You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread***

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
And I promise not to mention West Brom beating Man U at Old Trafford.

Much.

Comments

• edited October 2013

Afternoon all,

Feels like an age since I did a show, but I'm back this Tuesday night on Channel 861, from 7pm for more live pokertainment.

And Tuesday nights are where we feel the need...the need for speed...

It's TURBO TUESDAY!

At the helm will be...

Richard Orford and Ross Jarvis

And here's the line-up...

7pm – 8pm – Tonight On Sky Poker

£25K Super Roller final table coverage from Sunday 29th September.

8pm – 9pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the 4K Turbo Open 

9pm – 11pm – Master Cash

Live action from the Master Cash tables                                                                                            

11pm – Midnight – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the 4K Turbo Open – Late stages (final table)

Meanwhile, get all your banter, questions, hand requests etc. to us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And here's our topic of the night...

MAKING POKER EVEN BETTER

I'm not talking about how you would improve Sky Poker- this is not an invitation for the moaners out there to bombard us with their woes! Besides, there are plenty of other outlets for that.

I'm talking about the game of poker, full stop. If you were made President of Poker, what changes would you implement to improve the game?

Would you change the format of the game? Would you introduce a ranking/seeding system? Would you tidy up the tournament circuit? Standardise the rules? Perhaps, it's a tiny change that you feel would make the world a better place. Banning shades?

The ball's in your court. Don't be tied down just by what I've mentioned. Really think about what you would really like to change and let us know.

Looking forward to your thoughts. I'll read them all out on the show throughout the night.

Good luck with that and the Turbo and see you Tuesday!

Oh, and news just in- we'll have a Last Longer comp in tonight's £4K Turbo. Full details at the top of the show tonight!
  • edited September 2013
    Standardising the rules, even if it was just for No-Limit Hold'Em would be a good start. It's crazy that a multi-million dollar/pound industry has different rules for every place that you play, some of them so daft you'd be hard pushed to believe they weren't made up on the spot.

I'd also make 4-colour decks compulsory in live play, and be a lot stricter about disqualifying players that abuse other players at the tables.
  • edited September 2013
    Before I go giving away all my great ideas for free, let's talk money.

What sort of remuneration package are we talking about for the position of "President of Poker"?

I expect top dollar.

Pension plan? Hours? Holidays?
  • edited September 2013
    Liking it so far. Thanks guys.

Borin- the position of President of Poker is an honour and the fact that you are even considering being renumerated for it speaks volumes about your integrity and tells us what kind of a man you are. I hope you feel utterly ashamed.

In answer to your questions- top dollar, no pension plan, long hours, lots of working holidays around the world.

Not that I asked for myself or anything. It was for a friend.
  • edited September 2013
    Well you can take off those shades, for starters. And that hoody. Unless you're cold and you've got an aversion to light, get rid of them! You're obviously not a good poker player if you need those accessories anyway. And turn off that laptop or iPad or whatever it is you're looking at with that stupid grin on your face. I would also appreciate it if you took those headphones off your head as well - it's the height of rudeness. And why are you checking Facebook when I'm playing a hand with you? Aren't you interested that I have just raised your big blind? Oh, it's not Facebook, you say? You're actually playing Candy Crush? Well, that's much better. And one more thing: I don't want you doing any silly chip tricks while you're at my table either. It doesn't mean you actually know the difference between a straight and a flush. I'm not intimidated, so you can stop with the trash talk. I will still three-bet you pre flop with absolute air.

Got it? Good.
  • edited September 2013
    Is it possible to have a league situation.
    Say premiere league, Div1-4

Players will be graded through a series of matches taking place over a month.

These are 10 seater sit and goes .

Then for the next 3 months run league matches(you can only take part in the division you qualify for.)

At the end of the 3 month period champions are provided with their trophies.

Then the winner of each division plays a sit and go for the Champion of champions which is televised!
  • edited October 2013
    How about a team challenge in a Heads Up format?
  • edited October 2013
    Good suggestions everyone.

If you haven't already, make sure you have your say.

Show's on tonight at 7!
  • edited October 2013
    News just in- we'll have a Last Longer comp in tonight's £4K Turbo. Full details at the top of the show tonight!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread***:
    News just in- we'll have a Last Longer comp in tonight's £4K Turbo. Full details at the top of the show tonight!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

My girlfriend always wins this comp.  Not worth entering.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread***:
    Liking it so far. Thanks guys. Borin- the position of President of Poker is an honour and the fact that you are even considering being renumerated for it speaks volumes about your integrity and tells us what kind of a man you are. I hope you feel utterly as hamed. In answer to your questions- top dollar, no pension plan, long hours, lots of working holidays around the world. Not that I asked for myself or anything. It was for a friend.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Honour doesn't pay the bills Rich and it's looking like a cold winter in the Loner household. I think your "friend" and I understand each other...

Long hours, no pension, working holidays? Sell it Richard, sell it.

