You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!)

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
plz tell me the difference between a hyper turbo and a turbo.

Comments

• edited October 2013

If I facepalm any harder I wont have a head.
  • edited September 2013
    One gets more hype than the other?
  • edited September 2013
    The main difference seems to be one starts of with 500 chips, the other 1000. There may some slight differences in the levels as well but as it won't let me have the two lobbies open simultaneously I can't be sure.
  • edited September 2013
    The answer, is very very little difference.
  • edited September 2013
    hyper is 500 chips turbo is 1k starting stack i believe 
  • edited September 2013
    HU hyper....500 chips

110.00 / 20.002215.00 / 30.002320.00 / 40.002425.00 / 50.002530.00 / 60.002640.00 / 80.002750.00 / 100.002
    25xbb
    17xbb?
    13xbb
    10xbb

After 8 mins, 10xbb effective.

Turbo..... 1k starting stack..........

115.00 / 30.002225.00 / 50.002340.00 / 80.002450.00 / 100.002

33xbb
    20xbb
    12xbb
    10xbb

After 8 mins, 10bb effective,

Seriously, the people who thought out these structures, explain to me.

What's the difference?

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures.:
    HU hyper....500 chips 1 10.00 / 20.00 2 2 15.00 / 30.00 2 3 20.00 / 40.00 2 4 25.00 / 50.00 2 5 30.00 / 60.00 2 6 40.00 / 80.00 2 7 50.00 / 100.00 2 25xbb 17xbb? 13xbb 10xbb After 8 mins, 10xbb effective. Turbo..... 1k starting stack.......... 1 15.00 / 30.00 2 2 25.00 / 50.00 2 3 40.00 / 80.00 2 4 50.00 / 100.00 2 33xbb 20xbb 12xbb 10xbb After 8 mins, 10bb effective, Seriously, the people who thought out these structures, explain to me. What's the difference?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Photo plz or it didn't happen ;)
  • edited September 2013

You have the first ever sng promo week soon.

plz fix it.
  • edited September 2013
    Sad that someone has to post this. What have u been doing for the last 3 months? You have the first ever sng promo week soon. plz fix it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Subtle differences do affect gameplay for the 1000 starting chip turbos. They are fine don't want 3 min blinds means less volume.

Stop moaning or we will send you back to France.

#anidiotabroad
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. : Subtle differences do affect gameplay for the 1000 starting chip turbos. They are fine don't want 3 min blinds means less volume. Stop moaning or we will send you back to France. #anidiotabroad
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Nor do I.

Why give more chips but remove levels?

They cancel eachother out. 

There is very very little difference. We are an extra 8xbb effective for the first 2 minutes, that's it.

Plz have a look @ this sky.
  • edited September 2013
    Completely agree with dohhhh here.
  • edited September 2013
    +1

Never looked into it before but now JJ has put up the details above, it's just completely pointless having 2 different structures where the stack depths are virtually identical.

It's only gonna harm liquidity like when you have 1 person waiting for a £5 Turbo and one waiting for a £5 Hyper Turbo and neither run cos they're both waiting for different games which are essentially the same.
  • edited October 2013
    Bump for sky peter.

Have fired off an email to sky this morning regarding this, hoping for something to be done quickly (with the promos on sky finally including sngs, a lot of people will be wanting to go for a big month, starting today).  

I can't imagine anyone who plays either format will have a problem as the 2 structures are identical.

Having a choice of 4 HU sng structures is really good, but they need to be different, even just slightly.

Seems a no brainer.

Hopefully can start playing the turbos properly later on :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/Sky Peter!):
    Bump for sky peter. Have fired off an email to sky this morning regarding this, hoping for something to be done quickly (with the promos on sky finally including sngs, a lot of people will be wanting to go for a big month, starting today).   I can't imagine anyone who plays either format will have a problem as the 2 structures are identical. Having a choice of 4 HU sng structures is really good, but they need to be different, even just slightly. Seems a no brainer. Hopefully can start playing the turbos properly later on :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi,

Thanks for your post. The Turbo and Hyper Heads Up structures shall be reviewed and this thread shall be updated with any changes made.

Many thanks.

SkyPeter.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/Sky Peter!):
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/Sky Peter!) : Hi, Thanks for your post. The Turbo and Hyper Heads Up structures shall be reviewed and this thread shall be updated with any change made. Many thanks. SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Appreciate it Peter, thanks.
  • edited October 2013
    + Review adding 10/20 level at the beggining of reg / speed structures like there used to be?
  • edited October 2013
    Any news on this Peter?

Any chance it'll be changed before 5pm today?

