You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!)

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Turbo
    10 20 50xbb
    15 30 33xbb
    25 50 20xbb
    30 60 16.5xbb
    40 80 13xbb
    50 100 10xbb

This, with 2 minute levels still, looks a lot more balanced (better) to me!

I wouldn't have a problem with the 20/40 being included or excluded!

But 10 minutes play with balanced increments before we get 10x effective seems about right to me.

Maybe swap 20/40 for 10/20?

Either of those 3 structures above would be a great improvement!

• edited October 2013
    I would leave out the 20/40 level, think there's enough play with the structure you suggest. I like it.
  • edited October 2013
    Already a noticeable improvement, good to see you listened to the players and sorted, well done sky.
  • edited October 2013
    As notice by benc, the blind structures on the HU Hyper and Turbo are now more closely aligned, meaning you can enjoy both.

Thanks for the feedback all and good luck at the tables.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!):
    As notice by benc, the blind structures on the HU Hyper and Turbo are now more closely aligned, meaning you can enjoy both. Thanks for the feedback all and good luck at the tables.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Before this is put to bed, I have to say having played these most of today that we have gone a bit OTT with the new struc. Goldenballz suggested that one layer is taken out and I agree wholeheartedly. 

I think we need to strip out one of the levels either 10/20 or 30/60 (from memory historically we went from 25/50 to 40/80) as against a tighter player they can take an eternity to finish. ROI may increase but volume has already significantly reduced and doesnt compensate. It was possible to play 20 games an hour. Now thats nearly impossible. 

Not good in the run up to double points week.  
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!):
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : Before this is put to bed, I have to say having played these most of today that we have gone a bit OTT with the new struc. Goldenballz suggested that one layer is taken out and I agree wholeheartedly.  I think we need to strip out one of the levels either 10/20 or 30/60 (from memory historically we went from 25/50 to 40/80) as against a tighter player they can take an eternity to finish. ROI may increase but volume has already significantly reduced and doesnt compensate. It was possible to play 20 games an hour. Now thats nearly impossible.  Not good in the run up to double points week.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    He didn't

They don't

It's supposed to provide an alternative to hyper turbos, and speeds.

It does.

After 10 mins in a hyper, u have effective stacks of 8xbb.

After 10 mins in a turbo u have effective stacks of 14xbb

After 10 mins in a speed u have effective stacks of 20xbb

After 10 mins in a reg speed u have effective stacks of 30xbb

If you want to player a hyper, they are still in the lobby. Under their correct title.

Hyper.

Nothing has changed in regards to the hyper turbos.

The only thing that is changed is that turbos r now turbos. As the name suggests they should be.

The turbo structure may or may not be perfect. I don't know, I'm no expert. But it's much much better than it was.
  • edited October 2013
    Personally i'm very happy with the structure, having spoken to Ace i understand his point but from a selfish point of view i feel very comfortable playing them now much more so than i did playing them before the changes and similarly to when i used to play thousands of them. Having played loads of each structure i think each offers something different now as highlighed above by JJ which is good for customers and good for sky.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : He didn't They don't It's supposed to provide an alternative to hyper turbos, and speeds. It does. After 10 mins in a hyper, u have effective stacks of 8xbb. After 10 mins in a turbo u have effective stacks of 14xbb After 10 mins in a speed u have effective stacks of 20xbb After 10 mins in a reg speed u have effective stacks of 30xbb If you want to player a hyper, they are still in the lobby. Under their correct title. Hyper. Nothing has changed in regards to the hyper turbos. The only thing that is changed is that turbos r now turbos. As the name suggests they should be. The turbo structure may or may not be perfect. I don't know, I'm no expert. But it's much much better than it was.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    All I am asking for is one level to be stripped out, which brings it back to the same structure as a few years back that everyone is happy with. 

At the end of the day JJ we play the site day in day out, you dont. So when changes like this happen we have every right to question them. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : All I am asking for is one level to be stripped out, which brings it back to the same structure as a few years back that everyone is happy with.  At the end of the day JJ we play the site day in day out, you dont. So when changes like this happen we have every right to question them. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    What about the thousands of other people who play here day in day out?

And who never read the forum, nevermind post?

The changes are best for the site moving forward. It baffles me that it takes a thread like this to bring it to the attention of the powers that be, but it did, and they've changed it for the better.

What I like, u like, Benc likes etc is irrelevant.

This isn't my ideal structure for a HU game, it's just a lot better than it was.

I repeat, if you want to play a hyper turbo, they are still available in the lobby and probably run more than any other type of HU sng. You wont have a problem getting games.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: HU sng blind structures. (fao sky sng structure guy/SkyPeter!) : What about the thousands of other people who play here day in day out? And who never read the forum, nevermind post? The changes are best for the site moving forward. It baffles me that it takes a thread like this to bring it to the attention of the powers that be, but it did, and they've changed it for the better. What I like, u like, Benc likes etc is irrelevant. This isn't my ideal structure for a HU game, it's just a lot better than it was. I repeat, if you want to play a hyper turbo, they are still available in the lobby and probably run more than any other type of HU sng. You wont have a problem getting games.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I didnt suggest that the blind structures revert to hyper turbos, just the way they where before. We are talking about fine tuning here. If there is a silent majority theres not a lot you can do about it apart from encouraging them to come forward.

Discuss further on skype if you want. 
  • edited October 2013
    I agree there may be room to tweak it vvvvv slightly, I don't know yet and will never know. I'm not an expert.

But it doesn't really matter what I think now, this structure, or this structure slightly tweeked is a huge improvement on the previous structure.

Think the thread, and the consequent changes, have made the site a better place to play, and therefore have been a success.

I don't expect a reward, dw sky.

Run good karma might just happen naturally ;)

• edited October 2013
    I agree there may be room to tweak it vvvvv slightly, I don't know yet and will never know. I'm not an expert. But it doesn't really matter what I think now, this structure, or this structure slightly tweeked is a huge improvement on the previous structure. Think the thread, and the consequent changes, have made the site a better place to play, and therefore have been a success. I don't expect a reward, dw sky. Run good karma might just happen naturally ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Glad you like the changes.
  • edited October 2013
    I agree there may be room to tweak it vvvvv slightly, I don't know yet and will never know. I'm not an expert. But it doesn't really matter what I think now, this structure, or this structure slightly tweeked is a huge improvement on the previous structure. Think the thread, and the consequent changes, have made the site a better place to play, and therefore have been a success. I don't expect a reward, dw sky. Run good karma might just happen naturally ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    They could just take the low risk route of agreeing to double whatever profit you make at HU SnGs in the next week ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Changes are good for the hypers. i are content. 

Now, please introduce some NL plo hu turbos or hypers or summin... thanks kindly
  • edited October 2013
    How can you have NL PLO? It is a contradiction in terms