You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Just a little bit of work here (from home) as it's a busy quarter-end, then it's re-string the guitars time!

Oh also got some Shark documentaries to catch up on (love Sharks! Beautiful creatures). And a Blackbird docu. No, Tikay, not the feathery version. The SR-71 version.

Rag 'n' Bone man is outside haha. Amazing they still exist!

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE:
    Not playing the tables this weekend mood and energy not high as my wife is in hospital and has been for 2 weeks following emergency surgery. As this is not a chunter zone - I am positively looking forward to my 2 visits and the 3 hour plus round trip as my wife is improving and will hopefully be out before next weekend and you cant get more positive than that. Dipping into the community as a distraction/entertainment and hoping that we can finish the cryptic clue thread soon! My head hurts!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Get well mojo vibes being sent to the good lady!

I see your avatar and it just reminds me of Stapes' purple joke from his most recent show, hahaha. The silence from James spoke volumes.

• edited September 2013
    Good morning all
    Will be losing at low stakes deepstacks today .
    And then going to bet onthe big game on sunday.
    Prediction for the game coventry o BRENTFORD 2
    Tikay is it possible that you can play in the 2.20 deepstack this afternoon,
    i know it is only a low stakes game, but it is normally a very friendly game and a guest apperance by you would boost the numbers.
    All the best
    Rainman 397.
    COME ON YOU BEES,  
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Get well mojo vibes being sent to the good lady! I see your avatar and it just reminds me of Stapes' purple joke from his most recent show, hahaha. The silence from James spoke volumes.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks for the good wishes - Avatar was changed for the Team competition
  • edited September 2013

Phantom - go to the "Poor Reputation" Thread, I've Posted some Omaha stuff for you.
  • edited September 2013
    Phantom - go to the "Poor Reputation" Thread, I've Posted some Omaha stuff for you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks will make some adjustments and give it a try soon
  • edited September 2013
    Good morning all Will be losing at low stakes deepstacks today . And then going to bet onthe big game on sunday. Prediction for the game coventry o BRENTFORD 2 Tikay is it possible that you can play in the 2.20 deepstack this afternoon, i know it is only a low stakes game, but it is normally a very friendly game and a guest apperance by you would boost the numbers. All the best Rainman 397. COME ON YOU BEES,  
    Posted by rainman397
    I would definitely if I were at home, but I'm very doubtful today, because......

I'm off out tomorrow, for a bit of a drive, (remember the clue I gave, top of thread...) but when I got up today, I found my car has a puncture, ugh. Luckily this is chunter free, & I have "run-flat" tyres!

But I have to go & get it replaced, as I have a tidy drive tomorrow, so unless I get back by 2.20, no, can't do today.

Drop me a note next Saturday, or post on next Saturday's Weekend Thread, & I WILL play it next Saturday. I'll play anything in the week you fancy, too, just let me know.  

Not sure it will boost numbers though, lol, unless they just fancy the value.....
  • edited September 2013
    Good morning all Will be losing at low stakes deepstacks today . And then going to bet onthe big game on sunday. Prediction for the game coventry o BRENTFORD 2 Tikay is it possible that you can play in the 2.20 deepstack this afternoon, i know it is only a low stakes game, but it is normally a very friendly game and a guest apperance by you would boost the numbers. All the best Rainman 397. COME ON YOU BEES,  
    Posted by rainman397
    You a Brentford fan?

I never missed a Brentford game, home or away, for 15 years back in the day.

Peter Gelson was centre half, George Dobson on the wing, & Ronnie Fenton was an inside forward. Ronie then went up to Notts County & then Notts Forest, think he was eventually Assistant Manager at Forest under Brian Clough. Sadly, I heard he died, just this week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Fenton

Whilt he was at Brentford, our Manager was Jimmy Sirrell, who was proper good. We almost never conceded goals - think we conceded less than 20 one Season, & never scored many eitjher. Dead boring, but we rarely lost.

Our big rivals then were QPR, just 5 or 6 miles away. Whatever happened to them?..... 

Happy memories of Griffin Park. We once had an away game, on a Friday night, against Barrow, lol. We did a few trips down to Plymouth Argyle, & Yeovil, too.

We played (& lost) at both Anfield & Old Trafford, wonderful memories for supporters of small Teams like the Bees.

Bit of a bad result this week v Orient, though.   

• edited September 2013
    Thanks for reply Tikay.
    Yes  i have been a BRENTFORD FAN since the great BILL DODGIN WAS MANAGER .
    In response to any game you could play any deepstack at 2.20 monday to friday mid week would be good.
    All the best with the flat tyre.
    rainman 397. In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE:
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : You a Brentford fan? I never missed a Brentford game, home or away, for 15 years back in the day. Peter Gelson was centre half, George Dobson on the wing, & Ronnie Fenton was an inside forward. Ronie then went up to Notts County & then Notts Forest, think he was eventually Assistant Manager at Forest under Brian Clough. Sadly, I heard he died, just this week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Fenton Whilt he was at Brentford, our Manager was Jimmy Sirrell, who was proper good. We almost never conceded goals - think we conceded less than 20 one Season, & never scored many eitjher. Dead boring, but we rarely lost. Our big rivals then were QPR, just 5 or 6 miles away. Whatever happened to them?.....  Happy memories of Griffin Park. We once had an away game, on a Friday night, against Barrow, lol. We did a few trips down to Plymouth Argyle, & Yeovil, too. We played (& lost) at both Anfield & Old Trafford, wonderful memories for supporters of small Teams like the Bees.   Bit of a bad result this week v Orient, though.     
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited September 2013
    Red avenger e/w for the big race
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks for reply Tikay. Yes  i have been a BRENTFORD FAN since the great BILL DODGIN WAS MANAGER . In response to any game you could play any deepstack at 2.20 monday to friday mid week would be good. All the best with the flat tyre. rainman 397. In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE :
    Posted by rainman397
    Ha, Bill Dodgin. There was even Billy Gray....

