You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My MTT diary

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Ok, i can't find my other diary must be in the 20th page or something, cant be bothered looking for it so i'll just start a new one haha.

In this, i'm just going to post my results from playing MTTs since i am going to start playing a lot more of those and knock back a little bit playing cash as it was getting a bit repetitive doing the same thing day after day after day haha, fancied a new challenge. And i'm hoping that i'll be able to learn a lot more during this challenge, since i don't have a lot of experience playing online MTTs apart from freerolls.

I'll also post any hands i was unsure about and the hands i got knocked out in here as well. Feel free to give me any advice/criticism on my play it will all help.

The tournaments i will be playing will be between $2.20 and $3.30 ones, not 100% sure which types of tournaments would be best to play, but i'm sure i'll get the gist of it soon lol. Might play a $5.50 tournament every now and then as well, my bankroll is £200 ($320)

Played in a couple tournaments yesterday, both $2.20 ones, first one didn't go too well got knocked out just before the first break but the second one i min-cashed for $3.47 after coming 91st/790 players.

Wish me luck! Should be fun haha.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Good luck with this skeg!

...and we don't use dollars in this country :)
  • edited October 2013
    Good luck with this skeg! ...and we don't use dollars in this country :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Haha i know, i keep getting mixed up how much money i have in pounds so i have to type into google '$320 in pounds' etc to tell me lol.

Registered into 2 tournaments later on, $3.30 NLHE 6 max 4k GTD and the $3.30 NLHE 5k GTD, both of them start soon so wish me luck!

• edited October 2013
    good luck with your MTT's skeg just make sure you don't go over the top like i did because it now feels so much harder to recover.
  • edited October 2013
    Cheers craig, i'll try not to lol.

I'm a little inexperienced with online MTTs so it might take a little while to get into it, knowing what tournaments to play and how many to play per day etc. Hopefully the fact i'm a good player can see me through and make me a winning online MTT player in the long run lol.
  • edited October 2013
    Try to get into the habit of playing as many as possible. Variance can be a **** in MTTs, streaks of not cashing can be very long and very common, and they'll feel like they last a lifetime if you're 1tabling.

Try and get 4-5 MTTs going. Get yourself a schedule so you're organised and not just flicking money into random rubbish MTTs. If you know you start at 8PM whenever you play, then find 4-5 good MTTs that kick off between like 7:45 - 9pm and play them every day you do a session.
  • edited October 2013
    Thats what i was planning on doing, i'm usually out until like 11-11.30pm anyway so the best time for me to play is during the night apart from weekends lol.

I've registered for 3 tournaments that all start within 1 hour of each other, think that will do until i get the hang of it lol
  • edited October 2013
    Completed 4 MTTs today, results are below:
    PokerStars Tournament #797370605, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $3.00/$0.30 USD
    2032 players
    Total Prize Pool: $6096.00 USD
    Tournament started 2013/10/12 18:45:00

I finished 145th for a total of $8.02, exit hand was pretty standard: i shoved 10bbs with pocket 10s and ran into kings lol.

PokerStars Tournament #797370612, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $3.00/$0.30 USD
    2683 players
    Total Prize Pool: $1273.27 USD
    Tournament started 2013/10/12 19:00:00

I finished 1246th, didn't get going in this one lost with QQ v AK to knock me out.

PokerStars Tournament #826010556, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $2.00/$0.20 USD
    2093 players
    Total Prize Pool: $4186.00 USD
    Tournament started 2013/10/12 19:30:00

Finished 140th in this, cashed for $5.65, went down to about 15bbs, shoved pocket 4s bvb and got called by 9s which held.

The other one was a $2.75 bounty hunter, i played in it just to see what they were like and it was pretty terrible so i don't think i'll be playing in any of those again lol.

I'm still playing in one tournament right now, started at 10pm, going along alright i have 35bbs at the moment after an early double up :)

• edited October 2013
    No idea what happened in that above post, i copied and pasted it from my e-mails haha.

Just busted in 445th place in the other tournament i was in (228 paid), had a brilliant chance to get to 20k+ chips, flop a set of 7s, guy snap calls my shove with just a gutshot and hits on the river lol. In the end, i went down to <10bbs, shoved with 10s and lost v AJ.

So overall today i have played 5 MTTs, cashing in 2 and narrowly missing out on a third. I made a loss of $0.36 in total, so a break-even first day of MTTing for me lol.

