You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

movie cryptic part 4

124»

Comments

• edited October 2013
      Sounds like you have done very well. Be careful though not just to throw in an answer because it fits. Always justify it before putting it in
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: movie cryptic part 4:
    Ok a few thoughts here. Understanding old king when quiet (5)   Ok understanding is the clue word. Quiet gives us p at the end. I like heath for the previous answer to give us an a in the middle.  I dont like the B at the beginning at all because of the following logic.  Old king. This could be a george which in its long form would be george rex normally abbreviated to g.r                When gives us as  So with the p on the end would give us grasp
    Posted by Talon
    You there with Grasp too

I never should have trusted the B

Had no logic for Rarebit - without the incorrect letter Alright is such an obvious answer!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: movie cryptic part 4:
      Sounds like you have done very well. Be careful though not just to throw in an answer because it fits. Always justify it before putting it in
    Posted by Talon
    Key lesson there!

Couple of mistakes made basing answer on "known" letters that were wrong and compounded it with further errors.
  • edited October 2013

My favourites...

Dog has lad confused with a bird (4,5)

Clouds unable to form in the east (7)

and finally this one helped me learn a new piece of trivia...

Rely on angel, fond of treating Old Lady (4,2,7)

The race is on between Teddy and Talon!

• edited October 2013
    Dog [beagle] has lad confused [anag.] with a bird [def.] Bald eagle

Clouds [def.] unable to form [anag.] in the east [E] = nebulae

need to think on the ladt one...

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    Rely on [bank] angel fond of treating [anag.] Old lady [def.] = bank of england

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    Oh and the answers  wont appear until monday, as it's a prize crossword and they allow two days for people to get their answers in on 2nd class post...

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013

wp and thanks for the tip saving me a wasted purchase