As President of Poker I'd feel a responsibility to the wellbeing of all players. No longer would they be able to sit on their backsides for hours at a time: All card rooms would have an onsite gym and any player would be forced to exercise to play. For every minute of moderate exercise you'd be permitted to play three hands.

I've yet to work out how to deal with the body odour issue.

Online players would be forced to prove that they've been outside that day before playing. Photos of them with today's newspaper should be provided to the site before they can pull up to the table. Let's force the grinders out of their caves.

It's good for the image of the game and good for the health of the player pool.

So do I get commission on these ideas?

Have a good show.
  • edited October 2013

Although 'lasting longer' in a turbo tournament is surely oxymoronic, I'm up for the challenge!

What about Hold 'em Hi/Lo as a new variation?

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread*** : My girlfriend always wins this comp.  Not worth entering.
    Posted by gazza127
    There's a joke to be made here. But I'm too decent and polite to make it.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread*** : There's a joke to be made here. But I'm too decent and polite to make it.
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Its OK Rich.  I think i managed to allude to it with just enough grace to get away with it.
  • edited October 2013
    Looking forward to seeing some if yoyos hands on the ft. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread*** : Its OK Rich.  I think i managed to allude to it with just enough grace to get away with it.
    Posted by gazza127
    Yes, I think in not repeating the point in multiple posts we've both done a great job of not drawing too much attention to it and maintaining decorum at all times.
  • edited October 2013
    5 mins to go till the show. 

Look out at the very top of it for a password. 

Email that in with your alias before 8pm and you'll be in a last longer comp for the 4K turbo to win a sear into Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter worth £33
  • edited October 2013
    Im enjoying watching how bad i played this ft so far.... blow up coming!!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Ross ***official show thread*** : Yes, I think in not repeating the point in multiple posts we've both done a great job of not drawing too much attention to it and maintaining decorum at all times.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ah yes.  It'd just be silly and immature to keep bringing it up.
  • edited October 2013
    That was the hand that started my downfall... but he did tell me he had queens after!!

• edited October 2013
    Hi Rich & Ross

Or as I like to call you "The Two Ronnies" :)

The Turbo Tuesday Show always reminds me of the famous "Four Candles" Sketch which was shot in a hardware shop.

Just like a Harware Shop, The Turbo Tuesday show has all the tools you need....(Including 2 funny men) you just need to know how to use them :)

ps. I've entered the last longer comp and at the moment I have at least lasted longer than one other player, so thats a positive start :)
  • edited October 2013
    Hi guys,

Hand from the Turbo ME tonight

Do you think I shuold donk lead this river for fear of him checking back loads of decent hands with showdown value? I didn't want to raise the flop cos it's so dry but can I raise the turn?

Hand History #695491416 (20:22 01/10/2013)

• edited October 2013
    Sigh... Out of the main and no doubt out of the last longer (baring some sort of miracle).  Picked up no hands at all for 40 minutes on a loose aggressive table.  Then pick up AA on the bb.  The action?  Fold fold fold fold..... surely the sb wants my bb?  nope... fold.

Picked up 44 with 14bb and ran them into 1010.  nh. gg.
  • edited October 2013
    Grinding back up from 500 then check this hand out.... 695503512.... all in pre QQ v 68 clubs
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Rich & Ross

Apologies.....You misunderstood my post lol

I was referring to the "Tools of Poker" - Meaning....The advice you give us are our tools, we just need to learn how to use them.

No wonder I refer to you as the Two Ronnies Lol - You always make me giggle :)

Have a great show.
  • edited October 2013
    Enjoying the show - Still in main just about

Speaking of a totaliotarianism   and George Orwell how about as a side topic one week wher you cover conspiracty theories . Theres plenty of threads on them in the forum

I,ll kick things offf - Is Tikay really a shapeshifting reptillion?

@ rich - Cheers for free seat in previous show thread - won it for £370
  • edited October 2013
    Out of the main 77 v ak .... king on river. Same guy who got it all in pre flop earlier with 86 and made a flush v my qq
  • edited October 2013

Evening Guys

Enjoying the show - good to see you both back.

I think Poker could take a lot from the world of Word Processing.  I believe the following features would be useful and imprrove my game no end.

1) Bold  - This would give you the extra aggression you need now and again to take down pots.

2) Italic.  Definiately gives you a new slant on the game.

3) Undo - The ability to backtrack a misclick ( or a bad beat click ) would stop me from donking out so early.

4) Font change.  Now and again, my Holy water is not as lucky as it could be, and this would no doubt help.

5) Print preview.  The abilty to see "And you have finished 274th in this tournament" pre flop would help my bet sizing.  Or Folding.

I'm sure other functions would be of use as well.  I have already added "gg all" to my spell checker.

Enjoying the show as always guys.

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited October 2013
    Poker improvement:

Option to pay a % of the pot to see a 6th community card.