Might play in the 'big $2.20' tourny at half 1, depends how i feel, might just play a bit of cash instead.
  • edited October 2013
    Just got knocked out of the $2.20 'big one' tournament in like 1200th place, was trying to be a bit more aggresive in the middle stages but it didn't work out kept isolating the limpers in position and it was the limpers who were hitting, not me haha.
  • edited October 2013
    MTTs i am scheduled to play in today:

$3.30 NLHE (6 max) $4K GTD 6.45PM
    $3.30 NLHE $5K GTD 7PM
    $2.20 NLHE (6 max) $3K GTD 7.30PM
    $2.20 NLHE $5K GTD 9.15PM
    $2.75 NLHE $4K GTD 10PM

Should keep me busy for a few hours anyway! They all add up to about $15 which is only a tenner, not bad for one nights work lol.

Will post results later :)
  • edited October 2013
    Pretty frustrating day overall, ran deep-ish in the first 3 tournaments ended up going out just near the bubble time and in the last one ($2.20 5k GTD) i ran kings into ace-king in the 3rd blind level and they river the ace (always has to be on the river eh? easier to take when its on the flop hahaha.) I've decided not to play in the 10PM tournament as i've got a lot of catching up to do on the tv and i've got a bit of a headache lol.

Results:

$3.30 NLHE (6 max) $4K GTD 6.45PM - 358th/1992 - $0
    $3.30 NLHE $5K GTD 7PM - 641st/2596 - $0
    $2.20 NLHE (6 max) $3K GTD 7.30PM - 417th/1827 - $0
    $2.20 NLHE $5K GTD 9.15PM - 1540th/2478 - $0
    $2.75 NLHE $4K GTD 10PM - N/A

Really should have at least cashed in one of those, i thought i played well especially in the middle stages where i was a little more aggro trying to build a stack, just wasn't to be lol. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! Won't be able to play in those tournaments tomorrow so i'll need to see what tournaments run after 12am lol. -£10 for today.
  • edited October 2013
    Played in another few tournaments tonight, didn't cash in any of them but i was close yet again on two occasions lol.

Results:

$2.20 NLHE 2.15AM - 88th/512 - $0
    $2.20 'big one' NLHE 1.30AM - 2379th/5337 - $0
    $3.30 NLHE 1.45AM - 75th/379 - $0

Just can't seem to win a flip in the later stages near the bubble atm, i try and play aggresively to build a stack in the middle stages but i always seem to end up having 15-25 bigs near the bubble, its difficult being aggro when there are so many donks in those tournaments (no disrespect to them lol)

Best example was when i was dealt KK, blinds 150/300 i have 11k, utg raises to 900, 3 callers and i re-raise in the big blind a massive amount to something like 4k, and everyone calls. Flop comes Ace high with 2 clubs, i check, someone bets, someone raises and the other person goes all in - easy fold for me but they turn over J7cc, 85cc and A2o, J7cc wins with a rivered club, i have no idea why some people don't have the sense to dump those hands pre-flop especially after a massive 3bet.

Down about £15 for today, MTTs are bloody hard!! haha.
  • edited October 2013
    Just home from poker, registered to play in a few tournaments tonight they are:

The big $2.20 7.5K GTD - 1.30AM
    $3.30 NLHE (8 max) - 1K GTD - 1.45AM
    $2.20 NLHE (6 max) - 1K GTD - 2.15AM

Wish me luck!
  • edited October 2013
    Well im out in my first 2 tournys already.. didn't even last half an hour! haha.

First one, third hand in i get dealt pocket aces facing a 100bb shove from a complete and utter **** (i have every right to call him that, his behaviour after the hand in the chatbox was just disgraceful lol) he had pocket 5s and hit the 5 on the river ouch :(

In the $3.30 one, get dealt pocket jacks in EP, raise and get 4 callers. Flop comes 10 5 2 rainbow, i c-bet and get raised all in by a total maniac, so i call and he turns over A-3 of spades and hits the ace on the river lol.

Hopefully i run better in my last one, bloody variance can be a ****** sometimes haha. (B U G G E R is a swear word on here btw?)
  • edited October 2013
    Well that didn't last long either.. haha bloody hate people who limp/call though, can't stand it lol.

Lost half my chips to a limp/caller with 93o when i had QQ, then i flop 2pr with AQ on a AQ5 flop against another limp/caller goes all in on the flop and yep, you guessed it.. he had pocket 5s lol.

Oh well at least i got a $10 bonus just now, get my money back anyway.

• edited October 2013
    Registered for the exact same 3 tournaments as last night, hopefully they go better tonight lol (might be a bit difficult since i've had a few drinks but oh well its only money and its fun haha)

1.30, 1.45 and 2.15 are the times, wish me luck!
  • edited October 2013
    gl skeg. whats ur alias?

If you're out playing poker all evening then grinding online thru the night, what hours do u nowmally sleep?????
  • edited October 2013
    ryanshire94 on pokerstars feel free to watch me haha.