All the way, with Billy Gray.....

I'm otherwise engaged on Monday, possibly Tuesday too, but I'll deffo play it on Wednesday & or Thursday. Will let you know.
  • edited September 2013

Any more selections for the big race?

If you tip the Winner, you'll be the Weekend Thread Hero.......
  • edited September 2013
    Visit the Mother in Law for Sunday Tea?   No Sirree, we just want FUN stuff.   Going anywhere, doing anything? I’m doing THE weirdest thing on Sunday, but I can’t wait, & I'm pretty excited about it. The clue is here…..    
    Posted by Tikay10
    |You going to Scotland?

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : |You going to Scotland?
    Posted by Amarie
    Mother!

No, not Scotland, this is a one day trip, to see a special Lady.
  • edited September 2013
    Well Top Notch Tonot was gonig to be my bet but is now a Nr so on the following e/w Red Avenger 22/1 Strictly Silver 25/1 Graphic 18/1 Educate 12/1
    Posted by shuv
    BOOM!

Shuv is the only one to pick the winner.

Well done bud. 

Now we want ypoiu to give us the winner of Swansea - Arsenal, the 5.30 Kick off. Come on, see if you get go 2 for 2.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Dressing up as a queen?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Well no Daggy, but that is the best guess yet, it is remarkably close, & there is a huge clue in your reply......
  • edited September 2013
    Excellent TIKAY see you Wednesday or Thursday.
    All the best Rainman397 In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE:
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Ha, Bill Dodgin. There was even Billy Gray.... All the way, with Billy Gray ..... I'm otherwise engaged on Monday, possibly Tuesday too, but I'll deffo play it on Wednesday & or Thursday. Will let you know.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : BOOM! Shuv is the only one to pick the winner. Well done bud.  Now we want ypoiu to give us the winner of Swansea - Arsenal, the 5.30 Kick off. Come on, see if you get go 2 for 2.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers, dont forget 4th as well for some place money :)

My bet for the Swansea game would be over 2.5 goals (need 3 or more goals in the match) but its a short price at 4/5.

For a bigger priced bet Swansea to win 3-2 33/1 or Arsenal to win 3-2 28/1
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Cheers, dont forget 4th as well for some place money :)My bet for the Swansea game would be over 2.5 goals (need 3 or more goals in the match) but its a short price at 4/5. For a bigger priced bet Swansea to win 3-2 33/1 or Arsenal to win 3-2 28/1
    Posted by shuv
    So which bet or bets are you choosing, all three?.........
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Well no Daggy, but that is the best guess yet, it is remarkably close, & there is a huge clue in your reply......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Are you been knighted for services to concrete at long last?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : So which bet or bets are you choosing, all three?.........
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm having all 3 yeah, but the over 2.5 goals bet is the tip
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Are you been knighted for services to concrete at long last?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Concrete is a clue, too, as when laying concrete, we use a float......
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Concrete is a clue, too, as when laying concrete, we use a float. .....
    Posted by Tikay10

Going on a cruise on the Queen Mary 2 ?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Going on a cruise on the Queen Mary 2 ?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Not going on a Cruise on her, no, but going down to Southampton & the Isle of Wight to see her.

She arrives 0630 tomorrow, then departs at 4.30pm. So I've booked to go to the Isle of Wight, so that I can return on the 16.30 Ferry to Southampton. In theory, I should pass Queen Mary 2 in Southampton Water at cose quarters as she sets sail. 

Pretty good, huh?

• edited September 2013
    Not a single shot on target in the first half, I'll grab my coat....
  • edited September 2013
    Not a single shot on target in the first half, I'll grab my coat....
    Posted by shuv
    !

Don't give up yet, the game is nice & open.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : Mother! No, not Scotland, this is a one day trip, to see a special Lady.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oops, thought it was queen elizabeth then thought Mary queen of scots, ok so perhaps a day trip to the queen elizabeth bridge (do they call bridges 'she'?) Cant be the Queen Elizabeth boat apparently shes in the middle of the Bosperous on her way to Jalta - ok I give up!!

Wherever you go have a nice day!
  • edited September 2013
    Wow just read the posts sounds great - piccies next week please
  • edited September 2013
    I just paid £20 to watch Northampton 0-0 Morecambe....

^^^ oops my bad, chunter free zone.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: The Weekend Thread – THIS IS A CHUNTER FREE ZONE : ! Don't give up yet, the game is nice & open.
    Posted by Tikay10

2-0, still 25 minutes left.......