You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
So everyone says they love deepstacks

Everyone loves a guarantee.

So Sky have put one on for you!

Starts at 7.30 with 72 mins of late reg.

Get involved, and as its a new tournie, can you spread the word too to any Sky poker regulars who may be interested in playing it.

If I was in the UK right now then I'd def add this one in alongside the main etc.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    i love deepstacks but its 22 quid and ive got work tomorrow :)
  • edited September 2013
    Dunno if this one will get it's own thread or not, but I'm a lot more excited about the £5.50 £1k GTD speed rebuy.

Love the speed rebuys on here but they're usually tiny fields/small prizepool etc
  • edited September 2013
    Back when I first started playing on Sky, we had a nightly £22 deepstack.

I think it was only a £400GTD but it had been adjusted so that all FT was paid.  Got 20/25 runners, 30 on a good night.  

People like SoLack, GregHogg, Penguin7, FlashFlush, Nutter5932, Madmoo were the regulars.  Tikay even donated when he had some spare time.

It was a very loyal following and a great deal of fun. And I really, really started to learn the game there.

So this version has a £22BI for a 1kGTD.  Lets get this to 50/60 runners a night and hopefully we can have a similar kind of vibe.  

Will always add this one into my schedule when I'm online.
  • edited September 2013

This mtt was here when I first joined the site.

It was soon dropped.

It's been re-added on at least 2, maybe 3 occasions since then, and soon fallen away again.

I give it a fortnight before the gntee is dropped, and a month b4 it's gone altogether.

zzzzz, no1 wants it.
  • edited September 2013
    And just seen that the £8k £55 BH main event has had the BI reduced but keeping the same guarantee!

• edited September 2013
                  Can anyone tell me if the 8-15pm £5-50  Deepstack which runs  every night of the week is still going 2 run along with this new deepstack?????
  • edited September 2013
    KEEP THE DEEP STACKS CUMMIN, A BIT LATER THO
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30:
    Dunno if this one will get it's own thread or not, but I'm a lot more excited about the £5.50 £1k GTD speed rebuy. Love the speed rebuys on here but they're usually tiny fields/small prizepool etc
    Posted by Lambert180

Ditto, bit worried about the rebuy period being too short it might not meet its gtee. In principle a great idea
    but I would like sky to remove the speed bh on tuesday night and have a speed rebuy instead, freshen up the offering and try something different. It would smash £2k imo at 8:30pm. 

I think bounty hunters have pretty much reached their saturation point. 

• edited September 2013

Will there be any sats into this deepy?
  • edited September 2013
    Roll back the years..

Like Ryan said, used to enjoy this mtt years ago with loads of nitty regulars haha

My mission is to get JJ to play it again :) 

• edited September 2013
        Will there be any sats into this deepy?
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Good idea! I love the deepstacks but can't afford a £22 BI :(
  • edited September 2013
    Will definitely be playing this so extra value in it
  • edited September 2013
    This mtt was here when I first joined the site. It was soon dropped. It's been re-added on at least 2, maybe 3 occasions since then, and soon fallen away again. I give it a fortnight before the gntee is dropped, and a month b4 it's gone altogether. zzzzz, no1 wants it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

There's a vocal minority on this forum always calling for more deepstacks, but the general player pool don't seem to share that enthusiasm. Whether you guys like it or not most players want Bounty Hunters or faster structured freezeouts.

I'm pleased to see this tournament made the guarantee last night and I honestly hope it succeeds. But based on the disinterest in the many deepstacks that have come and gone in the past, including the 8-00pm main event,  I too can't help feeling the initial enthusiasm will soon wane. I predict this one will either see a big cut in the guarantee or disappear off the schedule during October.

It's a similar story with Omaha tournaments.
  • edited September 2013
    Well I'm not that vocal, but I'm delighted to see this tournament in the schedule.

Good time slot too, nicely placed before the main event.
  • edited September 2013

I am glad of this new tourney .  .good stuff . . also think deepstacks at £11 would get alot of interest too :-)
  • edited September 2013
    Cracking stuff, would be good to see more deepstacks added to the schedule.
  • edited September 2013
    Back from Malta so first chance to add this into the playing schedule.

Alongside the Super Roller, the mini Primo and the 9pm £55BH this is generally gonna be a slow paced night.