And im out playing poker between 7-11.30 every night apart from thursday and saturdays (but i normally go out on saturday nights anyway) so i don't get to sleep until about 7-8am and i don't wake up until after 4-5pm haha, i need my 9 hours ;)
  • edited October 2013
    It is pretty annoying how those tournaments are just completely filled with donks, i'd rather play against people who knew 2-4 off suit isn't a playable hand hahaha.

Pretty much the story of tonight again, the donks got the better of me in 2 of the tournys. Got it all in pre both times ahead and lost, ah well. At least im currently 26th out of 100 in my last one, 40 placed paid :)
  • edited October 2013
    At least i cashed in that $3.30 tournament, finished 31st out of 390 players for $7.89

Can't seem to win a flip for my life at the later stage of tournaments honestly lol, 4bet shoved 28bbs deep, get called by pocket 7s and they hold :(
  • edited October 2013
    Currently playing in 3 MTTs the now, $2.20 'big one' 7.5k GTD, $3.30 1k gtd and $2.20 1k GTD

So far i've done nothing in the big one, but in the other 2 i'm in the top 20 of both after a brilliant start lol, will post results later.
  • edited October 2013
    just got knocked out in 2 of them, same old story.. bloody idiots calling with junk again and getting lucky lol. Still doing well in the $3.30 one though
  • edited October 2013
    Finished 59th or something in the $3.30 tourny, 48 got paid so i just missed out :(

Was chip leader for a while before i lost half my stack losing a flip with jacks, then the hand i got knocked out on was shocking, i've got 16bbs K10o in the big blind against 2 limpers and i raise all-in and i get snap called by 10,6 of hearts and yep you guessed it.. 10 on the turn then a 6 on the river.

Absolute disgraceful in my opinion, i mean do those people not have a brain? i know i was 70-30 favourite and i should be happy to get it in good etc etc which i am but its just beyond belief how someone can call off almost all their chips with 10,6 haha and yet again i was victim so some shocking comments in the chatbox afterwards ******* idiots honestly haha.

Jesus christ, wish i was rich so i could just play higher stakes against better players, it would be more fun for me and a better learning experience as well, rather than playing against those donks. Need to win the euromillions i think haha
  • edited October 2013
    Lol 
    The move from 10nl -500nl should be nice and easy haha
    Skip levels ftw
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: My MTT diary:
    Finished 59th or something in the $3.30 tourny, 48 got paid so i just missed out :( Was chip leader for a while before i lost half my stack losing a flip with jacks, then the hand i got knocked out on was shocking, i've got 16bbs K10o in the big blind against 2 limpers and i raise all-in and i get snap called by 10,6 of hearts and yep you guessed it.. 10 on the turn then a 6 on the river. Absolute disgraceful in my opinion, i mean do those people not have a brain? i know i was 70-30 favourite and i should be happy to get it in good etc etc which i am but its just beyond belief how someone can call off almost all their chips with 10,6 haha and yet again i was victim so some shocking comments in the chatbox afterwards ******* idiots honestly haha. Jesus christ, wish i was rich so i could just play higher stakes against better players, it would be more fun for me and a better learning experience as well, rather than playing against those donks. Need to win the euromillions i think haha
    Posted by skeg01
    you have donks at you're table, and there getting there money in bad all the time and getting lucky. something to celebrate if you ask me.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: My MTT diary:
    Lol  The move from 10nl -500nl should be nice and easy haha Skip levels ftw
    Posted by macapaca
    Haha, yeah thats why i said i wish i was rich and could afford to just pi** money away, i know i'd probably get crushed at those higher stakes against professionals and that but at least it would be a much better game of poker and i would learn a lot more a lot faster by playing those opponents rather than playing total idiots all the time haha.

And i'm not complaining about them getting their money in bad against me, i know its what i want and in the long run i'll make a profit etc but its just terrible poker thats all, i'm not really bothered about the money right now i just want to play proper poker against good players lol
  • edited October 2013
    Not out playing poker tonight so i'm going to play in a few more tournys than normal lol, first one went terrible, got it all in with KQ v K10 pre and K10 wins on the river again haha. At least it was free since i got a $3.30 tournament ticket as a bonus lol

Still doing alright in 2 other ones atm, will post results later
  • edited October 2013
    wow i cannot believe what just happened. Don't think anyone on any of my tables today had a brain, absolute joke lol.

I can't swear on the forums can i?
  • edited October 2013
    Played 3 MTTs tonight, went deep in 2 of them finished 159/5000+ runners and 31st/555 runners only a profit of about $10 to show for it though haha if only i had won that hand where i had A10 v Q10 might have went a lot further :(
  • edited October 2013
    Same 3 MTTs tonight, half 1, 1.45 and 2.15am the usual ones lol hopefully i do as well as i did last night and go a bit further this time!