Cheers.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!):
    + Review adding 10/20 level at the beggining of reg / speed structures like there used to be?
    Posted by Boonicon
    Big +1
  • edited October 2013
    Turbo structure should never of been changed, 100% agree it needs reviewing.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!):
    bump
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Guys,

This is under review at the moment, i dont expect this will be completed in time to make changes today or tomorrow ahead of the weekend but we'll update you on Monday with what we decide to implement.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah.. i agree the turbo "clock" could be amended to say 3 or 4 mins but the difference is huge between these games when it comes down to stacking off in level 2-4... also you have to bear in mind... the chips are not always split 50:50 for every hand.... so comparing the starting effective stacks is pretty skew imo... 

At the moment you guys have 4 HU games, 7min, 5min, 2min, 2min.... something better on the clock/stack depth front for turbos does make sense. However, the structure of the hypers should not be adjusted in any way or form in my opinion. 

The same (and fastest structure at stars) mirrors that of the hypers here. This should be your base point imo for the fastest hu sng at sky and then work towards finding something in between the "speed" and "hypers". 

Also please add headsup Omaha no limit normal sngs or turbos/hypers or something else that us regs can start playing...  pretty please!!!! 

• edited October 2013
    Yeah.. i agree the turbo "clock" could be amended to say 3 or 4 mins  but the  difference is huge between these games when it comes down to  stacking off in level 2-4... also you have to bear in mind... the chips are not always split 50:50 for every hand.... so comparing the starting effective stacks is pretty skew imo...  At the moment you guys have 4 HU games, 7min, 5min, 2min, 2min.... something better on the clock/stack depth front for turbos does make sense. However, t he structure of the hypers should not be adjusted in any way or form in my opinion.  The same (and fastest structure at stars) mirrors that of the hypers here. This should be your base point imo for the fastest hu sng at sky and then work towards finding something in between the "speed" and "hypers".  Also please add headsup Omaha no limit normal sngs or turbos/hypers or something else that us regs can start playing...  pretty please!!!! 
    Posted by TPTP123

Under NO circumstances should the turbo clock be 4 min blinds. we have 2 and 5 already, so 3 is std for turbos, that is fine. Otherwise you will have almost the same problem distinguishing between a turbo and a speed. 

I can understand the reasoning for the requested changes but ultimately sky will look at the impact changes in blind structures has on the bottom line. They are giving away double points, which will hit them in the pocket anyway and if the changes means less volume played then its lose lose for sky.

• edited October 2013
    Just getting back into HU, looking foward to seeing what if any changes are implemented today..
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : Under NO circumstances should the turbo clock be 4 min blinds. we have 2 and 5 already, so 3 is std for turbos, that is fine. Otherwise you will have almost the same problem distinguishing between a turbo and a speed.  I can understand the reasoning for the requested changes but ultimately sky will look at the impact changes in blind structures has on the bottom line. They are giving away double points, which will hit them in the pocket anyway and if the changes means less volume played then its lose lose for sky.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Out of 3 or 4 I would go with 3 if i owned sky.  

But you completely missed the main point to my post, which was DO NOT tamper with the hypers just because they are perfect.  Its the turbos that need adjusting. clock and even blind structure. hypers = no change!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : Out of 3 or 4 I would go with 3 if i owned sky.   But you completely missed the main point to my post, which was DO NOT tamper with the hypers just because they are perfect.  Its the turbos that need adjusting. clock and even blind structure. hypers = no change!!!!
    Posted by TPTP123
    The intention of the OP was for turbo structures to be reviewed, not hypers which are in line with industry standards. Sky will decide if revamping turbos is good for them in terms of turnover etc, I suspect having faster turbos means more revenue. Im easy either way and can play both structures. 
  • edited October 2013
    Yep.  I got that as well.... wanted to make sure sky did too!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    Well of course you can, if you can play 1, you can play both, cos they're basically the same game lol.

Hypers should obv stay the same cos it's how they are on every other site.

Turbos just need a couple of blind levels inserting so they go back to what they were like 6 months ago.
  • edited October 2013
    prob off topic but they're not the same game, level 1 is completely different. At 33x you cannot apply the same pressure by winning first hand as you can in hypers with a single pfr & cbet. 

Additionally, the turbos will have more fold equity as the fish will not stack off as lightly purely because the numerical value is double what it would be in a hyper!!  I'm actually talking sense....

after level 2 yeah its pretty much like having a go on gf's twin sister. 
  • edited October 2013
    Comments on the proposed changes to the Turbo HU SNG structure welcomed.... (I have my crash helmet ready for the possible abuse, so I'm prepared!)

The main talking point for us is would the inclusion of a 20/40 level be better or worse in your opinion? 

Turbo
    10 20
    15 30
    25 50
    30 60
    40 80
    50 100
    60 120
    75 150
    100 200
    125 250
    150 300