last thing you want when you're trying to play poker is the girlfriend right behind you! :)
  • edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    Hi Lambert

Hadn't posted until now as wasn't quite sure what to say
    Wish you luck, obv, but as a career with more than one mouth to feed.....
    Jobs are precious, i know having been around long enough to lose a few
    But careers have advancement potential, not just todays earnings
    Going pro temporarily while looking for the next real job, absolutely
    But I would still be looking for the next real job
    And when you find it you can then make the decision whether to take it or not
    Just my twopence worth

glgl whatever
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for the advice Geldy, please don't think I'm being dismissive or naive but that just isn't the route I want to take. Some may say it's laziness or I haven't found the right job, but I'm turning 27 in November and have worked full time pretty much non stop since the age of 16 and I've come to a point where really the only things I am qualified/experienced enough to do, are things that I really don't want to do.

I understand careers have advancement potential, but so does poker. I would never consider trying this if I just thought 'I'm gonna stay at X level and make £1500 per month from now until the day I die'. I am always going to pushing to improve my game and play the highest games which I am rolled for and good enough to beat. I think if you were to go into with that mindset then you shouldn't go into it at all.

I won't go into too much personal details but luckily my money isn't the only income in the house and we have very low living costs.... we're life nits ;)