Looking forward to it.

Anyone know how many runners this got last night?

50 is the goal of course, but with the Super Roller it would be nice to break 70 or 80!
  • edited September 2013
    Only 29 started!  72 mins to late reg tho
  • edited September 2013
    Back from Malta so first chance to add this into the playing schedule. Alongside the Super Roller, the mini Primo and the 9pm £55BH this is generally gonna be a slow paced night. Looking forward to it. Anyone know how many runners this got last night? 50 is the goal of course, but with the Super Roller it would be nice to break 70 or 80!
    Posted by scotty77
    I Just scoped sum1 who played it last night. 54 runners it got.

I shalln't be playing it, need an early night .

#manflu
  • edited September 2013
    45 right now, with still 45 mins or so to get in.

Should surely beat the 50 mark.
  • edited September 2013
    Easy, 62 and closed. Good to see it getting the numbers in its infancy.
  • edited September 2013
                  Can anyone tell me if the 8-15pm £5-50  Deepstack which runs  every night of the week is still going 2 run along with this new deepstack?????
    Posted by chew07
                          So nobody from Sky could be bothered 2 answer my question... Thanks alot :(
                    I have just looked at 2nights tourneys & surprise surprise the 8-15pm £5-50 deepstack is not on, could anyone from Sky please tell me why this tourney has now been axed.
                    Scotty you seem 2 have been pushing this new £22 deepstack perhaps you can be bothered 2 answer my question or is it the small time players on Sky just dont matter ????
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 :                       So nobody from Sky could be bothered 2 answer my question... Thanks alot :(                 I have just looked at 2nights tourneys & surprise surprise the 8-15pm £5-50 deepstack is not on, could anyone from Sky please tell me why this tourney has now been axed.                 Scotty you seem 2 have been pushing this new £22 deepstack perhaps you can be bothered 2 answer my question or is it the small time players on Sky just dont matter ????
    Posted by chew07
    Hi chew07,

Thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry you are disappointed in the removal of the 8.15pm Deepstack.

We are currently working through de-cluttering of the MTT schedule, particularly at peak times, in order to free up space to add bigger and better value tournaments for everyone to enjoy.

Unfortunately this particular tournament has not shown a consistent level of interest in the past month to justify its place in the schedule at this time. 

In the last 10 runnings, it has averaged 8 players, with a high of 12 and a low of 6 runners.

In contrast, the 11.15pm deepstack (which is identical in structure) has been performing really well of late, peaking at 58 runners on Friday night, this is under review for having a guarantee added (it currently fluctuates heavily from 15- 58 runners). 

We are sorry that this has disappointed you, but we do appreciate the time you have taken to leave your feedback.

Best Wishes

Peter

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : Hi chew07, Thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry you are disappointed in the removal of the 8.15pm Deepstack. We are currently working through de-cluttering of the MTT schedule, particularly at peak times, in order to free up space to add bigger and better value tournaments for everyone to enjoy. Unfortunately this particular tournament has not shown a consistent level of interest in the past month to justify its place in the schedule at this time.  In the last 10 runnings, it has averaged 8 players, with a high of 12 and a low of 6 runners. In contrast, the 11.15pm deepstack (which is identical in structure) has been performing really well of late, peaking at 58 runners on Friday night, this is under review for having a guarantee added (it currently fluctuates heavily from 15- 58 runners).  We are sorry that this has disappointed you, but we do appreciate the time you have taken to leave your feedback. Best Wishes Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter

INCORRECT.

Sat 28th Sept - 8.15pm deepie had 58 runners
    Sun 29th Sept - 8.15pm deepie had 41 runners.

I played both. There is a lot of regulars who play this. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from TBH, but I would like sky to reconsider pulling the plug on this one.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : Hi chew07, Thanks for your feedback and i'm sorry you are disappointed in the removal of the 8.15pm Deepstack. We are currently working through de-cluttering of the MTT schedule, particularly at peak times, in order to free up space to add bigger and better value tournaments for everyone to enjoy. Unfortunately this particular tournament has not shown a consistent level of interest in the past month to justify its place in the schedule at this time.  In the last 10 runnings, it has averaged 8 players, with a high of 12 and a low of 6 runners. In contrast, the 11.15pm deepstack (which is identical in structure) has been performing really well of late, peaking at 58 runners on Friday night, this is under review for having a guarantee added (it currently fluctuates heavily from 15- 58 runners).  We are sorry that this has disappointed you, but we do appreciate the time you have taken to leave your feedback. Best Wishes Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter

I find it really hard 2 see your logic on this matter, you had no GTD on this tourney during the week so why are Sky worried how many people play this tourney Mon-Fri. You say that you need 2 free up space during peak times but you havent filled the 8-15pm slot with another tourney, yes you have added a £22 deepstack at 7-30pm with a GTD but tbh that is a big jump from £5-50.
                                   Once again it seems 2 me that you are trying 2 drive the low-stakes players away from Sky, its about time that Sky took notice of low-stakes players. Not all of us like 2 play B/Hs we would rather play poker not bingo, its a shame that nobody thought of adding a GTD 2 the 8-15pm then the number might match those which the 8-15pm D/S gets every weekend or the numbers that the 9-15 D/S gets which has got a GTD.
                                   It would be nice 2 hear Sky Pokers thoughts on this post or any other low-stakes players who enjoy playing D/S.
                                                               I await your reply.... Thank you.
  • edited September 2013
    just leave it running at weekends then when people dont have to work thats obv the reason why people dont play it in the week
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 : INCORRECT. Sat 28th Sept - 8.15pm deepie had 58 runners Sun 29th Sept - 8.15pm deepie had 41 runners. I played both. There is a lot of regulars who play this. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from TBH, but I would like sky to reconsider pulling the plug on this one.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Apologies for the confusion, the Saturday and Sunday 8.15 deepstacks aren't affected by this change, they will continue to run as normal, as they did this weekend.

it's specifically those which have ran Monday - friday at 8.15 which have been removed from the schedule due to such a low volume of runners as quoted for the past 4 weeks

Best Wishes

The Sky Poker Team

• edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: NEW Tournie - £1kGTD £22 Deepstack tournie @ 7.30 :                                I find it really hard 2 see your logic on this matter, you had no GTD on this tourney during the week so why are Sky worried how many people play this tourney Mon-Fri. You say that you need 2 free up space during peak times but you havent filled the 8-15pm slot with another tourney, yes you have added a £22 deepstack at 7-30pm with a GTD but tbh that is a big jump from £5-50.                                Once again it seems 2 me that you are trying 2 drive the low-stakes players away from Sky, its about time that Sky took notice of low-stakes players. Not all of us like 2 play B/Hs we would rather play poker not bingo, its a shame that nobody thought of adding a GTD 2 the 8-15pm then the number might match those which the 8-15pm D/S gets every weekend or the numbers that the 9-15 D/S gets which has got a GTD.                                It would be nice 2 hear Sky Pokers thoughts on this post or any other low-stakes players who enjoy playing D/S.                                                            I await your reply.... Thank you.
    Posted by chew07
    Hi chew07,

We are sorry if you feel that way, it's definitely not our intention to alienate lower stakes players. The majority of our guaranteed tournaments fit in the £1 - £11 buy in levels, which depending on your bank roll could be considered small stakes. We also receive comments from players stating that we cater too much for lower levels and should have more bigger buy-in tournaments.

Bounty Hunter tournaments are consistently the post popular tournaments here at all buy-in levels and at all times of day, therefore it is natural that they will take up more slots in the schedule.

As Peter has already mentioned, one of the issues currently is there are simply too many tournaments in the schedule, we have a very polarised peak period of 7pm-11pm, in which we are trying to cater for every buy in level and every format, which results in overloading the tournament lobby.

We are currently working through the schedule to bring down the volume of tournaments, but adding more quality, whilst still ensuring there is a good variety to cater for all bankrolls and styles. This will include adding more deep stacks and regular freezeouts around this buy-in level, which have consistently struggled to meet modest guarantees, even at peak times.

Inevitably some tournaments have to be removed to accomodate this and as stated by Peter this tournament at 8.15 (mon-Fri) has not been generating much interest for a sustained period, therefore has been removed.

Tournaments which are generating good interest, such as the £1.10 at 7.45 & £2.20 at 7.15 will not be affected in any way.

Best Wishes

The Sky Poker Team